Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Topguest additional points for checkins [Update Jan 2014 - program has ended]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2010, 6:20 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cutnana
We received 350 points in each of our accounts and it just does not make any sense how they arrived at this number.
You can log into your Topguest account and click the orange "See My Rewards" button on the left. This will show your check-in history and a tally of your earned points.

If you're not receiving proper credit, email [email protected]

They have been very good at responding to queries.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by AndreaRH
You can log into your Topguest account and click the orange "See My Rewards" button on the left. This will show your check-in history and a tally of your earned points.

If you're not receiving proper credit, email [email protected]

They have been very good at responding to queries.
This is were I looked and it cuts off older check-ins (in my case older than Aug. 30). The total is much larger than the breakdown.

I guess I will settle for whatever they post to my account...
Old Sep 21, 2010, 3:31 am

Programs: WN CP, SPG Gold, National Exec
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Only 100 points were posted to my PC account, although I currently have a lot more showing up in my Topguest account. There must have been a cutoff date for the actual points posting.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 4:39 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
IPAD?

I do not use a smart phone. I do use an Ipad. There is a HI 1mile from my home. Can I download the foursquare app to my iPad and do this?
Old Sep 21, 2010, 8:39 am

Programs: WN CP, SPG Gold, National Exec
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Originally Posted by beachmiles
I do not use a smart phone. I do use an Ipad. There is a HI 1mile from my home. Can I download the foursquare app to my iPad and do this?
If I'm not mistaken, I believe only the iPad 3G has a gps, so if you have the wifi only version, it might not find your location accurately.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 12:11 pm

Programs: VS Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold, SPG, IHC: Plat Ambasador
Originally Posted by beachmiles
Yes. You should also be able to use foursquare.com.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 12:14 pm
RETIRED ACCOUNT

Programs: *A
I'm going on at least 8 weeks and still not getting any points posting to PC... seems odd that some people get credit in a few weeks and others no credit at all.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by benFlys
I'm going on at least 8 weeks and still not getting any points posting to PC... seems odd that some people get credit in a few weeks and others no credit at all.
FYI... My first PC deposit occurred 6.5 weeks after I started checking in. I got two separate deposits on the same day. According to an email I received from Topguest, deposits should happen on a monthly basis from now on.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by Aitchly
only one (check in) per day counts.
Is it per calendar day or 24 hour period? Just started yesterday, so does this mean if I checked in at the Crowne Plaza yesterday evening, can I check in again at any point today or do I have to wait until tonight?

And to confirm, it's one check in per day for IHG, or one per property?
Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by lowfareair
Is it per calendar day or 24 hour period? Just started yesterday, so does this mean if I checked in at the Crowne Plaza yesterday evening, can I check in again at any point today or do I have to wait until tonight?

And to confirm, it's one check in per day for IHG, or one per property?
Only one check-in per day for any IHG property will count. If you check in at multiple properties in one day, you'll only get credit for one.

I don't know about the calendar day or 24-hour period since I always check in on the way to work and pass the hotel at approximately the same time every day.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA
How does Topguest know my PriorityClub account? Do I just save my text number to the textbox? I checked in via the FourSquare mobile site by just searching for a nearby Holiday Inn. If I actually start getting points, I'm going to create a program to automatically do it every day. Wonder how long I can get away with it?
Old Sep 24, 2010, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
So far I received 250 PCR points in two accounts. I wonder how often are they going to post rewards. I average 250 a week in both family accounts. Not a bad thing for 5 min work a day. By the way, you can add TG on the Award Wallet now, but not if you signed up using Twitter or Facebook.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by txrandom
How does Topguest know my PriorityClub account? Do I just save my text number to the textbox?
Did you register for an account at Topguest.com? If so, you would have saved your Priority Club number in the "Settings" tab and linked your FourSquare account to Topguest.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by AndreaRH
Did you register for an account at Topguest.com? If so, you would have saved your Priority Club number in the "Settings" tab and linked your FourSquare account to Topguest.
I had an account previously. The settings page doesn't give you much feedback or information on linking them.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by txrandom
I had an account previously. The settings page doesn't give you much feedback or information on linking them.
As long as the toggle button next to "FourSquare" on the "Settings" page is set to "On", you should be fine.

You can double-check that your check-ins are being reported by clicking on the "Rewards" tab at Topguest. It will show you a list of your check ins broken down by hotel property, date, and method of checking in.

I think as long as you see your check ins there, they will eventually get credited to your PC account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.