Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:31 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by bholaladka
OMG! mine posted today!! Thanks for all the help!! =)

[IMG=http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/5622/photogm.png][/IMG]

NOw, I just have to decide how I should buy my christmas tickets:

1) Use the $200 united voucher towards the $460 United flight and pay $260 cash
or
2) Use 50K miles towards the AA.com flight and fly for FREE!

Anyone care to share their opinion on my options?
I think this is OT, but I would base this decision on if the United voucher has an expiration date and what my flying needs will be before it expires.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:29 am

did anybody have any lucjk getting citi to reconsider a denial application for an old account so not first time. the supervisor told me when i applied that the old account wouldnt be a prob bec it is a dif business even though both were sole props
Old Dec 13, 2010, 11:13 am

Wirelessly posted (Ipod: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; Droid Build/FRG83) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Just got my miles!
Old Dec 13, 2010, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA 1M, Delta Platinum, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum Amb
I received a 50k offer and am going to apply. Reading the fine print, there doesn't seem to be a difference between the two cards being offered. Does anyone know any pros/cons of the two cards? I'm not sure which to select.

• Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature Card
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express Card
Old Dec 13, 2010, 7:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hinese
I received a 50k offer and am going to apply. Reading the fine print, there doesn't seem to be a difference between the two cards being offered. Does anyone know any pros/cons of the two cards? I'm not sure which to select.

Visa is easier to use
Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:01 am

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by hinese

What were the requirements for the card to get the miles?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 8:29 am

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
Data point, I have personal AA Visa, applied on Friday for personal Amex from post two, was rejected via email on Monday per terms of offer for being an existing card holder.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 8:50 am

Programs: UA, CO, AA
got my 75k within few days of statement
and the first 50k from businesscard...other 50k should be here next month.

seems like these AA citicards are faster and easier that most other cards/programs
I have had a hell of a time with other programs esp chase/CO
and the worst of all is dealing with the Chase checking promo....ugh
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by iolairemcfadden
Data point, I have personal AA Visa, applied on Friday for personal Amex from post two, was rejected via email on Monday per terms of offer for being an existing card holder.
I got in on the 40K personal visa promotion, then discovered the 75k offer. Called Citi credit card service to see if they can change my offer to the 75k one. Was told no, but that I can re-apply for the same card under the 75k offer and get the additional 75k miles that way. Was incredulous and asked the customer rep the same question in several different ways, namely, you mean I can apply for the same card again and still get the miles? Was told yes several times.

Applied for the personal visa card with the 75k promotion again. Got a rejection email a couple of days later saying I already have an AAdvantage account

Was going to apply for the amex personal card in hopes of getting the 75k promotion, but it doesn't seem like that'll fly either. Sigh.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 3:00 pm

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by gl331
I got in on the 40K personal visa promotion, then discovered the 75k offer. Called Citi credit card service to see if they can change my offer to the 75k one. Was told no, but that I can re-apply for the same card under the 75k offer and get the additional 75k miles that way. Was incredulous and asked the customer rep the same question in several different ways, namely, you mean I can apply for the same card again and still get the miles? Was told yes several times.

Applied for the personal visa card with the 75k promotion again. Got a rejection email a couple of days later saying I already have an AAdvantage account

Was going to apply for the amex personal card in hopes of getting the 75k promotion, but it doesn't seem like that'll fly either. Sigh.
In this case, flyertalk would've been a better place to ask your questions. You would've gotten a bunch of "probably not gonna get it."

Added to post #2 is the new 100k offer.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Shena
applied for both personals... got the call in #... did not call in

was approved for the amex... haven't heard about the visa app yet... will i ever?

wife applied for both personals... received email that she was denied for the amex "because of existing credit restrictions" ...?

when i was about to help her get her credit reports etc... received email that she is approved for the visa....

so i get the amex and she gets the visa... visions of 300K miles are trimmed down to 150K

thanks anyway FT!

When did you apply?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 5:11 pm

Talking

Sorry if this is mentioned already someplace but is there a bonus mile that people can get on TOP OF THE 75k by spending certain amount? I was hearing something like 50K for $10,000 spending or something. Is that true? :-:
Old Dec 14, 2010, 5:15 pm

Programs: HH D i a m o n d !!!
OMG! mine posted today!! Thanks for all the help!! =)

[IMG=http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/5622/photogm.png][/IMG]

NOw, I just have to decide how I should buy my christmas tickets:

1) Use the $200 united voucher towards the $460 United flight and pay $260 cash
or
2) Use 50K miles towards the AA.com flight and fly for FREE!

Anyone care to share their opinion on my options?
To each his/her own, but I would say 50k award miles for a $460 ticket is poor redemption value. There is no doubt in my mind I would use the $200 voucher and pay $260 out of pocket. Save up the AA miles and redeem them on something that costs more.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 5:36 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Sorry if this is mentioned already someplace but is there a bonus mile that people can get on TOP OF THE 75k by spending certain amount? I was hearing something like 50K for $10,000 spending or something. Is that true? :-:

No. You're picking and choosing pieces of different offers. You get whatever was stipulated in the offer that you signed up under.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by perkunas
To each his/her own, but I would say 50k award miles for a $460 ticket is poor redemption value. There is no doubt in my mind I would use the $200 voucher and pay $260 out of pocket. Save up the AA miles and redeem them on something that costs more.
thank you for the reply! i ended up going with the 50k miles because the united flight got sold out! but i am expecting 75k miles more from amex so if i take a bigger trip, i should be alright!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.