Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Reliant or Energy Plus AA and UA offers (CT, MD, NJ, NY, PA and TX) [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reliant or Energy Plus AA and UA offers (CT, MD, NJ, NY, PA and TX) [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2013, 1:16 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Appended Slickw's post to established thread because it appears that Reliant and Energy Plus are related companies.

http://www.nrgenergy.com/about/subsidiaries.html

Please click the triangular alert icon in the lower left corner of this post if I am mistaken.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 7:43 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....

Just got the 25k after paying the second bill. Contacted the provider to cancel etc. lets see still one month of locked in pricing
Old Sep 4, 2013, 3:49 pm

just got my 20k UA miles posted after 2months of service. I do have the UA explorer card, so i should techinically receive 25k bonus miles.

Does anyone have any energy plus contact # whom i could contact to ask about the missing 5k miles? TIA
Old Sep 5, 2013, 5:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....

Just write to customer support
[email protected]
Is for me (NJ) they were quick to answer (same day)
Old Sep 5, 2013, 5:48 am

Btw have the recalc the miles for the service too ( as you get more miles per dollar )
Old Sep 6, 2013, 2:58 pm

http://www.energypluscompany.com/com...pc=071&pcb=071

Current offer for MD is 7,500 UA miles. Doesn't really seem worth it to me.

Edit: swapped out link. looks like you can change the numbers after PC= and PCB= in the url to get different deals.

788 was 5k UA miles with 2.5k bonus for credit card holders
071 is for 7.5k with 2.5k bonus for credit card holders

Last edited by wackyiraqi; Sep 6, 2013 at 3:10 pm
Old Sep 6, 2013, 5:57 pm

Not worth the risk trouble for that amount of miles. Is there a rate lock in period ?
Old Sep 7, 2013, 2:26 pm

Same as it's always been from my understanding. There will be a promotional rate tied to whatever the current provider in the area charges per kwh for 3 months.

The small print indicates that you get the miles after 2 consecutive months of service and don't have a disconnect order pending. So you have to wait for them to post before switching back.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen
Just write to customer support
[email protected]
Is for me (NJ) they were quick to answer (same day)
thanks a lot! i did mail them, they replied in less than 24hrs, promised me that the missing 5k miles will also post and i will receive 3x miles per $

will revert back to PSEG once these miles post
Old Sep 21, 2013, 11:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, *A Gold, Marriott Gold
Smile 20/25K AA Link Available?

Thanks so much to everyone who's posted in this thread! While I've been able to locate a 25K UA offer for NY, the highest AA one I can find is 12.5K. Might someone have a current AA URL for a better deal?

Thanks again!
Old Sep 22, 2013, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen
Btw have the recalc the miles for the service too ( as you get more miles per dollar )
thanks again! they did post the additional 5k miles and recalculate the miles for my service $$

gonna cancel this soon and back to PSEG! about 25.5k bonus miles so far! easily worth about $500 if used wisely on UNITED.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: Continental
GManko - thank you for posting the link to the 25K United offer for NY!

Unfortunately, while I did the electric offer for 25K, I did not do the gas offer for 2.5K at the same time. Duh, that was stupid.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 5:03 pm

Hmmm why stupid. Risk for 2500 miles .... The electricity price is locked for 3 month but you will pay for 4 month ( miles post / you cancel / .... The provider switches back). For 30k worth the effort 4month extra costs were offset by first 3 month savings but not for 2.5k
Old Nov 23, 2013, 6:03 pm

Programs: Continental
Good point. It would have been ok for me though, because it is a NYC apartment where the landlord heats the place and I only pay for gas to cook.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 8:44 am

Reliant Secure 24 Offer (UA up to 27,000)

This offer was too good to pass up since I'm trying to top off miles and lock in FC trip to New Zealand prior to 2/1 award chart changes. It was immediate 15,000 point bonus and 500 points/mo for 24 months.

However, Reliant has been a PITA. Service initiated first week of Sept and still no bonus. Kept getting standard answer - "We have up to 10 weeks to post bonus. Don't worry, you'll get it." Even when I called at week 11, they still said wait a few more days. Finally yesterday I got a CSR who had a little zip in her step. She tracked it down while I was on hold and said she was forwarding this as an issue to the awards team. This morning she called back - awards team has identified the error and said to tell me I will be getting my bonus - IN 10-14 BUSINESS DAYS!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.