[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2011, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by sftong
A customer rep left me a voicemail recently "reminding" me of the rule of 6 months funding. This is after I pulled out most money after getting the miles.

But s/he did not mention what actions they will take if non-compliant.

Would appreciate anyone posting any engagement with them going forward.

Thanks
Could you be a little more specific on the circumstances? Did you call with a question regarding mileage before, or are you saying completely out of the blue a Fidelity rep called you after seeing moves out of your account, assumed it was miles related, and made that the main point of the VM?
Old Jun 18, 2011, 10:13 pm

woo hoo

Just checked a couple relative accounts and the Delta miles have already posted for the weekend! And for the full amount after AA max was earned last week
Old Jun 19, 2011, 2:41 am

Got my 50k DL and 50k AA. Got to be the easiest 100k miles I've earned. Big thanks to ingy/FTG for the heads-up.

Going to do the same for my Dad now at a new address.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 5:59 am
xp0

Is anyone signing up for both AA and Delta at the same time and getting both the points? Or typically AA first, xfer in money, get the points ... then sign up for delta and get the points the next Sunday?

Thx
Old Jun 19, 2011, 7:03 am

after 4 weeks, finally, the remain 25k AA posted this morning but still none of DL miles are post yet
Old Jun 19, 2011, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by teammjs
Just checked a couple relative accounts and the Delta miles have already posted for the weekend! And for the full amount after AA max was earned last week
so dl posted a week later after AA max posted?

Thanks
Old Jun 19, 2011, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by accounted
so dl posted a week later after AA max posted?

Thanks
yep. AA post, did DL register, DL post next week.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 7:56 am

I registered on May 1st, and May 24 received an email stated that I did not register !!!

I then chatted with them and they say I was registered and miles should be posted within 6weeks.

Just now chatted, they said I was not registered for DL miles.
It was making me mad. I may be too late for DL registration now

Whoever does not received the DL miles yet, assure to ask for an email confirmed registration from Fidelity

also, he says it is one per household
Old Jun 19, 2011, 8:02 am

i just registered again to see what happens.
anyway, will withdraw all my money on Monday
Old Jun 19, 2011, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by accounted
I registered on May 1st, and May 24 received an email stated that I did not register !!!

I then chatted with them and they say I was registered and miles should be posted within 6weeks.

Just now chatted, they said I was not registered for DL miles.
It was making me mad. I may be too late for DL registration now

Whoever does not received the DL miles yet, assure to ask for an email confirmed registration from Fidelity

also, he says it is one per household
1 per household has not been in effect as of yet, despite wording (although if you manually have to have them intervene, maybe they "see" this).

Just out of curiosity, when you registered, did you get the generic (i.e. doesn't mention airline promo at all) e-mail from Fido within 24 hours giving you the option of following a link to open your account? In all cases that e-mail was received, although the 1st time I was nervous it didn't reference the bonus at all. Wondering if failure to receive this e-mail may help trouble-shoot others earlier in the process.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 9:36 am

Programs: AA, BA, delta
Originally Posted by ohnodapopo
Has anyone been able to get the full 50k AA miles with about $15k increments? From what I've read, about a week turnaround so it's possible to recycle 100k in 90 days. I'm wondering if fidelity has some sort of limit as to minimum initial deposit or number of times churning.
Anyone?
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by teammjs
1 per household has not been in effect as of yet, despite wording (although if you manually have to have them intervene, maybe they "see" this).

Just out of curiosity, when you registered, did you get the generic (i.e. doesn't mention airline promo at all) e-mail from Fido within 24 hours giving you the option of following a link to open your account? In all cases that e-mail was received, although the 1st time I was nervous it didn't reference the bonus at all. Wondering if failure to receive this e-mail may help trouble-shoot others earlier in the process.
I registered through outside link of Fidelity.
After registered, on May 1st, I was received an email about Fidelity information within 1 hour.

And on May 24, their email stated I was not sign up for delta miles yet

And chatted on May 24, the rep confirmed I was indeed registered.
Now, June 19th, chatted again and they said no. there was no registration for DL miles from my account
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by ohnodapopo
Anyone?
people had been doing it with $2500 recycles within 90 days time frame, and got all the miles
Old Jun 19, 2011, 12:06 pm

UPDATE: As of April 2012 Fidelity has added new terms indicating promotional offers are limited to one per individual per rolling 12 months. As such, the double and triple dip opportunities described below may no longer be possible. On the up side, the AA and UA offers are now available to existing customers. ^

Note: If you already have a retail Fidelity account* you are eligible for the DL offer. If you don't already have a retail Fidelity account* then you are eligible for the AA offer or UA offer (pick one) plus the DL offer. Just did this for my partner. Both AA and DL posted this weekend. Here is what I did:

- Clicked on the AA offer, filled in the information, and checked the box for info to be sent via email (not mail).
- Waited for the email to open an account, then set up her Fidelity account
(UPDATE: as of 12/2011 apparently the application process has changed and you no longer wait for an email to open an account).
- Noticed I could only deposit 25K until her bank account was verified so waited 1 week for it to be verified / linked by Fidelity.
- Initiated the $100K deposit (mid-week).
- Did NOT wait for the AA miles to post (you might want to wait until the last deposit if you are cycling). Clicked on the DL offer later that day (roughly a week after signing up for the AA offer) and filled in the information.
- Ignored the email to open an account (only necessary for new account holders) (see strike-through note above).
- DL miles posted yesterday (Saturday).
- AA miles posted today (Sunday).
- Plan to withdraw all but a small amount next week when the funds clear which is what I did for my account. So far no "reminder" emails or phone calls for my account regarding the keeping the funding in for 6 months. Fidelity has not enforced this (to confirm 6 months later, no miles were taken back).

Other notes:

It takes 1 week round trip per deposit. It will take longer for the first withdrawal if you don't wait for Fidelity to verify / link your bank account - until they do you can only deposit $25K and can't withdraw. I was originally cycling $15K and got tired of it real quick. I was also concerned about getting my account frozen by Fidelity. I have access to a home equity line of credit so just borrowed $100K for 1 week at 4% ($75) interest. If you have access to liquid funds I'd recommend tapping it and cycling the maximum you can. It's not worth the hassle to cycle small amounts IMO and I'm not sure how you could get to $100K in 90 days cycling $2.5K (would take 40 weeks) but $15K is doable (7 weeks).

Unless an offer states it is also valid for existing accounts you can only get ONE of these new account offers (and ONLY if you don't already have a retail Fidelity account*) plus the DL offer. Also, you can repeat for someone else in your household - just be sure to sign up for an individual account NOT a joint (aka household) account.

*Employer sponsored accounts are NOT considered retail accounts. As such, you should still qualify for a new account offer even if you already have an employer sponsored account at Fidelity.

UPDATE: As of 10/2011 the MR offer is no longer available.

UPDATE: As of 12/2011 there is an Apple offer. Apparently it stacks (do it last after DL). Similar to apple products, you need to invest 2-3x more.

UPDATE: As of 12/2011 it is taking longer for some miles to post, but in most every case they eventually post. Don't be too worried if all your miles don't post right away, just have faith.

UPDATE: There is now also an offer for 100-200 commission free trades.

Last edited by HikerT; Apr 6, 2012 at 4:05 pm
Old Jun 19, 2011, 12:20 pm

Note: I quoted the above post to prevent further quoting. If you have a question, no need to quote the entire post.

Last edited by HikerT; Jun 21, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.