Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Topguest additional points for checkins [Update Jan 2014 - program has ended]

Topguest additional points for checkins [Update Jan 2014 - program has ended]

Old Dec 5, 2010, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Mintman10
If Hilton points post in increments of 50 then I may be wasting my time, however, Priority Club points could pay off in say about 100 days of checking in
Even if you generously value PC points at 1 cent per point (CPP), that's 50 cents per check-in. If it takes you three minutes of effort to get that 50 cents, you are making 20 x $.50 = $10/hour. Probably not worth the hassle for most people.

On the other hand, if you can figure out a way to do, say three check-ins (Choice + Hilton + IHG, for example) in one minute per day and you value them at 1 CPP on average, that would be 60 x $1.50 = $90/hour. Probably worth the effort for most people. Someone who is adept at using FourSquare to check-in and doesn't need to go out of their way to qualify their check-ins could easily pull off each check-in just seconds.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 7:08 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Priority Club points posted to my account today (December 6, 2010) via TopGuest.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 7:46 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
I know you can't check into multiple PC properties (for example) in a day, but what about multiple brands? Has anyone confirmed they can check in at a PC property and then a doubletree or something?
Old Dec 6, 2010, 7:49 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bworrell
I know you can't check into multiple PC properties (for example) in a day, but what about multiple brands? Has anyone confirmed they can check in at a PC property and then a doubletree or something?
Yes, I am checking into both a PC and Doubletree property each day and have received credit to both my Priority Club and HHonors accounts.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by bworrell
Yes. I confirmed this a few posts earlier. I haven't had Hilton post for some reason, but apparently the previous poster has. I don't see anything in the system that would prohibit, for example, five check-ins per day, each at a different property.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 8:33 am

Programs: PC Platinum, DL Gold, CO Gold, HH Gold, Starwood Gold
PC and Wyndam Points posted today. Nothing for Choice yet. I pass a Comfort Suites taking the kids to school each morning, and there is a Hilton and Wyndam at the interstate exit on the drive home from the office each day. It takes almost no effort to have 3 check-ins each day.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 11:45 am

Does anyone know when the last day of PC points posted in this batch was? I seem to be short 250 points which would make sense if this batch of points was only for October 13-November 30.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Westsox
PC and Wyndam Points posted today. Nothing for Choice yet. I pass a Comfort Suites taking the kids to school each morning, and there is a Hilton and Wyndam at the interstate exit on the drive home from the office each day. It takes almost no effort to have 3 check-ins each day.
Do you mean DoubleTree? That's the only Hilton brand participating so far.

Originally Posted by mooper
Even if you generously value PC points at 1 cent per point (CPP), that's 50 cents per check-in. If it takes you three minutes of effort to get that 50 cents, you are making 20 x $.50 = $10/hour. Probably not worth the hassle for most people.
For many it isn't really worth it. I find value in it b/c I live downtown, and am constantly walking around past several TopGuest hotels. The only time I ever really spend is in the winter when slowing down a touch to take off a glove to work my phone. Beyond that, it takes no more than an additional five seconds over not doing it and just walking by. I've gotten to the point where I'm in a conversation with someone walking past a hotel and can check in without breaking the conversation.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 1:34 pm

My PC account was deleted and then reinstated, hope this does not affect my topguest points accrual
Old Dec 7, 2010, 9:04 am

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL SPG Platinum, IHG Platinum
Thanks mooper. Just clicking on the Facebook link (without changing anything) brought up the settings page. All is well.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 9:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Got first 50 HH points yesterday and they are already posted to HH account! That was fast.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
Originally Posted by bosbdl
Does anyone know when the last day of PC points posted in this batch was? I seem to be short 250 points which would make sense if this batch of points was only for October 13-November 30.
Not sure this answers your question because it is just one data point:
last post of PC points to my account was dated 12/6/2010.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LH silver --> nothing, LY gold --> nothing
Wink Remember that 4SQ has a mobile site and an API

Those could make your life (well, at least the check-in part of your life) way easier and less time consuming.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by ranshe
Those could make your life (well, at least the check-in part of your life) way easier and less time consuming.
So true. I don't have to leave the office anymore to check in.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by foxberg
So true. I don't have to leave the office anymore to check in.
Fox, how do you do that? I tried to check into Double Tree using the Mozilla app as well as http://foursquare.com/mobile/

Both yielded nothing...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.