Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Miles for Nothing

Miles for Nothing

Old Sep 28, 2010, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
try clubbing.com

It is Club Bing, where you can play games, earn points, then buy miles with the points. It used to be called Live Search Club, tons of posts on this.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 11:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
mypoints.com .. 5000 mypoints transfer to 2500 UA miles. its not that difficult to earn these points
Old Sep 30, 2010, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
work for it!

Another thing you could do is ask your employer to pay you in points and miles. How? Well, if he/she has a lot of miles, have him/her book all your flights. If employer has points at hotel chains, rooms can often be booked as well.

Originally Posted by mvoight
First time signup for points.com can get you a small number of AA miles or another carrier
This is free
Then quit them promptly and be tempted nay further, for they are evil!

Originally Posted by kyunbit
mypoints.com .. 5000 mypoints transfer to 2500 UA miles. its not that difficult to earn these points
I rarely do more than merely click to get the 5 points but today I signed up for RewardTV through MyPoints and got 25 more points for doing so... And, at http://www.rewardtv.com, you simply enter the TV shows you saw on the given day and answer trivia about them and the commercials aired during these shows. You rack up points (surveys are long but kinda cool) and these can be used for many things. I am not sure if miles is one of them, but gift cards are and those are worth money. Interestingly enough, I found I remembered more about commercials than the show haha

MM
Old Sep 30, 2010, 9:00 am

pgary's site, http://www.freefrequentflyermiles.com has a comprehensive and (usually) up-to-date listing of pretty much any way you can get miles, for nothing or otherwise.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the 8 or so years I have been familiar with Gary and his site from this and other forums, he has offered his ideas and information for free, and this is great. Many thanks to this. It carries forth much of the karma that surrounds and makes possible the world of mile and point sharing.

BUT, can ya'll imagine if he had somehow charged or received say, just 10 miles to use his site? Why, he'd have enough to circle the globe many times over!

Just a thought.

A note to the OP... you need to earn by all the means possible, not just one. Free miles, earned from flights, credit cards, and promos and even the schemas such as the coins from the US Mint. This is the best way to get there, where ever there may be. This forum is where people discuss and share ideas about the best and worst places to do business and how best to get your points. Good luck.

MM
Old Oct 5, 2010, 11:14 am

Programs: Several dozen
Debit cards, too......

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
A note to the OP... you need to earn by all the means possible, not just one. Free miles, earned from flights, credit cards, and promos and even the schemas such as the coins from the US Mint.

MM
Old Oct 5, 2010, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Debit cards, too......
and gift cards...

and dumpster diving
Old Oct 5, 2010, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA 2MM,Marriott, Hilton
opinionplace.com survey
Old Oct 6, 2010, 2:31 pm

OP: from responses it seems that the question is: without traveling, hotels, renting cars, or paying money.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:03 pm
g11

Programs: SPG Gold, Sixt Gold
and dumpster diving
Let's all hear about dumpster diving for points stories
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ant4fatony
Does anyone know of ways to earn miles without spending any money. No credit cards, or purchase links. It doesn't matter how few miles. I have found one way, with erewards. But I am curious if anyone knows other creative ways. Thanks!
Lots of way for few miles. But you'll probably never get to an award level (or it'll take forever) using only those techniques.

But why mix "credit cards" and "purchase links" as equivalent? There's a lot of difference between "not spending extra money" and plain "not spending any money".

For example the US Mint (which has its own whole thread here in MilesBuzz): You have to spend money, but you get it all back (boxes of coins are shipped to you with you only paying for the face value of the coins, no shipping charges, and thus once you deposit the coins you've gotten back all the money you spent). And yet you earn miles from the purchase.

Similarly, is switching from a credit card that gives you no rewards to a credit card that gives you miles really "spending extra money", if you simply make the same purchases you would have otherwise made? (Yes, such miles-earning cards usually have an annual fee, but often no annual the first year, and not necessarily any need to keep them into the second year, since for many people, the miles earned from ongoing purchases are dwarfed by the sign-up bonuses.)
Old Oct 7, 2010, 1:03 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by Ant4fatony
Does anyone know of ways to earn miles without spending any money. No credit cards, or purchase links. It doesn't matter how few miles. I have found one way, with erewards. But I am curious if anyone knows other creative ways. Thanks!
Here's another thread over SPAM Forum you may want to take a look at :

Any full list of ways to get (free) points/miles?
Old Oct 7, 2010, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by JDiver
We can probably can say this much: with six Frequent Flyer Programs, you will find yourself hard pressed - particularly with the trickle of miles from free sources - to ever use them. 30 miles or whatever from a quarterly or so opinionplace survey will take several lifetimes to count for much, never mind a 25,000 mile flight.
good point....
Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:17 am

Programs: Several dozen
Volunteering for AMEX MRs

And then there is volunteering for AMEX Membership Rewards....
Old Oct 8, 2010, 5:44 pm
Original Member

BUT, can ya'll imagine if he had somehow charged or received say, just 10 miles to use his site? Why, he'd have enough to circle the globe many times over!
Well, I already have that many miles, just by following my own advice. It's easy. But the concept of "too many miles" has no meaning for me. So please, tell me how to do this. Anyone?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.