Topguest additional points for checkins [Update Jan 2014 - program has ended]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Topguest additional points for checkins [Update Jan 2014 - program has ended]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2011, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I wonder if any other Hilton HHonors properties will be allowed for TopGuest checkin. Right now, it is just Doubletree, which doesnt have as much of a presence as some of the other brands in the portfolio.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 1:34 pm

Programs: aa
Hilton points are posting within one day for me. According to the info in the thread PC points are posted in batches. What about Choice points? Are they posted daily or in batches?
Old Jan 15, 2011, 3:29 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
I'm currently in NYC. Yesterday, I randomly got an alert "you have just received 50 Choice Privileges points for checking in at a Quality Inn"

I'm not staying at a Quality Inn... I'm at the new Element by Westin at 39th & 8th. However, there is a Comfort Suites two doors away, about 75ft.

Does TG automatically "check-in" by proximity? I thought that one had to actually check-in (register) at the hotel?!

I have no idea how this works.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by sun_aa
Hilton points are posting within one day for me. According to the info in the thread PC points are posted in batches. What about Choice points? Are they posted daily or in batches?
Choice points have been posting in batches for me.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I wonder if any other Hilton HHonors properties will be allowed for TopGuest checkin. Right now, it is just Doubletree, which doesnt have as much of a presence as some of the other brands in the portfolio.
I'm having problems with Doubletrees. Sometimes, several show in FourSquare, which probably means users added them, and I don't often know which to choose to get credit. I assume there's only one 'official' location check-in per hotel, and I'm choosing the wrong one.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 8:53 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by josephstern
I'm having problems with Doubletrees. Sometimes, several show in FourSquare, which probably means users added them, and I don't often know which to choose to get credit. I assume there's only one 'official' location check-in per hotel, and I'm choosing the wrong one.
Happens sometimes. Try the one you think is best, wait a day. If it doesn't post, try again with tour next best choice. Repeat until it posts, then you know the correct one to use.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 10:11 am

I don't know what's going on with the program but it seems like priority points hasn't been posting in my account lately =/
Old Jan 16, 2011, 10:54 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
The first time I check-in at a location, I'll run a search for "Doubletree" then look at the stats for each result. Usually one has significantly more check-ins. Also only one or two will have a mayor, which tends to indicate you've got the right one.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 12:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
Nearly a month, I never get my point into real account yet. I meant for Doubletree.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 12:17 pm

You can check if you chose the right one by checking your account on topguest. They seem to update at the :15 and :45 minute mark of each hour.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 7:25 pm

Programs: aa
I believe another hint is that the official location also has an icon that looks like a bed.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 1:58 pm

I haven't ever gotten points into my Wyndham account, but the PC, Hilton and Choice points have been posting. With that said, I also got banned lol.....it seems it was a form letter as it wasn't sent directly just to me :

Hi,

We noticed you're a big user of Topguest (great) but that you seem to be using the service in ways that violate our Terms of Service (less great).

Specifically, we have noticed over time that you seem to be checking in to our partner venues in a way that is not in the spirit of the Topguest program and in breach of Section (1) (c) of our TOS.

We are hereby suspending your account and will not be forwarding instances of you receiving points to our partners. You may continue to check-in and will see your rewards on Topguest.com or in the mobile applications but you will not be awarded points for these check-ins.

We look forward to you using Topguest in the manner we intended and will resume crediting points to your account when we see a change in behavior.

Regards,

Topguest.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by wesmanz
I haven't ever gotten points into my Wyndham account, but the PC, Hilton and Choice points have been posting. With that said, I also got banned lol.....it seems it was a form letter as it wasn't sent directly just to me :

Hi,

We noticed you're a big user of Topguest (great) but that you seem to be using the service in ways that violate our Terms of Service (less great).

Specifically, we have noticed over time that you seem to be checking in to our partner venues in a way that is not in the spirit of the Topguest program and in breach of Section (1) (c) of our TOS.

We are hereby suspending your account and will not be forwarding instances of you receiving points to our partners. You may continue to check-in and will see your rewards on Topguest.com or in the mobile applications but you will not be awarded points for these check-ins.

We look forward to you using Topguest in the manner we intended and will resume crediting points to your account when we see a change in behavior.

Regards,

Topguest.
Mine is banned too but my wife's account is holding up so far.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 3:50 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by wesmanz

Hi,

Regards,

Topguest.
I've not had one of these yet but Im sure it's on the way, and I'm interested by the wording.

The first section I bolded seems so final in the way it's written (as in, that's it - game over). The second statement though seems to say they'll carry on transferring points to the hotel programs at some point in the future if you play nicely.

Does anyone else agree with my thought process on this and, if so, I wonder what 'playing nicely' looks like specifically.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by User Name
I've not had one of these yet but Im sure it's on the way, and I'm interested by the wording.

The first section I bolded seems so final in the way it's written (as in, that's it - game over). The second statement though seems to say they'll carry on transferring points to the hotel programs at some point in the future if you play nicely.

Does anyone else agree with my thought process on this and, if so, I wonder what 'playing nicely' looks like specifically.
Yes , I agree with you. I will continue to use the program and tone it down a bit to the 4 properties that are within a 1/4 mile of my work and see if that helps. It's free points for little/no effort so I'll try to play nice with them.

I won't be wasting the effort to include the Wingate Inn any longer tho, as it seems they aren't posting those points at all.

--wes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.