Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Burger King online- Send a greeting card with a $1 bill inside for only $1

Old Dec 8, 2009, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine

Burger King is running a promo, that allows people with a mileage earning credit card to earn some free miles. This promotion is only online.

It's the Burger King $1 Holiday greeting card. It only costs $1 (includes tax, shipping and handling) and it has an actual $1 bill in the card and some of the cards are pretty funny. Thus, you receive a holiday card [as in greeting card, not gift card] with a $1 bill inside with postage paid to the recipiant of your choice. They're trying to promote their items for $1, but of course you can spend a US Dollar however you choose:

https://secure2.bk.com/en/us/campaig...-holidays.html

Note: You are capped at 99 cards, and you have to type in the address everytime you send a recipient a card. Your mailing/from address is pre-filled after the first card you put in your shopping cart if you click "add another recipient" but the recipient's address is never pre-filled. Thus, if you want to order 99 cards, you'll have to fill in the recipiant address 99 times. [it helps if you simply copy the longest part of your address and then simply paste it if you're sending multipule card]

Granted not as lucrative as the dollar coin deal, but a way to score some miles for those with mileage earning credit cards.

It states this offer lasts while supplies last.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 11:40 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
this is great..just made my day ^. Do i really want to order $1000 worth of burger king cards ??
Old Dec 9, 2009, 12:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by aaron1262
this is great..just made my day ^. Do i really want to order $1000 worth of burger king cards ??
Hypothetically speaking, if you can get around the 99 card limit (I'm sure you can, but they probably have controls in place that limit the number of orders per CC), and can churn out one entry every 10 seconds (a thought that makes my head spin), you're looking at 3.5 hours time (with no breaks) for a net gain of $20 (assuming 2 cents cash back).
Old Dec 9, 2009, 12:45 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
site isn't working well for me.

-The cards I choose don't show up correctly.

-Unable to "checkout". I enter everything correctly, and it tells me that there is an error.

Too much trouble....

Aloha
Old Dec 9, 2009, 1:09 am

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by clublounger
site isn't working well for me.

-The cards I choose don't show up correctly.

-Unable to "checkout". I enter everything correctly, and it tells me that there is an error.

Too much trouble....

Aloha
Yeah a bit too much trouble for too little return. I'm just afraid if i order too many some of them are bound to be "lost" in the mail. My mail hasn't been to reliable as of late. A lot of things are going to the neighbors.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 4:53 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by aaron1262
just the thing to go with all that Healthy Choice pudding

if the cost is $1 each then it's revenue neutral

'tis a pity to send so many cards to the landfill, though
Old Dec 9, 2009, 9:54 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Use for ING Promo?

Just a thought that this can be used for the ING Black Friday Electric Orange account. Don't we need 3 card transactions for the $120 bonus in each account? This would be a freebie!! It says sig based transactions, but online should count, right?
JudyJFLA

Originally Posted by benzguy80
just the thing to go with all that Healthy Choice pudding

if the cost is $1 each then it's revenue neutral

'tis a pity to send so many cards to the landfill, though
Old Dec 9, 2009, 10:01 am

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
Just a thought that this can be used for the ING Black Friday Electric Orange account. Don't we need 3 card transactions for the $120 bonus in each account? This would be a freebie!! It says sig based transactions, but online should count, right?
JudyJFLA
I'm going to try to do this for my 5 monthly debit card transactions for Chase CO.

I sent a couple cards to friends already - I don't think this is really a great way to churn CC's, though.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 10:03 am

It should be pretty easy to write a program to fill these out and do them as quickly as the website can handle. You shouldn't have to fill out anything. I believe the blocking factor will be the credit card approval, which likely will take seconds for each one. Otherwise, I could write a program to do several hundred per second.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 11:56 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by moondog
Hypothetically speaking, if you can get around the 99 card limit (I'm sure you can, but they probably have controls in place that limit the number of orders per CC), and can churn out one entry every 10 seconds (a thought that makes my head spin), you're looking at 3.5 hours time (with no breaks) for a net gain of $20 (assuming 2 cents cash back).
I think you can make more than that working at Burger King!
Old Dec 9, 2009, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
You know, this is not a bad deal just to actually use for it's intended purpose -- i.e. giving an acquaintance and or distant friend/relative a card that is a touch above one of those e-greetings -- you know, the ones sent from Hallmark.com every year addressed to you from each and every real estate agent, job recruiter, car dealer, etc that have your e-mail address.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Originally Posted by thehawk75
You know, this is not a bad deal just to actually use for it's intended purpose
Heretic!

j/k
Old Dec 9, 2009, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
way too much work for the mile/point
Old Dec 10, 2009, 1:09 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Working on a greasemonkey script.

Need to find out if exceeding 99 is possible. Simply says 99 per order, not per card, customer or address. Assuming I get the $99, I may try again. This is one time I wish I had kids: to open all the envelopes.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 5:34 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Roboform might help fill this out in an automated manner...haven't tried it personally and my free trial just ended so I'd have to invest in a full version of Roboform which would push the cost per mile up beyond what it is worth unless it is possible to get thousands of these. Then there is the inevitable problem of not all of the orders making it to your mailbox...so you'll have slippage and bring the cost per mile up beyond what they are worth.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.