Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Reliant or Energy Plus AA and UA offers (CT, MD, NJ, NY, PA and TX) [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reliant or Energy Plus AA and UA offers (CT, MD, NJ, NY, PA and TX) [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2013, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
In MA here, the UA MP offer I responded to was 10,000 for joining + 2,500 for having a United Mileage Plus Chase credit card. Still haven't received the 2,500. Or the triple miles per Energy+ spend. (But then, still haven't received a 1,000 bonus promised by Cartera/MP Shopping either.)

They should just put a last step in all the t&c called, "Clawing back" because it's virtually always necessary... OK, I was actually pleasantly surprised when the 10,000 showed up. But I'm still not ready to say, "Deal!"

Now, a question: Why are people all worked up over the increase caused by Energy+? My increase of 30% is about $5. The Energy+ component itself is a small fraction of my bill. I thought the markup people were upset about was some multiple of their whole bills.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 4:48 pm

we signed up and received the promised AA miles last month and i finally got around to cancelling the service yesterday. surprisingly the rate in MA only went up a little after the promotional fixed 3 month rate, 6.7 -->8.9 cents/kw-hr. it seems nstar is charging a lot more, 12.53 cents/kw-hr? maybe i should have stayed with energyplus lol
Old Dec 22, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
IL. I was able to get in a 12 month fixed rate contract. 5.4. Was cheaper than comed. When contract expiredexpired went to 8.9. Called to cancel n given 2500 miles to stay plus 7.4 rate.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Red face

I feel a bit like they're stringing me along with the, "It may take 4-8 weeks for the 2,500 miles and tripling of your monthly miles to show up." I'm afraid to switch back to NSTAR until they do ... as the price of those miles goes up. Makes me wonder if we both have our eyes on the breakeven.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by brownie20
we signed up and received the promised AA miles last month and i finally got around to cancelling the service yesterday. surprisingly the rate in MA only went up a little after the promotional fixed 3 month rate, 6.7 -->8.9 cents/kw-hr. it seems nstar is charging a lot more, 12.53 cents/kw-hr? maybe i should have stayed with energyplus lol
Interesting. I'm also in MA and Energy Plus' latest rate was 14.4, so I called to cancel. This is my vacaion home so it doesn't add up to a lot of $s, but it's way higher than my NStar rate on my main residence.

Warning to all those that sign up for the enrollment bonus: carefully check your rates after the introductory period!
Old Dec 22, 2013, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by bosman
Interesting. I'm also in MA and Energy Plus' latest rate was 14.4, so I called to cancel. This is my vacaion home so it doesn't add up to a lot of $s, but it's way higher than my NStar rate on my main residence.

Warning to all those that sign up for the enrollment bonus: carefully check your rates after the introductory period!
i know i was suprised too! we've had energyplus in tx and nj before and the rates both went up maybe 20-30% after the promotional period ended in the past. even more surprising is the energyplus rep didn't even put up a fight when i called to cancel the service. was given a cancellation number and done in just a few minutes (not counting the 5-8 min hold time to reach a representative )
Old Dec 23, 2013, 7:35 am

UA 25k bonus + 500/month

Originally Posted by roneyc
Reliant has been a PITA. Service initiated first week of Sept and still no bonus...This morning she called back - awards team has identified the error and said to tell me I will be getting my bonus - IN 10-14 BUSINESS DAYS!
Finally got the bonus posted- TWICE. It took almost 4 months however.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: UA Silver, DL, AA
Can you sign up multiple times? For example, I signed up before I moved and earned UA miles this year. Now I'm at a new place, with a new account. Can I sign up for Energyplus and earn miles under a different airline?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by GretelNick
Can you sign up multiple times? For example, I signed up before I moved and earned UA miles this year. Now I'm at a new place, with a new account. Can I sign up for Energyplus and earn miles under a different airline?
Yes, done this through the years, between wife, and different airlines, both have received bonus from AA, US, UA. Still use them, been under contract since rate is competitive.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA Silver, DL, AA
Great, thanks.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:42 pm

Obviously Energy Plus has a poor reputation regarding gauging customers after the first 2 months. However I signed up on a summer cottage with the electricity shut off! I'll let you know if the miles post !
Old Jan 29, 2016, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA, United, British Airways, Alaska Air
Has anyone done this recently (specifically, in IL)? Is it good or a PITA like someone previously described?

I'm looking to earn some UA miles and this seems like a good possibility!
Old Jul 6, 2016, 7:53 am

Programs: Ink/Sapphire/Freedom/SPG
any good deals right now?
I have an opportunity to move to Energy plus could see only 5k Delta for PA.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 5:38 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Originally Posted by rocky_nnc
any good deals right now?
I have an opportunity to move to Energy plus could see only 5k Delta for PA.
Here are links to 10k-12.5k mile United and American deals (I wrote up my experience...how long it took miles to post, etc....on my site):

Link to United MileagePlus bonus offer
Link to American AAdvantage miles bonus offer
Old Jul 8, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: Ink/Sapphire/Freedom/SPG
Thanks HMG

Just moved it to NRG with AA.

Are u still using NRG, is it possible to move out and move in and get both the bonuses?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.