Topguest additional points for checkins [Update Jan 2014 - program has ended]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Topguest additional points for checkins [Update Jan 2014 - program has ended]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:45 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA
I got the warning e-mail Friday night but I haven't been checking into any Topguest partners! (I've stopped traveling for work, and I completely forgot I was signed up for Topguest.)

In fact, I appear to only have three check-ins that earned points through Topguest, and they're from 2010 and 2011. That seems like a really low threshold to call someone a cheater.

Correction: Maybe seven check-ins. Found 200 points in my Choice Privileges for September & October 2011. (They weren't listed in my Topguest account because CP isn't a TG program anymore.)

Last edited by Science Drone; Sep 28, 2012 at 11:32 pm
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:53 pm

steady as she goes for me....hiccup last weekend result in 100 miles being added tuesday to catch up. so far so good...
Old Sep 29, 2012, 4:18 am

No warning emails for me, however checkins r not earning points and I still can get into my TG account. Will back off for a while.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 9:03 am

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
So every single one of my gmail aliases (for both me and the mrs.) got the email from Celeste. Even the ones that don't earn points anymore (BW, Wyndham). Not sure how they ran the report, but it appears it was a mass purge (or pre-purge). No accounts shut down so far. I wonder if I should pull back, or keep it full steam ahead.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
No points or email for days. I guess I should just put this habit to rest for a while.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, etc
TopGuest suspension

I received notice of inappropriate account activity yesterday from Celeste Williams. I responded in protest and have just been suspended from Topguest. I wonder if an appeal will get me anywhere. I have to send my Hilton Honors account # in appeal letter so was wondering how legitimate this all is. Bummer
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:22 am

They are so dumb. Shut me down a month ago, and I got Celeste's email in my two accounts saying to stop "or else."

I took my 40k points from them and now they're cry-babying? The end is near for TG. I'm really interested to see what is in TP 33974.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by referencelib
I received notice of inappropriate account activity yesterday from Celeste Williams. I responded in protest and have just been suspended from Topguest. I wonder if an appeal will get me anywhere. I have to send my Hilton Honors account # in appeal letter so was wondering how legitimate this all is. Bummer
From my experience and others, appeals rarely make a difference.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Stubtify
They are so dumb. Shut me down a month ago, and I got Celeste's email in my two accounts saying to stop "or else."

I took my 40k points from them and now they're cry-babying? The end is near for TG. I'm really interested to see what is in TP 33974.
Similarly, based on my experience, when you receive an email from TG, do not appeal, do not even try to reply to the email. Simply stop check-in for a few days and you'll be fine. From what I read, writing back will just cause account suspension.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA MM, Alaska Airlines MVP
My husband and kiddo both got the "warning" email but actually had their accounts suspended ::
Old Sep 29, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: DL, Amex MR
That's funny. It looks like they are sending to emails to everyone regardless of activity and account suspension
Old Sep 29, 2012, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by hulagrrl210
My husband and kiddo both got the "warning" email but actually had their accounts suspended ::
Did they stop check-in after they receive the email? Did they reply to the email?
Old Sep 29, 2012, 9:40 pm

Seems to me, they are running out of cash and are desperately trying to save a sinking sink!
Old Sep 30, 2012, 3:14 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
I've said it before and I'll say it again: The only cost-effective way to participate is a well-written script. You won't get suspended, nor will you spend more time than it's worth. Their business model doesn't work, so get what you can before they're gone.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 3:44 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by Majikow
So every single one of my gmail aliases (for both me and the mrs.) got the email from Celeste. Even the ones that don't earn points anymore (BW, Wyndham). Not sure how they ran the report, but it appears it was a mass purge (or pre-purge). No accounts shut down so far. I wonder if I should pull back, or keep it full steam ahead.
I'd advise to full steam ahead. Examples show that there is no pattern, every account will be shut down earlier or later

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.