Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Miles for Something Completely Different!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles for Something Completely Different!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
what was the airline that gives you miles for donating blood?
I would be voluntarily laid up in a hospital bed for months just to reach platinum status lol
If it's a choice of dying or giving me MM's blood, please, oh please, just let me die.
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Arik Air Nigeria Launches its Frequent Flyer Programme

I quote:

"As well as earning and redeeming on flights, the scheme also allows customers to redeem miles for excess baggage vouchers. Arik currently offers one of the largest allowances in the industry (2 x 30kgs on long-haul flights) and Arik WingsPlus will afford even more opportunity to add another 30kgs to the allowance."
True story: Apparently, I have a long-lost uncle in Nigeria who as an account with eight million frequent flyer miles in it. I just need to send them a small check to show that I am serious.

Yes, you can actually ride a nasty, spitting camel for 500 Emirates Skywards miles, but no extra points are awarded if it bites you.
On the other hand, you do get one mile for every mile the camel travels.

Mike
Old Jun 28, 2011, 1:48 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : BlackBerry8330/5.0.0.438 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/389)

Originally Posted by mikeef
Yes, you can actually ride a nasty, spitting camel for 500 Emirates Skywards miles, but no extra points are awarded if it bites you.

On the other hand, you do get one mile for every mile the camel travels.

Mike
Are those butt in hump miles (bim) or butt in saddle (bis) miles? Either way, it sounds like 1st class pain in the a*s.

Last edited by Mrp Alert; Jun 28, 2011 at 1:50 pm
Old Jun 28, 2011, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Re: Delta's promo for Funeral Directors...

Wonder if the new guys at Spirit are mad they got scooped on this? I hear they're buried with work anyway.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : BlackBerry8330/5.0.0.438 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/389)

Are those butt in hump miles (bim) or butt in saddle (bis) miles? Either way, it sounds like 1st class pain in the a*s.

Still waiting to get confirmed on that FB friend request, btw.

We'll be back in LAS in Dec. Start the Do plans now.

Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
Wonder if the new guys at Spirit are mad they got scooped on this? I hear they're buried with work anyway.
Don't give them any ideas. It would be awfully easy to offer "coffin class" for pax and just stack them.

Mike
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:54 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Redeem Bangkok Air Points for these at Bangkok Hospital...

"Wellbeing Award -
Points required for award

Skin & Beauty Packages

- Facial Microdermabrasion 5 times valued at THB 7,500
250 points
- Facial Ionto 5 times valued at THB 6,000
250 points
- Gentle Yag Rejuvenation for Radiant Face 1 time valued at THB 7,000
250 points
- Medlite C-6 Pain for Radiant face 1 time valued at THB 7,000
250 points
"
Old Jul 16, 2011, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Several dozen
Cuba is now 1,000 miles closer

Dear Flying Comrades:

We are glad to inform you that since March 27, 2011 you will get 1,000 welcome miles on your account for the registration in Aeroflot Bonus programme on www.aeroflot.ru.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Bottoms Up!

To all my fellow coiners --

I know we all mourn the death of the mint deal, but remember when one door closes, another opens.

For a limited time, earn triple Hawaiian Airlines miles from the Koloa Rum Company!

Now through August 25, 2011, earn 3 miles for every dollar you spend at the Koloa Rum Company or through the Koloa Rum Company’s e-store, earn triple miles whether you purchase their award-winning rum at the Company Store or their rum-inspired products through their e-store.

Lets all drown our sorrows for miles!
Old Aug 4, 2011, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Eating Sushi for Miles

Baltic Air has just informed me that you will now get 5 Baltic Air miles for each Euro spent eating Sushi at Sushi Rong in Tallinn.

Don't miss this opportunity to try authentic Estonian sushi!

So grab yourself a Vodka and a California Roll and rack up those frequent flyer miles.

Kampai, y'all.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

This Deal Will Blow You Away!

Baltic Air has just informed me that you will earn 5 points for every Latvian Lat spent in the Aerodium located 47 kilometres east of Riga just off the A2 highway, near Sigulda.

Just when you think you have done every conceivable activity to get miles and points someone comes along and offers you an opportunity to rack up more by getting blown away by a giant fan. What next - points for flying as a human cannon ball?
Old Sep 16, 2011, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Just When You Thought You Knew All the Angles...

Just when you thought you had figured every angle to get points and miles from a credit card...

DENVER (AP) — Two men are accused of driving around town with a dead friend in the car, running up a bar tab on his account and eventually using his ATM card to withdraw $400 at a strip club.

Police say the two men used Jarrett's card to pay for the drinks on Aug. 27, noting "they did not have Jarrett's consent."

Rubinson and Young then drove to another restaurant to hang out, Jarrett's body slumped in the back along for the ride, police say.

They then returned to Jarrett's home, carried him in and put him in bed, according to court papers.

From there, police say, Rubinson and Young went to get gas and made a stop at a burrito joint, again using Jarrett's card. The two men then went to a strip club, where authorities say they used Jarrett's card to take out $400 from an ATM and flagged down a police officer to tell him they thought their friend was dead. Police went to Jarrett's home and found the body.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 10:42 pm

Programs: HHonors, SPG, ClubCarlson, AAdvantage, BA Avios, US Dividend Miles, UA MileagePlus, Delta SkyPesos
Just when you thought you had figured every angle to get points and miles from a credit card...

DENVER (AP) — Two men are accused of driving around town with a dead friend in the car, running up a bar tab on his account and eventually using his ATM card to withdraw $400 at a strip club.

Police say the two men used Jarrett's card to pay for the drinks on Aug. 27, noting "they did not have Jarrett's consent."

Rubinson and Young then drove to another restaurant to hang out, Jarrett's body slumped in the back along for the ride, police say.

They then returned to Jarrett's home, carried him in and put him in bed, according to court papers.

From there, police say, Rubinson and Young went to get gas and made a stop at a burrito joint, again using Jarrett's card. The two men then went to a strip club, where authorities say they used Jarrett's card to take out $400 from an ATM and flagged down a police officer to tell him they thought their friend was dead. Police went to Jarrett's home and found the body.
Ah, the elusive Weekend at Bernie's III, I presume.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Need Surgery and Want to Get Some Miles?

You get the procedure and you get the miles!

In Turkey, of course!

Memorial Healthcare Group promises "You can earn miles for all medical treatments."

All you have to do is show your Miles&Smiles card at the time of payment.

But be warned, in Turkey while money is accepted, they don't take payments originated by the US Mint. You can earn miles only for cash and credit card payments. Wire transfer, check, or money order customers need not apply!

They gotta prevent clear abuse and misuse of their program!
Old Oct 14, 2011, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Happy Birthday!

Bangkok Airways wishes to inform you that you if you take a flight in your birth month you are entitled to receive a bonus 20 points!
Old Oct 21, 2011, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Crime really does pay (in frequent flyer miles)!

SpyEye (HTML Injection) malware has been connected to a recently discovered attack on customers of Air Berlin.

SpyEye is able to intercept web pages on an infected system and add code into the HTML file before it is displayed to the site visitor.

The malware was being directed to harvest account information with the aim of harvesting account frequent flyer miles.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 5:34 pm

US Airways will give you miles for surgery, but only for Lasik eye surgery.

Most of the airlines now have shopping malls, which generally have have a few oddball retailers in them. So Skymall's perennial favorite, the Bigfoot statue, isn't your only option.

I see that I can get 44 US Airways miles for buying the Male Power Big Man Mesh Wonder Thong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.