Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50,000 Mile UA Card back for Elites

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2011, 3:08 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by malkounis
Greenythebeast You can call Chase Executive Card services like I did and got approved for my UA MP card after being denied initially. the number is 1-888-622-7547 good luck. Let me know what happens Thanks
Called the executive office and the person I talked to said she would take a look and get back to me within a few days. Fingers crossed
Old Apr 13, 2011, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Data point from former UA churner

Like many people we were big Chase UA Visa card churners. Wife's last UA card was canceled 12/08. Since them she's had a few other Chase cards (CO, BA, SWA) but not the UA.

As a UA Premier (2P) she had a link to the 50K Chase UA card. I thought this would be a good time to test the water since I was refused bonus miles in 2010 when I applied, and was approved, for a UA card.

She applied Monday & got the "we'll let you know soon" message. Today I called the 1-800 #, put in her SS #, and the message said she was approved. Her last Chase card was the CO this Jan. She also received the Cap 1 card last month.

Now, we'll see if they give her the 50K bonus. Chase has been awfully strict with "previous card holders". I'll wait another month or two before I apply for the 30K card I was offered.

Last edited by philemer; Apr 13, 2011 at 6:06 pm
Old Apr 16, 2011, 12:02 am

Hey Guys

Read through this thread a few times and I'm a bit confused.

Went to THATSAPLUS.com and logged in at UA.com but I am not seeing the 50,000 mile offer.

I am Prem Exec with United.

Any hints how I can get this offer?

Is it still valid?

Many thanks!
Old Apr 16, 2011, 12:17 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Easy solution when u have one card with high credit line, just call and reduce it, then apply for another Chase card, it worked like magic for me. I have obtained 3 additional Chase cards (Priority Club in Dec, UA in Jan, Marriott last week) after having CO card for over a year. Each time before I applied, I needed to call in and cut down the limit on prior card(s) as each new card would always max out my limit.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
How Long for miles to Post??

Curious as I got this card a few weeks ago charged a few things and paid first bill but the miles haven;t posted to my account yet. How long have others noticed it took to get the miles?
Old Apr 19, 2011, 11:41 pm

Well, executive office got back to me. The only way to approve the United card was to close my Continental account. I decided it was worth it for 50,000 United miles. Hopefully closing my Continental account after only 1 month won't hurt my credit score too much. I think I'm done with CC offers for a while!
Old Apr 26, 2011, 7:02 pm

I also was forced to close my Continental Onepass account in order to be approved for the United Card. I called multiple times trying to get them to split the credit limit to no avail. I transferred all my Onepass miles over to United to try to "protect" them in case Chase tries to take them back. We'll see what happens.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 7:30 pm

The offer code for the 50,000 mile offer I got in the mail was 3W5. I originally signed up for the card with a lesser offer and once I was approved I sent a secure message. They said they'd exchange the offer once I met the first purchase requirement.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 8:54 am

Just another data point. I've had the UA credit card before, at least twice that I can remember. Applied when the OP posted this in the forums, got the card, bought some stuff, and got the bonus miles again! Yay.

I only had the 30k offer in my account, but it's still a nice boost.
Thanks.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by gnat_
Just another data point. I've had the UA credit card before, at least twice that I can remember. Applied when the OP posted this in the forums, got the card, bought some stuff, and got the bonus miles again! Yay.

Thanks.
Do you remember how long ago you were approved and/or cancelled your UA card?
Old Apr 27, 2011, 5:10 pm

how to get extra 20k mi for non elites

Originally Posted by kiam
Easy solution when u have one card with high credit line, just call and reduce it, then apply for another Chase card, it worked like magic for me. I have obtained 3 additional Chase cards (Priority Club in Dec, UA in Jan, Marriott last week) after having CO card for over a year. Each time before I applied, I needed to call in and cut down the limit on prior card(s) as each new card would always max out my limit.
You can reduce your credit line to get the card only if the accounts been open for certain amount of time. I had no problem reducing the credit line on one of my other chase card (over 1 yr old) and opened up chase continental but when I tried to do that with my GF's Chase UA (new acct less than 60 days) to open up Chase Cont, CSR told her that she would have to close her UA acct to open up Con acct.

Separately, for those of you who only got 30K bonus, if you call and talk to CSR about the 50K bonus, they'll escalate it to marketing and will get an approval for extra 20K. I did that and got the 20K bonus conf. Some CSR will give you attitude, than just say "thank you" and call back and get another CSR who will write the email to marketing. It took 2 calls, first CSR was ".....y", but 2nd one said he'll forward the info and a week goes by and wallah email stating we'll get the 20K. It looks like you'll lose your $50 service credit however.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by philemer
Like many people we were big Chase UA Visa card churners. Wife's last UA card was canceled 12/08. Since them she's had a few other Chase cards (CO, BA, SWA) but not the UA.

As a UA Premier (2P) she had a link to the 50K Chase UA card. I thought this would be a good time to test the water since I was refused bonus miles in 2010 when I applied, and was approved, for a UA card.

She applied Monday & got the "we'll let you know soon" message. Today I called the 1-800 #, put in her SS #, and the message said she was approved. Her last Chase card was the CO this Jan. She also received the Cap 1 card last month.

Now, we'll see if they give her the 50K bonus. Chase has been awfully strict with "previous card holders". I'll wait another month or two before I apply for the 30K card I was offered.
Great news! The 50K miles posted for my wife a few days ago, just 36 hours after the statement closed!! Now I'm thinking of applying for the 30K offer on my UA homepage. I was turned down for bonus miles, when Chase put the skids on us churners, back in the Fall of 08.

Last edited by philemer; Apr 30, 2011 at 5:34 pm
Old May 2, 2011, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by xazntigerx
You can reduce your credit line to get the card only if the accounts been open for certain amount of time. I had no problem reducing the credit line on one of my other chase card (over 1 yr old) and opened up chase continental but when I tried to do that with my GF's Chase UA (new acct less than 60 days) to open up Chase Cont, CSR told her that she would have to close her UA acct to open up Con acct.

Separately, for those of you who only got 30K bonus, if you call and talk to CSR about the 50K bonus, they'll escalate it to marketing and will get an approval for extra 20K. I did that and got the 20K bonus conf. Some CSR will give you attitude, than just say "thank you" and call back and get another CSR who will write the email to marketing. It took 2 calls, first CSR was ".....y", but 2nd one said he'll forward the info and a week goes by and wallah email stating we'll get the 20K. It looks like you'll lose your $50 service credit however.
I reduced the credit line on each of my card within less than 6 months after having the cards (e.g. CO card), and with UA and Priority Club cards being reduced the same month I activated the card. I never noticed any grace period required before being able to reduce the credit line. This is how i managed to apply for 3 new cards in 3 months.
Old May 2, 2011, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by akcae
Originally Posted by gnat_

Thanks.
Do you remember how long ago you were approved and/or cancelled your UA card?
I got my bonus back in Dec 2007 (i think it was 20K then), cancelled the card in Dec 2008, applied for 50K bonus in Jan 2011, and got the bonus.
Old May 4, 2011, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by kiam
I got my bonus back in Dec 2007 (i think it was 20K then), cancelled the card in Dec 2008, applied for 50K bonus in Jan 2011, and got the bonus.
So, we're still looking at a 20+ month window for churn.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.