Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Old Sep 12, 2010, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by Mahalo
I applied for this card and got the rejection that this is for "first time" applicants. Are you stating that I would've receive the credit card had I canceled my AA Visa about 15 - 18 months ago as a way around the "first time" applicant? I've had an AA credit card in some form or fashion probably for well over 7 years now.
I used to churn the AA cards a lot, but the last AA card I've had was obtained about a year ago. I only canceled it about 4 or 5 months ago.

I was able to get both the AMEX and the Visa (100k deals) through the links in this thread. Neither application received an instant decision. Also, when I called "to get an instant decision" I was told my application needed to get reviewed (I thought that was why I was calling). About two weeks later I received emails stating that Citi had lowered the credit on one of my other accounts in order to make room for both the AMEX and the Visa. The AMEX had a statement close date that was only a day or two after I received the card (and before I even made a charge on it), but the first batch of bonus miles posted for the Visa.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 9:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
Is it possible for me to get the Visa and Amex for a total of 150k, and my wife to get the Visa and Amex for another 150k but to post all the miles to the same AA number?
Old Sep 12, 2010, 11:46 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by teCh0010
Is it possible for me to get the Visa and Amex for a total of 150k, and my wife to get the Visa and Amex for another 150k but to post all the miles to the same AA number?
No. The miles go to an AA account that matches the Citi CC cards' names.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 6:57 am

Programs: Star Alliance (mileageplus) and AAdvantage
How long has the card taken to arrive in the mail for most people?

I think I applied on the 3rd, and it still hasnt arrived.

(I got the additional processing message when I applied online, and decided not to call as I am currently traveling abroad (didn't want them to think it was fraud, as advised earlier in the thread). My permanent address is in the US, but I am afraid I won't be back before they end the promotion...)
Old Sep 13, 2010, 9:56 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by teCh0010
No but you the miles do not have to be used by the account holder. For example your wife could use her miles to "pay" for a flight for you.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:09 am

I applied for all three 75k offers back at the beginning of August and got approved only for the Amex card (which I now know was not the most intelligent decision). I want to try again before the deal ends, most likely for the 100k offer. How stringent is the 60 day rule, i.e. if I apply 59 days after my original three apps, will that completely reset the clock and thus kill the deal for me? Also, anyone have odds on whether the promotion will last until the end of October? I ask because I'm going to Europe for two weeks in the middle of October, and if I apply before I leave it'll be too soon, and I'm afraid if I apply when I get back it'll be too late.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:21 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mj12g
I applied for all three 75k offers back at the beginning of August and got approved only for the Amex card (which I now know was not the most intelligent decision). I want to try again before the deal ends, most likely for the 100k offer. How stringent is the 60 day rule, i.e. if I apply 59 days after my original three apps, will that completely reset the clock and thus kill the deal for me? Also, anyone have odds on whether the promotion will last until the end of October? I ask because I'm going to Europe for two weeks in the middle of October, and if I apply before I leave it'll be too soon, and I'm afraid if I apply when I get back it'll be too late.
There is no longer a "60 day rule". You need to read the rest of the thread, or even the last 10-12 pages, relative to "new customers".

Also, you might want to read this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...nk-jig-up.html
Old Sep 13, 2010, 2:35 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by mj12g
The 60 day rule is between personal applications so just wait and see...no sense in trying again at day 59 and killing it for yourself. The problem here, however, is that you applied for all 3 and the business card seems to have a 90 day rule. You might just have to WAIT for the next deal to come around!
Old Sep 13, 2010, 3:23 pm

Just wanted to say thanks!

Just a quick "thank you" to all of you experienced travelers who have posted these great tips! I've been oblivious for so many years....

I just got my 75,000 A/A Citi card by using my business' name (I'm a s/h in a small firm, but will use it just for personal expenses & pay it myself). I also used links on here to get the Starwoods AMEX (personal) and a personal Citi A/A card. I've already hit the minimum spending requirement on the Starwoods and Citi card, so now I'll focus on using my new "business" Citi card.

Add in the Chase Continental bonuses (3), and I'm accumulating miles like never before!

Thanks again for all of your helpful tips!
Old Sep 13, 2010, 3:41 pm
In memoriam

I echo the thanks to FTers. ^

You folks are amazing.

I just applied for an AA biz card (after being recently turned down for the pers card 75K offer just because I have had 50 or 100 other Citi AA cards ). Called in and got it!

Based on this thread and my experience, it appears that the key point is to have a new, never before used with Citi, biz name. No problem for me as I have several businesses.

Plat here I come!
Old Sep 13, 2010, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by footypjman
Just a quick "thank you" to all of you experienced travelers who have posted these great tips! I've been oblivious for so many years....

I just got my 75,000 A/A Citi card by using my business' name (I'm a s/h in a small firm, but will use it just for personal expenses & pay it myself). I also used links on here to get the Starwoods AMEX (personal) and a personal Citi A/A card. I've already hit the minimum spending requirement on the Starwoods and Citi card, so now I'll focus on using my new "business" Citi card.

Add in the Chase Continental bonuses (3), and I'm accumulating miles like never before!

Thanks again for all of your helpful tips!
So, to be clear, you used your SS number but used a business name (not your own name)?

Thanks!
Old Sep 13, 2010, 5:32 pm

Programs: United, AAdvantage, SW
Hey everyone. Please excuse my noob question.

I have read through the past 12 or so pages trying to find an answer...

Can someone please give me some guidelines for applying to both personal cards.

From the sounds of it, I should apply to both at the same time. Should I do this on separate computers? In separate browsers?

Thank you for the help everyone.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 5:49 pm

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by Kevo171
Hey everyone. Please excuse my noob question.

I have read through the past 12 or so pages trying to find an answer...

Can someone please give me some guidelines for applying to both personal cards.

From the sounds of it, I should apply to both at the same time. Should I do this on separate computers? In separate browsers?

Thank you for the help everyone.
same time, different browsers to avoid cookie confusion.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 5:52 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
same time, different browsers to avoid cookie confusion.
This or different computers would work too.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 5:58 pm

Programs: All, but no status!
Originally Posted by learningtime
So, to be clear, you used your SS number but used a business name (not your own name)?

Thanks!
I think he's saying he's a shareholder in a small corporation, so I'd assume he applied using the business name and EIN. If it's a corporation, then this is clearly a business.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.