[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2011, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, HH Gold, National Executive, Amex Plat
I talked to both Citi and Equifax today requesting that the hard inquiry be removed from my credit report. Citibank told me talk to Equifax... then Equifax told me to talk to Citi.
After several phone calls to Citi regarding rescinding the inquiry, Citi finally told me to write a letter to Citi's credit dispute bureau listing the reference number and why I wanted the inquiry removed.

Here is the address for anyone who wishes to request the inquiry be rescinded:
Credit Bureau Dispute
PO Box 6497
Sioux Falls, SD 57117-6497

I just sent the letter to Citi today, along with a copy of the letter I received from Citi indicating that the offer expired and the credit card is no longer available.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by carwag25
I talked to both Citi and Equifax today requesting that the hard inquiry be removed from my credit report. Citibank told me talk to Equifax... then Equifax told me to talk to Citi.
After several phone calls to Citi regarding rescinding the inquiry, Citi finally told me to write a letter to Citi's credit dispute bureau listing the reference number and why I wanted the inquiry removed.

Credit Bureau Dispute
PO Box 6497

I just sent the letter to Citi today, along with a copy of the letter I received from Citi indicating that the offer expired and the credit card is no longer available.
I'm in the same boat as you, and will certainly be disputing the hard pull. Nice work on the research, it is much appreciated.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 8:27 am

thanks for the info.
i was thinking of calling them too. now looks unnecessary.

Originally Posted by carwag25

Credit Bureau Dispute
PO Box 6497

Old Oct 19, 2011, 9:38 am

Programs: AA, DL, UA, US, RR, HH, SPG, PC
Caution!

For those of you that may have gotten the "buddy-up" offer to open a Citi Select Aadvantage AMEX...

The offer states 20,000 bonus miles after $750 in purchases within 3 months along with 20% bonus on miles for the first 18 months AND no annual fee as long as you maintain your current Citi Aadvantage Visa/MasterCard.

Well...

I applied and was instantly approved. Received the card in less than a week. First statement rolls in and hold on now...$85 annual fee. Huh? I havent even gotten charged for my first annual fee for the MasterCard yet (due November) What gives?

So via tons of exchanges via the secured email and faxing in my offer and acceptance letters, I find that they didnt link the cards properly and I am not eligible for a fee waiver.

This is unacceptable and will be calling today, but just a word of warning.

All other aspects of the offer are working fine, but the annual fee thing is irritating me.

Last edited by haiderodes; Oct 19, 2011 at 9:49 am
Old Oct 19, 2011, 5:43 pm

Programs: american airlines
Business AA 75k promotion canceled 10/12/2011

Confirmed on the phone that Business AA 75k promotion canceled 10/12/2011
Old Oct 19, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Follow up my previous post attached below.

Today I just got approved for citi business 40K/$1K offer after I got denied for AA business 75K/$1.5k due to "the offer was expired" on Oct 3rd.

For those who got denied same as me,you don't need to wait 90days to apply for another citi AA business card.

I applied for 40K/$1K offer instead of 50K/$2.5K($3K) because

Hopefully it may help for those who got denied but still want to get AA miles as much as possible before the dead line.
        I haven't received the card yet, I just called citi today and CSR confirmed it.

Originally Posted by supergrandslam
        I am one of those who got a letter of "program change" from AA business 75K/$1,500 offer.

I got the letter last Monday and re-applied for "another" citi AA Business card on the same day. I knew it was very risky. But I wanted AA miles only for eligible for Million Miler before the Dec 1st dead line, so I decided another try.
        Same as before I got stuck at step.5 with no application ID/contact phone #.
        I called citi and got my new application ID on the next day.

Today I called Citi and was told I need to submit additional docs like "Bank A/C",utility bills etc. I haven't received an email like "unable to verify your business..." yet though.

But based on today's call with Citi, It looks at least I passed the restriction of " one citi business application in 90days". How do you think?

When I called Citi after I applied another business card, I told that another application shouldn't violate the rule of "one application in 90 days" because previous denial was due to "the offer expired". CSR told me that she inputed the memo on my new application.
        Old Oct 19, 2011, 6:33 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
        is this ur first AA biz card?
        Old Oct 19, 2011, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by allanfan
        is this ur first AA biz card?
        Yes
        Old Oct 19, 2011, 7:34 pm

So I applied for two applications in early September: the Citibank Executive Card (approved) and a personal visa (denied as first time cardholder..didn't wait long enough).

Question: Do I have to wait the 60 day time frame for the "Citi only allows 2 applications for ANY Citi card within a 60 day timeframe" rule even if I was denied on one. Or does that not matter? I'm interested in applying for the business mastercard which I"ve never had (currently have business visa since March). Thanks!
        Old Oct 19, 2011, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by sarrisa
        So I applied for two applications in early September: the Citibank Executive Card (approved) and a personal visa (denied as first time cardholder..didn't wait long enough).

Question: Do I have to wait the 60 day time frame for the "Citi only allows 2 applications for ANY Citi card within a 60 day timeframe" rule even if I was denied on one. Or does that not matter? I'm interested in applying for the business mastercard which I"ve never had (currently have business visa since March). Thanks!
        I personally believe you have to wait 60 days because you got denied for "not a 1st time holder".
        I got denied for "the offer was expired" and my application was voided, so Citi should not count it as one application.It was totally different situation from yours.

On the other hand, I am not sure about citi's treatment for AA Exec MC.
        Because of its high annual fee($450), I think it is still unlikely but Citi may exempt an application for Exec MC from "2 application in 60 days". I also got Citi Exec in Aug but it didn't violate any Citi's rule(60day,90day),so I am not sure though.
        Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:22 am

my positive data points on biz card

6/9: applied first ever biz card under 75K/1.5K offer using sole prop, need to fax in address verification to get approval
        8/30: canceled the card
        9/20: applied under 75K/1.5K offer
        early Oct: got the offer expired letter everyone has been getting, was really upset, not because losing 75K, but because losing 75K under MM, as I thought I need to wait 65 days
        10/19: read supergrandslam's post, debating myself
        10/20: applied under 50K/2.5K offer using sole prop, same biz name as last time, called after final step, approved, no need for address verification, 10K CL
        Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:39 am

6/9: applied first ever biz card under 75K/1.5K offer using sole prop, need to fax in address verification to get approval
        early Oct: got the offer expired letter everyone has been getting, was really upset, not because losing 75K, but because losing 75K under MM, as I thought I need to wait 65 days
        10/20: applied under 50K/2.5K offer using sole prop, same biz name as last time, called after final step, approved, no need for address verification, 10K CL
        Do you have a link for 50K/2.5K? Thanks!
        Old Oct 20, 2011, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by JCary
        Do you have a link for 50K/2.5K? Thanks!
        http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-targeted.html
        Old Oct 20, 2011, 1:01 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
        Wow, I thought there were issues with applying as a sole prop...good to know there was no problem verifying address!
        Old Oct 20, 2011, 4:09 pm

Meeting spend with additional user?

Quick question -- my wife and I both applied for the Visa and Amex. I wanted to know if I can be an 'additional user' on my wife's card? If so, will both of our spending count toward her requirement? (I have already met the spend on my cards, so I thought this would help us get to the requirement on her cards.)

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.