Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Old Nov 19, 2010, 3:46 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by sent
Pardon my ignorance, but is a Rollover IRA a non-retirement account? I don't know if I can come up with the remainder of the money to hit $25K for the mileage bonus until after I do my taxes for the year.
No I think a rollover IRA or indeed any IRA is considered a retirement account.

IRA stands for Individual Retirement Account (or Irish Republican Army, depending on your upbringing!!!!)
Old Nov 19, 2010, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ma91pmh

IRA stands for Individual Retirement Account (or Irish Republican Army, depending on your upbringing!!!!)
Nor can you just add cash at-will to an IRA. There are some pretty strict rules and limits involved there.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 5:33 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by ma91pmh

That's what I thought, but I didn't want to start arguing with the Fidelity guy on the phone. I figured I'd just come on FT and get the scoop here instead and indeed there are several threads dedicated to this topic!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 5:36 pm

have got the ua miles, so it is not possible to get the delta or aa miles again?
Old Nov 19, 2010, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA, AA peon
Originally Posted by apollo_liumin
have got the ua miles, so it is not possible to get the delta or aa miles again?
I got the Delta mailer after originally signing up for my Fidelity account to get UA miles. Nothing in the T&C's says the offer depends on (non-)participation in any prior promotion. So I'm going to give it a try.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 7:51 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Promotional Offer Rules:

"Only prospective customers who currently do not have a Fidelity retail account are eligible. This promotional offer is limited to one per household and per lifetime of the individual(s) named on the Fidelity account."

Language is the same for the United, American and Delta offers.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onthego15
Promotional Offer Rules:

"Only prospective customers who currently do not have a Fidelity retail account are eligible. This promotional offer is limited to one per household and per lifetime of the individual(s) named on the Fidelity account."

I am really sick of Fidelity; I've had my account there since before they started this kind of offers, and they refuse to give any miles to pre-existing customers. It's really for lack of time that I haven't researched to move my account.

Last edited by ChaseTheMiles; Nov 21, 2010 at 8:51 am
Old Nov 20, 2010, 6:55 am

Programs: A few
Promotional Offer Rules:

Agree the language is the same, but fact is they are three different offers. We'll see how they apply in practice, but am pretty sure a court of law would allow all three
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:04 am

Programs: UA, AA peon
Promotional Offer Rules:

The Delta mailer I got contains a poorly-worded exception for "new customers who add new money to an existing eligible account" and says "this promotional offer is limited to one per household during the offer period."

Anyway, the SkyMiles posted yesterday for the $50K I transferred to my existing account (opened for UA bonus miles last year).
Old Nov 21, 2010, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by lunettes noires
The Delta mailer I got contains a poorly-worded exception for "new customers who add new money to an existing eligible account" and says "this promotional offer is limited to one per household during the offer period."

Anyway, the SkyMiles posted yesterday for the $50K I transferred to my existing account (opened for UA bonus miles last year).
So you got both delta and ua miles??^
Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:05 am

Programs: CO, DL, AA, Amex MR
Starwood still not offered for existing

Promotional Offer Rules:

I called Fidelity this morning to inquire about bonus for additional money (more than 50K) for a 3-month-old individual account. I asked about airlines and Starwood, and they offered nothing. Their only promotion for such money was some free trades
Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:30 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
According to the Fidelity rep, you have to be a new customer to earn UA or AA miles. For Delta miles, you can be an existing customer as long as you add new money. Here is the fine print for Delta:
Prospective customers who currently do not have a Fidelity retail account, and existing customers who add new money to a non retirement brokerage account, are eligible.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Cetacea
According to the Fidelity rep, you have to be a new customer to earn UA or AA miles. For Delta miles, you can be an existing customer as long as you add new money. Here is the fine print for Delta:
So nobody got both the UA and AA miles?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:38 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by apollo_liumin
So nobody got both the UA and AA miles?
Probably not. It's my understanding that you can get UA + Delta miles, or AA + Delta miles, but NOT UA + AA miles.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:54 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Thanks Cetacea for the clarification that Delta offer is also for existing customers. I didn't realize that before (I already have received AA miles).

I also noticed that the offer of 25,000 Membership rewards points for $50,000 deposit was extended to 9/30/2011:

Open and fund a non-retirement Fidelity brokerage account today and you can earn up to 25,000 Membership Rewards points. Offer valid for new customers only.

https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...shtml?MSC=AX01

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.