Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2011, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by omars007
Do you have any additional specifics on how many miles he actually received along with the requisite $ or in kind contribution?

Who does one speak to at TD to "negotiate" your own offer?
No I dont, other than the figure of new money he moved to TD is in multiple of millions (double digit). In kind contribution should work also.

FWIW, the friend has an existing Apex account for personal use as well as using TD as one of several firms for professional accounts. TD is not only getting large sum of investable cash, but a future stream of steady commission earning, that is for sure.

I would think if you have similar kind of money as suggested on the offer page for cruise incentives, you can ask to talk to manager(s) of marketing or whatever dept - just explain this to the front line CSR and go from there. There is an 800 number on the cruise incentive page, have you opened the link and read it? That probably should be your starting point.

Last edited by Happy; May 28, 2011 at 10:28 pm
Old May 29, 2011, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by Happy
. It is still very good but he misses the last chance to make AA LT GLD before program changes.
Was it announced?
Old May 29, 2011, 6:57 am

miles i was expecting last night didn't post. anyone else?

it was for wife (same household; i got my points earlier) but i don't think that's been a problem before despite the T&C.

just trying to figure out if Fido's "formula" has changed.
Old May 29, 2011, 8:58 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
Originally Posted by teammjs

it was for wife (same household; i got my points earlier) but i don't think that's been a problem before despite the T&C.

None posted for a family member (different household) that I was expecting. Account is frozen, see earlier post, so not sure if related.
Old May 29, 2011, 10:55 am

mine as well. seems they have changed
Old May 29, 2011, 11:10 am

Programs: MR, SPG, IHG, HH, CC, AA, UA, BA, DL
No miles posted as well. Could this be a delay due to the Memorial Day weekend?
Old May 29, 2011, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by HmmDonuts
No miles posted as well. Could this be a delay due to the Memorial Day weekend?
mine was waiting almost 4 weeks already
Old May 29, 2011, 12:28 pm

Just for the record, a friend got their 2nd batch of points (15k) last week as expected, so maybe this week is a glitch (hopefully).

For the batch that didn't post, this was the only one I was aware of where the funds weren't there heading into the weekend (having debited out Thr), so also trying to see if that might be a "requirement".
Old May 29, 2011, 12:39 pm

Just for the record, a friend got their 2nd batch of points (15k) last week as expected, so maybe this week is a glitch (hopefully).

For the batch that didn't post, this was the only one I was aware of where the funds weren't there heading into the weekend (having debited out Thr), so also trying to see if that might be a "requirement".
my money is still there as of now
Old May 29, 2011, 2:52 pm

I got 15K DL miles this weekend.

Fidelity Bonus Miles Offer
Activity Date : 27 May 2011
Old May 29, 2011, 2:53 pm

Programs: MR, SPG, IHG, HH, CC, AA, UA, BA, DL
So has anyone gotten any AA miles from Fidelity credited this weekend?
Old May 29, 2011, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL Gold, CO, SPG gold, FL Elite
For the record, I got AA and Delta miles without having to recycle $$ or make a second deposit. Initially I wanted to deposit $100k all at once, but because Fidelity doesn't allow an EFT of more than $25k the first time, I had to make two separate deposits. After the first EFT, I realized I could go into a Fidelity branch and make a deposit via check, which actually worked out to my advantage. See below

Initial Deposit was $25k via EFT.

A few days later I deposited a $75k check.

Check did not actually "clear" yet. Still showed that the account was $25k cash and unsettled amount of $75k.

Despite the unsettled $75k, AA miles posted that Saturday (50,000).

As soon as the AA miles posted, I signed up for the Delta promotion.

Check finally cleared the following Thursday or Friday ( I cant remember).

Withdrew $99,5000 via EFT this past Friday.

Yesterday (Saturday) 50,000 Delta miles posted to my DL account.

So now, I have only $500 in the account and received 50k DL and 50k AA. Probably going to withdraw $400 and just keep $100 in the account.

Going to do this with my wife next. Thank you Fidelity !!
Old May 29, 2011, 6:14 pm

Hmm, maybe this is a glitch on AA's end.

The other question is for anyone who got DL this weekend, how long ago did you put in the money that triggered the bonus? If it's recent, than maybe Fido hasn't changed anything, since presumably they would have done changes to both programs, and some folks are reporting DL miles this weekend.
Old May 29, 2011, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond,
Same. No AA posting. 100k moved into account last week and cleared this past Monday.

Hopefully the long weekend issue, but the above posting about DL credit does bring concern.
Old May 29, 2011, 7:39 pm

So do you meet the requirement depending on when your money actually clears in their system or when you actually initiate the transfer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.