Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2010, 9:37 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by daes03
Thanks for posting that link, but you should edit this post and remove the link. When you click on the link, the resulting page has your name and Aadvantage number.
Thanks. Didn't realize my fly was unzipped there. I'll post a screenshot instead.

Old Jul 29, 2010, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by daes03
Thanks for posting that link, but you should edit this post and remove the link. When you click on the link, the resulting page has your name and Aadvantage number.
Also has your email address at the bottom of page. =)
But thank you for posting this.

This email was sent to XOXOXOXO because you subscribe to AAdvantage® promotions emails.

...OK I see you removed the original, and did a screenshot.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 9:41 pm

My 6 year old son got the 50+50 offer today. Same url link as the other. Someone new to the game could post a quick 330K miles.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:01 pm

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
Hope I can get this e-mail sooon ... want to hit up the business one just got visa 35000 1 mth ago... maybe 8/1 they will let us all access that first page.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:06 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
It will be nice to learn from those who receive these mega offers if you had the cards before!

I had them all and got rejected on 4/20/10...laying low until I get better info on this offer.

Interestingly, my 6 yr and 12 yr old receive emails offering them only 30k miles...How about that Citibank, my kids are not worthy??
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:13 pm

As I mentioned earlier, my mom got the 50/50 offer earlier today. Neither she now my dad were former Citi/AA cardmembers. They were both instantly approved for both cards, and will wait to hear on the business card.

I'm relatively new to the game, but churned 5-6 CitiAA cards last year and this spring before they pulled the plug. I still hold, and use a CitiAA Visa. Sure those were a nice 150K, but today's offer alone would've made up for that. What a shame....

I applied using the offers through my mom's e-mail (same links posted in this forum), but got no instant approvals--told I will be contacted in the next few weeks. I do not expect to get approved, and if I do, I really don't expect the bonuses...
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:16 pm

Programs: Focus Programs: Air: AA, AC, AS, WN Hotel: Hyatt, IHG
Another Clue?

Originally Posted by aaron1262
maybe im wrong about this, but i did a URL comparison for the 2 different posts on the 75K deal. They're exactly the same... If it's targeted..isn't there usually a unique URL for each targeted email? Once you use it you can't use it again?

URL #1 as posted by WashParkRam in post # 65:
https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...?app=UNSOL&sc=4XKIW780&m=7QAEZZUBZZW&langId=EN&siteId=CB&B=S&screenID=30 01

URL #2 as posted by vu0219 in post #93:

https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...?app=UNSOL&sc=4XKIW780&m=7QAEZZUBZZW&langId=EN&siteId=CB&B=S&screenID=30 01
As you can see, they're exactly the same..

URL for the 100K total bonus:
https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...?app=UNSOL&sc=4XKIW730&m=7QAEZZUCZZW&langId=EN&siteId=CB&B=S&screenID=30 01

Note the slight difference in URL(bolded) between the 75K and 50K...
I think you're onto something here. The offer I got was only for 50K with $750 in purchases during the first four months. The critical portion of the URL link in my email is 4XKIW740, which is different from the ones you've posted above, which syncs with my offer being different from the others. As gleff said, one can always try the most favorable link, but if the bonus miles don't show, the original email one received is the only claim for resolution.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:20 pm

Programs: ALL
If you had a Citi AA card in the past, will Citi approve you, issue the new card but then not give the miles? Or will they tell you your app is denied b/c you had the card in the past?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess I'm one of the few sad sacks who got a 35K offer.

I might tamper with the link and apply for a 100K biz card. Not much to lose, especially since I expect to be denied. Further, I have two personal cards, and I don't feel like the issue of whether I'd be a new cardmember has been settled.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:26 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by gpapadop
It will be nice to learn from those who receive these mega offers if you had the cards before!
I've never had the Citi card before.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:28 pm
DrG

Programs: UA 2P, SPG Gold, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by spankytoes
I've never had the Citi card before.
Same here. No targeted email yet for me. I am hoping I will be able to apply via one of the posted links but may wait a bit as I just got the SPG cards.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:57 pm

Opt?

What is the opt-out prescreen status of you folks that are receiving these email offers ?

https://www.optoutprescreen.com/
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:58 pm
Formerly known as WChiCC

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, MGM Rewards Pearl, World of Hyatt Discoverist
These look like great offers. I've been jealous of those folks that took advantage of the recent BA 100k bonus, so I was waiting for something like this to pull the trigger on a new card. I submitted my app with the 75k link, but need further processing for approval. Here's hoping that this works for the full bonus!
Old Jul 29, 2010, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
Never had any Citi card just got 50k
Old Jul 29, 2010, 11:25 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, US, SW, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors
Originally Posted by iamthehpt
expiration date for the 50K/100K offer is October 31 2010

(1) Bonus Miles: This Citi® / AAdvantage® card offer is valid only for first-time Citi® / AAdvantage® cardmembers who apply pursuant to this offer for an account by October 31, 2010. The American Airlines AAdvantage® miles will appear as a bonus in your AAdvantage® account 8-10 weeks after you have met each purchase requirement.
Originally Posted by iamthehpt
Offer for regular visa and amex has the old "only valid for new accounts" language as follows:

This offer is only valid for new accounts. You must be at least 18 years of age. If you are married, you may apply for a separate account. Citibank (South Dakota), N.A. ("we" or "us") is the issuer of your account.

The business card t&cs have the following language:

This offer is available only if the Business does not already have a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card and, within the previous 90 days, has not applied for or received a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card.

Could you please confirm exactly which card application link corresponds to which set of T&C. For example, when you say "regular visa and amex," are you in fact referring to the personal visa signature and amex cards? If so, then which link has the "first-time Citi® / AAdvantage® cardmembers" language.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.