[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2011, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by trich
I finally decided to apply for both Mond both cards in different browsers came back with the error message.

Called today I have one approved. Gave info then asked for date of birth

I tried to check the other I used a different phone number and it doesn't find it or ask for my phone number....

When I speak to a csr I don't know how to ask about the other card because with my social and address it pulls the approved one

Any advice? Should i apply again for the amex the visa was approved today 8/3 any chance I'll be getting an amex if the approval number doesn't find it?
Reports are that if you get the error message, the app is still going through. I'd recommend you don't apply again, and wait a week to see what cards show up. Lots of people report hearing nothing about one of the cards, and they both show up in the mail a week later. A couple people have even reported getting a denial email on a card, and the card still shows up and the promo is valid.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 8:36 am

I finally decided to apply for both Mond both cards in different browsers came back with the error message.
Same here for me last night but the question is at what stage did you get the error message. I just managed to fill in the application page, second step was review the application and that is where I was stuck. I never went to the third stage of application status review. Did that happened to you also?
Old Aug 3, 2011, 8:43 am

Once it was submitted it took about 30-45 sec then the errors popped up

It was the page that said this may take a minute
Old Aug 3, 2011, 8:51 am

They finally ran my credit today (Wednesday) for the app I submitted on Monday when their systems were down. Considering that a credit pull usually happens immediately, it appears their application servers are a little backlogged.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Stoughton
All 3 cards had 100k offers just like the 75k offers you see now. As I recall, the first 50k came after spending $750, the second 50k once you reached $10k (both within the first 6 months) The applications finally stopped working a few months ago and links were removed from post #2
Obviously I'm wrong. Apologies all around. How did I miss out on that one ? I thought I snagged everything >50K the last few years. Applied Sun - still no pull, nothing. wj
Old Aug 3, 2011, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by drbobguy
Hmm, well I guess it just goes to show it's a crap shoot as always. Even with a good credit score, not too many inquiries, etc. you can still be declined for some odd-ball reason while other people get approved.
I thought I would recap my story since it will be of interest to others. I applied for the Citi Business AAvantage 75k/$1500 spend a week ago, was stopped at step 3, and received an email saying I was declined because my business was too new.

I called several times and all the CSR's said there was nothing they could do. Since I had read post 2 I decided to send a hard copy letter to the presidential/executive review department (on good stationery) explaining my case, how I try to keep good credit, I'd accept a small credit limit, etc. No new information, just clearly explaining who I am, what business I do, and why I would like the card.

About a week later I got a call from a nice young lady explaining I could be approved if I could provide a proof of address. I posted on here before I have almost no paper trail for anything (utilities, financial statements are all paperless). At the advice of another poster I just "saved as a pdf" one of my utility bills that is online, and then I used an online fax service to send it to the number the lady provided (I don't own a fax machine).

Today the same lady called back, saying I had been approved.

The people at the executive review dept. are a lot more personable, and the lady I talked to called a few times leaving messages and a number that went directly to her desk.

I definitely recommend sending a snail mail hard letter for reconsideration.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 2:26 pm

I agree with the last poster. After applying for the two consumer cards, I waited for 66 days and applied for the business card. I was denied for too many apps, so I sent a letter to the presidents office. I nice lady replied, told me it would require an additional credit pull and I might not get the bonus. I decided I had nothing to lose, and after providing some documents and a two week process, I was approved today with the bonus.

Writing the letter was the way to go.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 2:42 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Once it was submitted it took about 30-45 sec then the errors popped up

It was the page that said this may take a minute
This happened both times I put in for mine and my wifes apps-- got both cards for me, waiting on hers (did hers a week later). I did send in a second app when I got denied the first time, because I wasn't sure it had gone through. Received an email 2 days later saying it was denied because I was not a first time card user, so obviously the app went through. I would just wait a week at this point and see what you get. Good Luck!
Old Aug 3, 2011, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
13. If you have had an AA card long term (18-24 months to be safe) without churning, reports are you'll get approved.
Any reports of denial for current CitiAA holders who got it 18+ month ago and no approvals since (i think i had one rejection in 2010)?
Old Aug 3, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: I was loyal to One Pass & Star Alliance before FT ... now I value all miles and programs
Hey guys, I just applied for the Citi Visa Business. I already have the Citi AA Amex and Citi Platinum AA Visa and it has been 65+ days since those applications. After my business app was submitted, I was told to call a certain number. After talking to the CSR and waiting on hold for a minute, she said that she wasn't able to complete my application due to other processing that needed to occur. She said a decision would be made within one week.

I was given the number to follow-up (1-800-288-4653).

Should I just wait or take the initiative? Based on some posts I've read, I think I that most people who waited seemed to have gotten approved automatically.

I haven't yet been asked to send in any paperwork, which I think is a good sign. Where in the process does this typically occur?
Old Aug 3, 2011, 3:09 pm

My biz app on Monday returned an error (the "please don't resubmit" error). I called the automated line every day since then and today I was told that I've been approved and should receive my card soon. ^

So if you got that error- don't despair. Try calling the automated line (1-888-201-4523) and see if you can find out what your app status is.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
Any reports of denial for current CitiAA holders who got it 18+ month ago and no approvals since (i think i had one rejection in 2010)?
Yes, up-thread there are numerous reports [of approvals].

To add to the noise, I am at ~20 months since last successful app (kept cards for 10 months), tried and failed to get new personal apps, only success with a business 10 months ago.

Applied Monday (following post #2) - instant step 5 approval, emails arrived this morning.

And for those interested in errors, I received one early in the process (before step 3), so I called to see if an app had gone through. CSR said no, so I reapplied using a different browser.

Last edited by Aitchly; Aug 3, 2011 at 5:06 pm Reason: eta approvals
Old Aug 3, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Yes, folks have gotten denials, but most people who wait 18 months or more are approved. Just keep in mind that length of time is not Citi's only criteria.
So, there are no guarantees, just likelihoods and probabilities.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Aitchly
Yes, up-thread there are numerous reports.

To add to the noise, I am at ~20 months since last successful app (kept cards for 10 months), tried and failed to get new personal apps, only success with a business 10 months ago.
I've followed this thread closely & don't recall seeing many such reports at all. Are you sure? (I did report a recent denial, but in that case I decided to give a whirl after waiting only 14 months.)

Certainly, there have been a number of success stories for people in the 18-24 month range.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by LizzyDragon84
My biz app on Monday returned an error (the "please don't resubmit" error). I called the automated line every day since then and today I was told that I've been approved and should receive my card soon. ^

So if you got that error- don't despair. Try calling the automated line (1-888-201-4523) and see if you can find out what your app status is.
Ugh. I did same, biz app on Monday morning and got the error (don't resubmit). Called Citi back everyday, but they have nothing. Today (after their 24-48 hour window), they still don't have the app in their system.

I'm thinking I'll wait one more day and re-submit if the app does not populate into their system. Just don't want to have two inquiries pulled because of their IT problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.