Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

How many Chase C.C.'s can you have at one time?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many Chase C.C.'s can you have at one time?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2011, 12:14 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA, USair, United, Amex MR, ICHC, HHonors Silver
it seems up to 6 is the limit. officially you can only apply for one new one every 30 days (yes, it used to be 6 months, but that's definitely not the case anymore).
Old May 23, 2011, 3:20 pm

frequency

is there a rule with Chase re how frequently (i,e 60 days) you can open up a card?

Is the 2 in 60 days listed below a fact or does it vary. Been about 60 days since we applied for the Hyatt card an we would like to apply for the Sapphire card.

Thanks so much.
Old May 23, 2011, 3:52 pm

oops

just read the post above mine--was rushing earlier sorry
Old May 23, 2011, 7:27 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, MR Plat, DM Silver, RR, AA, US, BA
I have 6 personal cards at Chase, 0 business cards. I received the BA 100k card in April. I had 6 Chase cards at the time and they asked me to close one and shift a credit line from another prior to approval.
Old May 24, 2011, 12:46 am

Programs: gold, titanium, platinum and diamond, but still no giraffe.
right now i have 7 chase, the wife has 4. i've been a chase customer for years and haven't been declined for a card in 8 or 9 years.

per the reconsideration desk, i am at my max credit limit so more cards just means some shuffling. the sapphire apps we'll be doing shortly will require that but that's fine. I don't need a 20K limit on my second marriott card.

bzcat's post #28 is why everyone gets a different story.
Old May 24, 2011, 2:04 am

Programs: UA 1MM, *G, Global Entry
I have 4 (UA/MP, CO, Amazon, and Priority Club). Got two of them in the last 6 months - CO for mileage bonus and PC for 0% FTF.

joe
Old May 24, 2011, 6:46 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold
I currently have 3: CO, UA, and BA. I'm debating making a jump to the sapphire plus card, but I'm waiting to see what the CO PP plus card turns into after the CO/UA merger.

I'm wondering if there is going to be a new Chase Sapphire card that'll replace the current PP card that I assume is getting ready to go away.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 10:29 pm

I applied for the Chase Freedom may 19 2011. What are the Chances I would be approved for the CO? I also intend on apply for the AMEX Platinum and Gold to get the MR points so I can transfer it to Chase CO before the Sept 30 deadline. Do you think its possible for me to get it done?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by traveldealer
However, I think you can only get approved for one card every 6 Months.
No, not true. See post #28.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 7:57 am

Programs: AAEXP, BASlv, UAGold, Hyatt Diam, IHG Plt, SPG Plt, HH Diam, MR Plat, CC Gold, Nat ExecElite
I currently have 3 CCs with Chase - Marriott Premier, Hyatt, and Continental One Pass (have also had the BA and Southwest cards previously but those accounts have been closed at least a year now). Last one of the current 3 applied for was CO in November 2010. However, I applied for the CO Presidential Plus card in Feb 2011 (hoping to get it to replace the other CO card) and was denied by Chase because of my recent (3 months earlier) application and bonus miles I received for the other CO card (official reason on denial letter was too many accounts). I noticed on every application for Chase now one of the checkboxes says: Yes, I have NOT been denied credit by Chase within the last 6 months. I'm interested in possibly applying for the Chase Priority Club card, but I'm assuming I should wait until at least 6 months after Feb to apply for any new Chase cards. Anyone have experience in applying for new Chase cards after being denied for having too many Chase accounts?
Old Jul 8, 2011, 10:53 am
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by emilyk
I applied for the Chase Freedom may 19 2011. What are the Chances I would be approved for the CO? I also intend on apply for the AMEX Platinum and Gold to get the MR points so I can transfer it to Chase CO before the Sept 30 deadline. Do you think its possible for me to get it done?
I think it is still possible, but probably not for much longer without getting lucky. The time from application to card in hand + time to meet minimum spend + time for statement to close + time for points to post after paid off statement = close to two months under "good conditions" for most of us. I got my last round of points "rushed" after I paid off the statement and it still was about 2 months from start to finish. If you want to transfer to CO, I would not wait much longer to get going on an app.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 11:15 am

I have six:

Business SWA & Priority
Personal CO, Marriott, Priority & Sapphire
Old Jul 8, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
I was told last week that the "rule" was two new cards in 6 months, but I could close one of my cards to get reconsidered for a new card. I wonder how hard and fast this "rule" is. It doesn't even make sense, I can see how shifting / reducing credit lines makes sense, but why force closing one card to open another? They have already paid the bonus on card one, and then possibly on the new one.

I think I'm going to play CSR roulette and call back in a week. I was also told the reconsideration period was 30 days, and they told me the latest date I could call back to get reconsideration on the initial application.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
As others have suggested, I'm quite sure that the limiting factor is *not* the quantity of cards you hold, but how their cumulative limits compare to the maximum credit Chase is willing to extend to you. In other words, if Chase deems you worthy of $30,000 of total credit, asking for a second card when you already posses one with a $30,000 limit will have less chance of succeeding than asking for a sixth card when your first five total $25,000 in lines. When your next request will push you over the limit (or if you don't know what your limit is but you keep getting rejected), just call them and ask them to reduce credit from an existing card to make room for the new one you're applying for. That has worked for me multiple times.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 12:27 pm

If you close a chase card do you have to wait a few days/weeks before applying for a new chase card. In other words will chase immediately know your cumulative credit limit has declined as soon as any card is cancelled? Or does it take some time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.