[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:06 pm

Citi American Airlines Card - 75K Miles Bonus - thru Feb 2011

NEW OFFER - WORKING LINK:

CLICK HERE

-Expires February 28, 2011
-75k AA Miles Bonus after spending $4000 in 6 months
-$0 AF for the 1st year ($85 after that for personal Visa or Amex) ($75 after that for biz Visa)

*NOTE* This link DOES WORK & will let you into the application, unlike the link on the other thread. However, this offer DOES NOT have the free companion certificate.

Enjoy!

SuperG03
Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by SuperG03
NEW OFFER - WORKING LINK...Expires February 28, 2011...This link DOES WORK & will let you into the application...Enjoy!
Good job, SuperG03!
Thanks for posting.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:10 pm

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by swat16
I think this should be listed under a new thread!
I can understand why you're ready to close this thread, but it is still for the same offer ...
Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:11 pm

From the previous thread, posted by jcmitchell21 giving some general info:

Generally: (as in most cases, but not a sure thing)
1. you can get approved for both a personal and business offers simultaneously.
2. if you want to apply for 2 personal cards, apply at the same time. but no promises on approval of the second card.
3. approval for 3 cards is rare, but it has happened.
4. applying for a personal and business card simultaneously will still result in 2 credit pulls.
5. you DO NOT need a business to apply for the business card, but this topic is ethics related.
6. if you have applied and did not get instant approval, "call us between the hours of 9:00 am to 9:00 pm EST, Monday - Friday, 1-866-606-2961"
6. your application is not denied until they tell you it is denied, and even then there have been instances of applicants receiving the cards and activating them.
7. if denied, you can contact Citi through mail or phone and ask them to reconsider.
8. some applications have no mention of the offer you are applying for, have faith it is correct. if you lack faith, you can confirm with a CSR after you apply.
9. if you receive a card and card info in the mail, it also will not have any mention of the offer code, have faith or call a CSR.
10. a week to get your card
11. a few days after statement close to get your miles
Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by swat16
I think this should be listed under a new thread!
Good suggestion. I went ahead and posted a new thread with the new link so it will be easier to find. However, if this is not appropriate, I apologize. Thanks.

SuperG03
Old Nov 6, 2010, 12:21 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SuperG03
4. applying for a personal and business card simultaneously will still result in 2 credit pulls.
5. you DO NOT need a business to apply for the business card, but this topic is ethics related.
However, in the past few weeks, many people who applied for the business card have been asked for documentation to prove that it is an existing business.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 6:54 am

Yay! Should I grab this or wait on the 100k offer? Not in any hurry. Opinions?

Thanks!
Old Nov 6, 2010, 7:03 am

Programs: All, but no status!
This depends on whether or not you like to gamble! If it were me, I'd gladly take this offer. OTOH, there's no rush to decide since this expires in Feb.

Originally Posted by Digable
Yay! Should I grab this or wait on the 100k offer? Not in any hurry. Opinions?

Thanks!
Old Nov 6, 2010, 7:06 am

large bonus, new normal?

Wow, 75K offer extended. Is this the new normal? 50K and 75K sign on bonuses for Chase and Citi cards! Has it always been like this on FT? Or is the all new for the old timers as well?
Old Nov 6, 2010, 7:19 am

Programs: All, but no status!
It's new -- hopefully it is "the new normal". In the olden days, the offers were typically 25,000--30,000 bonus, but one could sign up for that just about every 2 months (some folks for 2 each time).

This is a great time to start getting into this game.

Originally Posted by learningtime
Wow, 75K offer extended. Is this the new normal? 50K and 75K sign on bonuses for Chase and Citi cards! Has it always been like this on FT? Or is the all new for the old timers as well?
Old Nov 6, 2010, 8:25 am

According to the other thread everyone thinks the "lookback" is ~9 months. Can somebody better define that for me? Is that from last application or from when the CC was canceled?
Old Nov 6, 2010, 8:42 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by learningtime
Which Chase offer?

Has anyone who's gotten the 75k Citi recently applied for this and gotten it as well?
Old Nov 6, 2010, 11:08 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by DummyO
According to the other thread everyone thinks the "lookback" is ~9 months. Can somebody better define that for me? Is that from last application or from when the CC was canceled?
The 9 months is not correct for everyone. If you read the "jig is up" thread in CandymanJim has not had a card in over a year and was declined. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15009802-post1049.html

So as with anything with Citi YMMV.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 11:10 am

"offer is valid only for first-time Citi® / AAdvantage® cardmembers"
I received Citi AAdvantage Visa with 75K bonus last month. So appears I can not apply for this offer, however, I received a targeted email from AA last week offering me Citi cards with 50K miles bonus but no where in the body of the offer I could find above statement.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 12:15 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by DummyO
Based on what I've heard in this thread, it's very YMMV, but sounds like it's closer to 18 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.