Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Topguest additional points for checkins [Update Jan 2014 - program has ended]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DCBob
UA miles normally don't post until the FOLLOWING day. If you had them post the same day, you were just lucky.
Every other time I've checked in, I've immediately received an email stating I'd get 50 miles, which always posted the next day.

Got e-mail Friday, miles posted Saturday.
No e-mail Saturday, no miles Sunday.

My post was simply a data point for people saying that UA wasn't posting ... for me, there was a difference in the two days.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 4:52 pm

Similar

I'm in a similar situation. I received miles for a Friday UA check in, but nothing for check-ins on Saturday or today (Sunday).
Old Jun 17, 2012, 4:56 pm

Are Kimpton hotels still a partner?
Old Jun 17, 2012, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold
Every other time I've checked in, I've immediately received an email stating I'd get 50 miles, which always posted the next day.

Got e-mail Friday, miles posted Saturday.
No e-mail Saturday, no miles Sunday.

My post was simply a data point for people saying that UA wasn't posting ... for me, there was a difference in the two days.
same here.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 9:05 pm

Programs: many
Email yesterday, miles today. Sunday's and follow up are typically delayed.

Love the impatience over 50 miles though.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pcharles
Love the impatience over 50 miles though.
It's really more the fact that programs can change their terms without letting participants know in advance. If its smooth sailing for a while and then a cog enters the gears in the program, it makes us wonder if it's a temporary glitch or a permanent change. 50 miles may not be much, but extrapolate it over the course of many months and we're talking thousands of miles.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold
It's really more the fact that programs can change their terms without letting participants know in advance. If its smooth sailing for a while and then a cog enters the gears in the program, it makes us wonder if it's a temporary glitch or a permanent change. 50 miles may not be much, but extrapolate it over the course of many months and we're talking thousands of miles.
Almost replied with "duh" but held back. Instead just think these people with very little time in this promo stop freakin out with a post every other day. I'm scoring 250 per day so I realize mathematics far better than you comprehend.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:30 am

united/mileageplus signup page is not there anymore, maybe they discontinued it? -- hopefully I'm wrong.

Haven't received any united check-in points since last Friday...
Old Jun 18, 2012, 4:59 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
Originally Posted by summerdayshopping
united/mileageplus signup page is not there anymore, maybe they discontinued it? -- hopefully I'm wrong.

Haven't received any united check-in points since last Friday...
Thank you! I can't find it either! Somebody help...
Old Jun 18, 2012, 8:11 pm

Was checking in daily for a month with an automatic email received immediately after check in. No email confirmation or points since Friday for airport check-ins. I think this program is no longer....so so so SO sad!!

I was registered for united topguest....I also tried going to topguest.com to log in and not only is United no longer on their page but my entire log in account is no longer....it says username/email cannot be find....I was able to re-register but only for hotel points now which don't post/work as well.....such a bummer!
Old Jun 19, 2012, 1:52 pm

PC/Holiday Inn Express still works for me almost instantly - both the email and the points. UA is dead since last Friday, as others have reported.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 6:30 pm

UA is on pause

TG is in negotiations with UA and the sign up is removed (and don't expect new mileage postings) until negotiations are successful. Nothing planned now to happen until a contract is reworked and hopefully it does.
Until then, everyone relax and go about your other business. Will update when I know more.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Hilton, Choice, Wyndham
TG is in negotiations with UA and the sign up is removed (and don't expect new mileage postings) until negotiations are successful. Nothing planned now to happen until a contract is reworked and hopefully it does.
Until then, everyone relax and go about your other business. Will update when I know more.
Thanks! Good information to know
Old Jun 19, 2012, 9:31 pm

Thanks for the update....
Old Jun 20, 2012, 7:11 am

Yup, This is what they emailed me:

Sorry for the inconveniences you are having. We are currently in negotiations with United Miles to extend the program. Currently the promotion has been expired. We have since taken down the sign up website. We will keep you updated on the negotiations.
Thanks and happy travels,
Tim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.