Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Old Jul 29, 2010, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Chairman's Club
I *just* got approved for the 35k offer on a Mastercard but have not yet received the card. So I called Citi and had a conversation with a supervisor to see if I could have the 75k mile offer applied instead. He was not yet aware of the offer (but did not doubt its existence.) He put me on hold for a moment and returned and said that he did not have the ability to change my offer as 30k miles was the best he had in his "toolkit". He said it was entirely possible that this is a brand new offer and his group has not yet received training material on it (which I could believe...or not.) He did not know if he would ever have an offer like that available in his toolkit.

I asked if I could apply for the card again for the 75k mile offer and if so would I be eligible for the offer - he said yes, all offers are independent of each other. I'm not so sure about that because I believe the terms always say offer is valid only for first-time Citi/AAdvantage cardmembers. So who knows.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 4:41 pm

Programs: United GS, Starwood Platinum
can you remind the forum what people consider a "safe" time to cancel a new card in order to avoid losing the bonus miles received for sign up
Old Jul 29, 2010, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by lehms
can you remind the forum what people consider a "safe" time to cancel a new card in order to avoid losing the bonus miles received for sign up
Depends on the bank. No one has had a problem with Citi - only Chase.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
There's no obvious reason to doubt the OP, but seriously, do any of us even know if this is for real? The OP just posted an offer that his/her colleague received.
Hopefully it's real and will be available for anyone to apply, but for now I'm not holding my breath.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by bjcleaver
I *just* got approved for the 35k offer on a Mastercard but have not yet received the card. So I called Citi and had a conversation with a supervisor to see if I could have the 75k mile offer applied instead. He was not yet aware of the offer (but did not doubt its existence.) He put me on hold for a moment and returned and said that he did not have the ability to change my offer as 30k miles was the best he had in his "toolkit". He said it was entirely possible that this is a brand new offer and his group has not yet received training material on it (which I could believe...or not.) He did not know if he would ever have an offer like that available in his toolkit.

I asked if I could apply for the card again for the 75k mile offer and if so would I be eligible for the offer - he said yes, all offers are independent of each other. I'm not so sure about that because I believe the terms always say offer is valid only for first-time Citi/AAdvantage cardmembers. So who knows.
Which number did u call? The one you get stickered on to the card when it arrives in the mail for activation?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 4:50 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by glu800
There's no obvious reason to doubt the OP, but seriously, do any of us even know if this is for real? The OP just posted an offer that his/her colleague received.
Hopefully it's real and will be available for anyone to apply, but for now I'm not holding my breath.
If you read thru this thread at least one other poster has received this offer as well.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 4:50 pm

Programs: *A Silver
The offer is real.

I got the 75k offer via email and applied online. I didn't get approved instantly but was given a number to call. They asked me to verify my identity then after a few minutes they were able to push me through. I was initially offered a low credit limit but was able to transfer over some of my limit from an existing Citi Forward card.

I should be receiving the card within a week.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 4:51 pm

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Really? even some popular/trusted blog posted another offer for 40K
Old Jul 29, 2010, 4:52 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by foonieflyer
The offer is real.

I got the 75k offer via email and applied online. I didn't get approved instantly but was given a number to call. They asked me to verify my identity then after a few minutes they were able to push me through. I was initially offered a low credit limit but was able to transfer over some of my limit from an existing Citi Forward card.

Can you post the link provided in email then?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 4:52 pm

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Originally Posted by foonieflyer
The offer is real.

Would you be so kind to post the link to this offer? We all want in
Old Jul 29, 2010, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by longleaf
Which number did u call? The one you get stickered on to the card when it arrives in the mail for activation?
I haven't received my card yet, but I did receive an approval letter. I called the number on the approval letter - (888) 766-2484.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 5:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
In typical fashion I applied for the 35k offer (biz version) for my wife and she got approved. She had reached a tipping point with Citi after years of churning her SSN so after a few denied requests I cancelled all her cards and waited three months before applying. First shot, and she got approved, now of course a card comes out with a vastly superior bonus, classic.

I also am on hiatus (for now) given 5 solid years of churning in and out. But if someone could graciously post a link I would not mind giving it a shot, given that it has been almost three months since I have had my fix.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM
The offer is real.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 5:30 pm

Programs: Frontier Ascent, Marriot Silver Elite
I had the 75K offer emailed to me today as well. I have already signed up for 3 Miles Bonus Cards this year, think I am going to sit this one out
Old Jul 29, 2010, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by WashParkRam
I had the 75K offer emailed to me today as well. I have already signed up for 3 Miles Bonus Cards this year, think I am going to sit this one out
then would you mind posting the link? would love to see what it looks like. thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.