Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Old Aug 12, 2010, 1:30 pm

Just applied for the CitiBusiness and was approved instantly (after calling in that is).

In case anyone is interested I've never had a business card, don't own a buisness and have had 4 personal AA cards.... 1 is still active which I'm about to close any day now to avoid the annual fee.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by foureyedscorpion
Just applied for the CitiBusiness and was approved instantly (after calling in that is).

In case anyone is interested I've never had a business card, don't own a buisness and have had 4 personal AA cards.... 1 is still active which I'm about to close any day now to avoid the annual fee.
What number do you call in for the business card (assuming you submitted the app online and got to step 3/5).

Thanks much!

P.S - Datapoint -- I applied for the 75K AMEX couple of days back. Called today to learn I was declined because I have had an AAdvantage card before (currently have AA Visa and MC, never had the AMEX). Then applied for Visa business to try my luck and still stuck in limbo land.

Last edited by learningtime; Aug 12, 2010 at 1:54 pm
Old Aug 12, 2010, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA; USairways; United; British Air
I applied for the 75K mile Visa personal card, it gave me a "we'll get back to you" message, even though I went thru the route of shortcut to my existing AA Bronze MC card info. Is that a bad signal if they don't approve you instantly, or do they sometimes take a while to decide positively too?
Old Aug 12, 2010, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, United Silver, National Exec
I haven't heard yet on my personal card (had an AAdvantage Mastercard until about a year ago), but went ahead and applied for a business card and received instant approval. ^
Old Aug 12, 2010, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by learningtime
What number do you call in for the business card (assuming you submitted the app online and got to step 3/5).

Thanks much!

P.S - Datapoint -- I applied for the 75K AMEX couple of days back. Called today to learn I was declined because I have had an AAdvantage card before (currently have AA Visa and MC, never had the AMEX). Then applied for Visa business to try my luck and still stuck in limbo land.
We have received your application and further processing is required at this time. To get an immediate decision, agents are currently available to assist, so please call us between the hours of 9:00 am to 9:00 pm EST, Monday - Friday, 1-866-606-2961.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
We have received your application and further processing is required at this time. To get an immediate decision, agents are currently available to assist, so please call us between the hours of 9:00 am to 9:00 pm EST, Monday - Friday, 1-866-606-2961.
Should you have an "Application ID" if you want to pursue this route?
Old Aug 12, 2010, 2:35 pm

Possible to change from 75k to 50/50k offer?

I applied a personal Citi AA Visa card through the 75k link (thanks FT!), got approved and received the card. Does anyone have any idea if I can change to the 50/50k offer? Thanks!
Old Aug 12, 2010, 2:45 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by aktchi
They asked for mine but can probably look you up via SSN or something if you don't have it.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by qianqun
I applied a personal Citi AA Visa card through the 75k link (thanks FT!), got approved and received the card. Does anyone have any idea if I can change to the 50/50k offer? Thanks!
You cannot change the offer. Did you use your new card? I was able to change from the 30K offer to 75K offer but I had to reapply and they specifically checked to make sure I didn't use the new card yet.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 3:34 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I've used my new card. Pity that I did not apply for the 100k offer as I thought I could not spend that $10k. But it turned out that I could.

Originally Posted by swat16
You cannot change the offer. Did you use your new card? I was able to change from the 30K offer to 75K offer but I had to reapply and they specifically checked to make sure I didn't use the new card yet.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
If you have a valid EIN and you use that to apply for the Business Card, will your personal credit report still be hit by an INQ?
Old Aug 12, 2010, 4:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I had a personal Citi Visa in 2008 thru July 2009 and I had a Business Visa during 2007. I have never had a Citi AMX- but currently have a Costco and Starwood AMX.
I was wondering which if any of the promos I should apply for and have a chance of being approved for.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 4:11 pm
Suspended

Applied and instantly approved. Good deal.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by aktchi
Yes. You can try and they transfer you thorough the hoops. At the end of the call, you are told it is still pending. Just tried it.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 4:19 pm

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.
Update to the group - need an application ref number to get anywhere.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.