Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2010, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA PS - DL FO & .4MM
Originally Posted by iamthehpt
Thanks!
Old Jul 29, 2010, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
expiration date

expiration date for the 50K/100K offer is October 31 2010

(1) Bonus Miles: This Citi® / AAdvantage® card offer is valid only for first-time Citi® / AAdvantage® cardmembers who apply pursuant to this offer for an account by October 31, 2010. The American Airlines AAdvantage® miles will appear as a bonus in your AAdvantage® account 8-10 weeks after you have met each purchase requirement.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 6:19 pm

some posts are saying first time citi cardholders (which i am not, because i have a store cc through citi) and others say first time citi/aa cards (which i have never had before).... which would it be? I can easily hit the spend requirements for the 50/100 card.

this obviously makes a difference... i was going to apply for the 35k offer today or tomorrow, but this gives me pause. i havent rec'd any offers and just trolled through my spam filter hoping it went there.... no luck though.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
More fine print from Visa t&cs

Offer for regular visa and amex has the old "only valid for new accounts" language as follows:

This offer is only valid for new accounts. You must be at least 18 years of age. If you are married, you may apply for a separate account. Citibank (South Dakota), N.A. ("we" or "us") is the issuer of your account.

The business card t&cs have the following language:

This offer is available only if the Business does not already have a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card and, within the previous 90 days, has not applied for or received a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 6:25 pm

I applied for the business. Was not instantly approved, as i was for the personal card yesterday.

The link seemed to work fine. Wish me luck
Old Jul 29, 2010, 6:34 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Still no link for the 75k?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 6:38 pm

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
love how people posted that application page which I say a BIG thanks.. BUt before I apply for one I need that first page stating what we get..
Old Jul 29, 2010, 6:41 pm

vacation time -- check out post #66 in this thread for info on the links I posted in the later posts

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by WashParkRam
Here is a link to the Visa Signature App, there is also an AMEX and a biz card link. I dont see any mention of the 75K on the app, but that is definetly what I was offered.

https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3001
Yeah..if someone has the official offer that would be great.

Originally Posted by mlad1101
See the link above..

Originally Posted by DCfree
Yes, thank you for the posts. I don't know what good it will do us uninvited however, given that nothing about 75,000 miles appears at the links.
So, would anyone have a link to the introductory page (which cites and specifies the number of miles associated with the offer)?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 6:44 pm

Targeted

Originally Posted by mlad1101
Don't know why you are all drooling over a link for this, as it is obviously targeted. If there are different offers 60,65, and 75k as well as the 50k +50k for 10k spend...then you have to be in their system to qualify for a specific offer. I bet you anything if you sign up with any link and no documentation to prove you received an offer, you will get nothing but the plain 30k offer available to the general public. Unless you can weasel a way to get sent the offer from AA or CITI you are out of luck.

(i went today and looked at both the citi site and the AA site and could only find the 30k offer, strangely I later received an e-mail this afternoon from citi offering me the 30k card)
Old Jul 29, 2010, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by wise2u
Don't know why you are all drooling over a link for this, as it is obviously targeted.
No where in the email does it say it is targeted.

No where in the email does it say non-transferrable.

Nothing says "you may not forward this to a friend, if you do they'll get bupkis."

So I'm not sure why you conclude this.

They are essentially saying "Click the link in this email and your application will be embedded with the relevant offer code."

Nothing is guaranteed but I'd bet odds on this will work out for most.

That said, for those it does NOT work out simply for, you won't have a copy of an offer to prove what you were 'supposed to' get.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
To everyone asking for the "intro page", or the "official offer"... it's pretty clear from all the posts above that these are from emails. Thus, all that's probably listed on the emails are direct links to the application. There is no "intro page" or "official offer page". Unless you ask someone to forward you their original email.

I think I'm gonna hold off on applying for these. I've done too much churning in the past unfortunately (just canceled my last two personal AA cards in April, and still have a business visa on hand). Too bad
Old Jul 29, 2010, 6:57 pm

hopefully it isnt targeted....

in you all's experience, IF it is targeted, do all the offer emails go out at the same time or are they staggered over days, weeks, months?? meaning, am i out of luck if i dont have the offer email already?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by gleff
"(If you) click the link in this email...your application will be embedded with the relevant offer code." Nothing is guaranteed but I'd bet odds on this will work out for most.
Good point. I didn't realize that such offers might have the particulars of the offers embedded, as you explained. That would make sense - and so the various links (to the various offers) which FTs have already posted give us a choice of which particular offer we may want to try for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.