Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Up to 40k AAdvantage Miles -- Citibank Checking for Citi AA cardholders

Up to 40k AAdvantage Miles -- Citibank Checking for Citi AA cardholders

Old Sep 10, 2010, 6:09 pm

I'm very, very tempted here, but I just don't know if I'll qualify if not targeted.

Does Citibank have a history of targeted promotions? Do they typically stick to that, or is that not an issue with Citibank?
Old Sep 11, 2010, 4:52 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by josephstern
I'm very, very tempted here, but I just don't know if I'll qualify if not targeted.

Does Citibank have a history of targeted promotions? Do they typically stick to that, or is that not an issue with Citibank?
In the past, I have been able to take advantage of Citi's promotions for which I was not targeted. You may still have to fight for it, so keep all the documents etc. YMMV.

On a related note, I have an existing Citibank's account (ez-checking package) and will like to take advantage of the part II of this promotion (the saving account part). Do you guys think it might work?
Old Sep 11, 2010, 11:31 pm

If you already have a Citibank checking account and have online access, how do you input the C22D promo code if you open a new Savings Plus account directly after you log in? I see no where that it's taking the promo code.

If I don't log in to citibank, there is a box for promo code, but then Citi will ask for all your information and try to let you pick a new online access user id, etc.

How does it work? Thanks.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 12:19 pm

Targeted

Dear All:

I too was very interested in this offer for my wife since I have a checking at Citi I preferred not to close.

In any case, I called last night and was told by A CSR that she could have the offer so I discussed it with her and we were going to do it today. However, when I called today, an agent said that this was a targeted offer and ultimately we wouldn't get the miles. I pushed a little bit and she said she would love to open it for me (and she would get a commission for opening a new account) but ultimately I would not get the miles. I then asked for a supervisor because of this conflicting information. The supervisor then too said that we would NOT get the miles. I then asked her what would have happened had we opened the account when the main said we were eligible. She countered by saying that had I opened it last night I could have fought for the miles (since the conversation was recorded) but I now was advised (I had given my name in the conversation) that we are not eligible for the offer because the email was not sent to us directly by Citi.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 5:03 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by chespeak2002
If you already have a Citibank checking account and have online access, how do you input the C22D promo code if you open a new Savings Plus account directly after you log in? I see no where that it's taking the promo code.

If I don't log in to citibank, there is a box for promo code, but then Citi will ask for all your information and try to let you pick a new online access user id, etc.

How does it work? Thanks.
Here are the steps to do it -
1) go to http://citi.bridgetrack.com/cbol/DM_codeEntry.htm, input the code and press continue
2) on the next page, click "Already a customer? Sign on to apply."
3) Apply for the savings account.
I remember it worked a couple of years ago. Of course huge YMMV especially with Citibank. Hope it helps.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 6:25 am

Programs: Too many to list
Thanks. will give it a try.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by ddfr
Dear All:

I too was very interested in this offer for my wife since I have a checking at Citi I preferred not to close.

In any case, I called last night and was told by A CSR that she could have the offer so I discussed it with her and we were going to do it today. However, when I called today, an agent said that this was a targeted offer and ultimately we wouldn't get the miles. I pushed a little bit and she said she would love to open it for me (and she would get a commission for opening a new account) but ultimately I would not get the miles. I then asked for a supervisor because of this conflicting information. The supervisor then too said that we would NOT get the miles. I then asked her what would have happened had we opened the account when the main said we were eligible. She countered by saying that had I opened it last night I could have fought for the miles (since the conversation was recorded) but I now was advised (I had given my name in the conversation) that we are not eligible for the offer because the email was not sent to us directly by Citi.
Call again until you get a positive response, then take the name, date and time.

Another idea is to send a secure message but if the answer is negative, then it is on your records with the bank.

My personal guess is that Citi will honor all accounts opened with the code.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 5:08 pm

Just got off the phone with Citi and asked if I could do the offer and they set it up no problem. Guy walked me threw all the steps and explained how I would get the miles. I did ask if they would email me the exact details of what I was signing up for and he said he couldn't because they didn't want the Targeted offers getting spread around too much.

Said miles would post 90 days after qualifying activities were done.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 8:00 pm

Citi puts all the details of the offer you applied for in the new account packet you will receive. As long as the offer is in your new account packet, I don't see how they can deny the offer later.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:23 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Chairman's Club
Has anyone confirmed with a rep how long the $25k must be in the savings account? I know the smart thing to do would be to keep it there until the bonus miles post, but the T&C's only mention making a $25k deposit by 10/31. Weighing this offer vs. just keeping everything with BankDirect. I know with this promo $25k will earn 20k miles in (hopefully) 3-4 months vs. 8 months at BD. But if it takes longer to post it equals out.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 11:07 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
i have a citi mortgage so should be fine with not keeping a $6k balance in the checking acct. will give them the minimum $100.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by MattinAustin
Just got off the phone with Citi and asked if I could do the offer and they set it up no problem. Guy walked me threw all the steps and explained how I would get the miles. I did ask if they would email me the exact details of what I was signing up for and he said he couldn't because they didn't want the Targeted offers getting spread around too much.

Said miles would post 90 days after qualifying activities were done.
I am having some delays but spoke again with CSR, he gave me his phone number last time and he said there is no problem. I think if you can do the 25K they would not deny you.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 8:48 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Pardon my ignorance....I'm not going to get a hard inquiry when I apply for this right?
Old Sep 15, 2010, 8:56 pm

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
The big question how long must the 25000 stay in the account? Has anyone recieved the paper work for this deal that explains the details?... Thanks
Old Sep 18, 2010, 12:37 pm

I brought the printout of the promotion disclosure of this C22D promotion to a local branch a few days ago. The banker there saw the "Existing checking customers not eligible for checking offer" in the disclosure and told me that I am only eligible for the 20K AA miles for opening a new savings account. I asked him whether I would be eligible for another 20K AA miles by closing my current checking and open another checking account. He said as long as I opened an account in Citi, I am "existing" with them. Is it true?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.