Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pay your rent online, earn miles!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2015, 7:51 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Avoid RadPad

I've tried dealing with RadPad, and what a joke of a company.

I've been trying to get RadPad to make a rent payment for a property that I've been leasing in another state--- a different than where I own my primary home [where my credit card mailing address is]-- and the landlord lives in a completely different state.

RadPad told me they would have to mail the rent check to me, and then I would have to then personally mail this check to my landlord--- which would mean the rent check would not arrive in time, by the first of each month. [Even though mailing a check to the landlord is supposedly covered in the fees these clowns charge]

The company's customer service is beyond incompetent--- after first requiring all kinds of other documentation -- photo copies of ID's and utility bills--- they then told me they would mail the rent check to where I receive my credit card address at the home I've owned outright for a number of years--- not to the landlord of the property we're leasing "due to liability issues" --- never ever had such a thing happen with WilliamPaid.

This process was told to me in a rude and arrogant manner.

Avoid RadPad.

I NEVER had such issue with WilliamPaid. I dearly miss them.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Max M
I've tried dealing with RadPad, and what a joke of a company.
Yes, if you go to their website*, they brag that they put your name and apartment number on what they mail. Well, what about the address of your apartment? They seem to assume that your landlord is in the same building, and they don't seem to be set up to handle anything else!

*And their website is not radpad.com -- that's a different company named RadPad in a different business! Their website is https://www.onradpad.com/paymyrent.

(I just saw a write-up about them on the front page of FlyerTalk, but it was SPONSORED by Radpad! )

I'm sorry you had to try them to realize they were joke of a company. That's how they seemed to me right away when I looked around their website for the first time today.
Old May 27, 2015, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Arrow

Just saw this on Gary Leff's blog earlier today... seems like it could be an alternative to the now defunct WilliamPaid.
https://www.plastiq.com/
Old May 30, 2015, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Yes, if you go to their website*, they brag that they put your name and apartment number on what they mail. Well, what about the address of your apartment? They seem to assume that your landlord is in the same building, and they don't seem to be set up to handle anything else!

*And their website is not radpad.com -- that's a different company named RadPad in a different business! Their website is https://www.onradpad.com/paymyrent.

(I just saw a write-up about them on the front page of FlyerTalk, but it was SPONSORED by Radpad! )

I'm sorry you had to try them to realize they were joke of a company. That's how they seemed to me right away when I looked around their website for the first time today.
They are a huge joke as my landlord wanted a notarized letter from them stating they won't claim tenancy on my apt and Radpad informed me that they couldn't notarize as it was too expensive, and they didn't have time to stop by a bank..
Cheers
Howie
Old Jul 13, 2015, 1:16 pm

I was thinking of using RadPad for my daughter's apartment, but I have changed my mine after reading this thread.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by sdisney
I was thinking of using RadPad for my daughter's apartment, but I have changed my mine after reading this thread.
Radpad is a hassle. I then tried Rentshare, and it was easy and smooth, no hassles whatsoever. YMMV.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 3:12 pm

FWIW, I've used Radpad for the last six months. My landlord doesn't reside in my building as it's a large property management company. I've had zero problems with my rent being paid on time and being credited properly. There are twenty-two other units in my building. It's been a hassle free experience.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 1:13 am

Same here. I'll keep using BB bill pay feature
Old Nov 10, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, AA, CX Asia Miles, United MileagePlus, HHonors
Originally Posted by Chuckles
Radpad is a hassle. I then tried Rentshare, and it was easy and smooth, no hassles whatsoever. YMMV.
Are there risks to using Rentshare to pay rent? Can they "claim tenancy" on your apartment as a post above mentioned their landlord wanted proof Radpad couldn't claim tenancy on her apartment?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by cloudeleven
Are there risks to using Rentshare to pay rent? Can they "claim tenancy" on your apartment as a post above mentioned their landlord wanted proof Radpad couldn't claim tenancy on her apartment?
I wouldn't worry about that too much outside of NYC. The fear here is that if they accept checks from a third party that the third party could somehow claim succession rights to a rent controlled/rent stablized apartment.
Cheers
Howie
Old Jun 13, 2016, 4:02 pm

Question: My landlord started accepting credit card payments for rent (via cozy.com). I'm wondering if cozy (and other rent payment sites) are classified as utilities? I tried to figure out how chase categorized the payment but it doesn't seem to list it anywhere. Certain cards would get bonus for utilities hence my curiosity. Anyone have any ideas or know how I can find out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.