Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Boarding pass checks in all Lufthansa lounges - for SEN/HON from Oct. 1 on.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Will you (re-)qualify for SEN/HON given the current M&M enhancements?
I am SEN/HON and won't change my flying pattern (will requalify)?
33.12%
I am HON but will reduce my travel and just qualify for SEN?
4.55%
I am SEN/HON, will requalify but will also start to choose other airlines if possible?
33.77%
I won't requalify for SEN/HON and will use another *A program for miles/status?
12.99%
I won't requalify for SEN/HON and will switch my business to OW or SkyTeam.
6.49%
I won't requalify for other reasons?
2.60%
I don't know yet.
6.49%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2009, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold, OWE

from "my SEN lounge - news":

Boarding pass checks in all Lufthansa lounges
From 1 October 2009, a valid Lufthansa boarding pass will be required to access any Lufthansa lounge worldwide. This means that when entering a Business, Senator or First Class Lounge, your boarding pass as well as your Miles & More card will be checked..

In future, as a Senator or HON Circle Member, you will only have access to the respective Lufthansa lounges based on your status, provided you have a boarding pass valid for the airport and same day departure on a Lufthansa, Lufthansa airline partner or Star Alliance operated flight.

By introducing this measure, Lufthansa can ensure that you can enjoy the greatest possible comfort prior to your flight. This change in lounge access policy which is transparent and consistent for all customers and is in line with the entry rules in regard to partner and Star Alliance lounges.

Therefore, from 1 October 2009, as a Senator or HON Circle Member,please make sure that you have your customer card and a valid boarding pass, for same day departure ready when entering a Senator or First Class Lounge.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
So far there have been no restrictions as regards to what airline was used for SENs when using SEN/biz lounges, so obviously this is another improvement...

Can this be a result of LH's recent handing out SEN cards to nearly all comers, who would then continue to fly their "real" airline but use LH's facilities?? If so, that campaign has seriously misfired.

Does it also affect OS/LX lounges, too?
Old Aug 18, 2009, 9:46 am

Programs: LH, SA, AA
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger

Does it also affect OS/LX lounges, too?
OS only allows you in with a Star Alliance BP anyway - I think LX as well. IIRC that goodie only applied to LH SEN lounges.

Well, it was nice as long it lasted.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 9:50 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
This means no more access on arrival right?
Old Aug 18, 2009, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
This means no more access on arrival right?
Good question? I'd assume showing an LH BP stub, you'd still have access ??

Instead of banning all the *G pax from the SEN lounges into the Business Lounges they are now throwing out their own SENs. Great enhancement ...
Old Aug 18, 2009, 10:58 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Good question? I'd assume showing an LH BP stub, you'd still have access ??
This:

provided you have a boarding pass valid for the airport and same day departure
makes it sound to me like it is not possible (with an Economy ticket). I always liked the possibility to wait in the lounge after my flight if friends/colleagues would arrive on a later flight, or if I had to wait somewhere anyway because a meeting would only start later.

Arrival lounge access in C should still be possible, I guess. But probably only in a business lounge...
Old Aug 18, 2009, 11:44 am

Programs: LH Sen, IHG Spire, Hertz Pres.
Another advantage over other airline's program is gone.
I wonder what will be the next one.
We might end up with only disadvantages compared with others.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 11:49 am

Programs: LH M&M SEN *G, Priority Club Plat. RA
I always liked the possibility to wait in the lounge after my flight if friends/colleagues would arrive on a later flight, or if I had to wait somewhere anyway because a meeting would only start later.

Arrival lounge access in C should still be possible, I guess. But probably only in a business lounge...
Hello

Used the lounge for the same reasons after arrival. Maybe they will adjust the opening hours of the Arrival lounge in FRA in B area (wishful thinking I guess )

Cheers
aquaguy
Old Aug 18, 2009, 11:57 am

This:

makes it sound to me like it is not possible (with an Economy ticket). I always liked the possibility to wait in the lounge after my flight if friends/colleagues would arrive on a later flight, or if I had to wait somewhere anyway because a meeting would only start later.
maybe we should wait for proof, or get proof via a hotline before we jump to conclusions about lounge usage after arrival...
Old Aug 18, 2009, 12:29 pm

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Arrivals Lounge in FRA

Not that this is the same thing, but my family was denied access to the arrivals lounge last week. I know I'm supposed to be limited to 1 guest, but I was hoping for some flexibility on the part of the lounge keeper. Guess they are cracking down all over.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 12:53 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Instead of banning all the *G pax from the SEN lounges into the Business Lounges they are now throwing out their own SENs. Great enhancement ...
+1

By introducing this measure, Lufthansa can ensure that you can enjoy the greatest possible comfort prior to your flight.
Huh! Banning *G from SEN lounges would be more effective.

Originally Posted by econprof
... my family was denied access to the arrivals lounge last week. I know I'm supposed to be limited to 1 guest, but I was hoping for some flexibility on the part of the lounge keeper.
Especially since the Arrivals Lounge is so quiet.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 12:56 pm

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by sentom
maybe we should wait for proof, or get proof via a hotline before we jump to conclusions about lounge usage after arrival...
Spoke to SEN Hotline, they knew about the new rule and confirmed, that using lounges is also possible when arriving on *A BP for Sen and Hon.

She doublechecked with her superior as the wording of the announcement for her was also quite misleading.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 1:16 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by mamb0
Spoke to SEN Hotline, they knew about the new rule and confirmed, that using lounges is also possible when arriving on *A BP for Sen and Hon.

She doublechecked with her superior as the wording of the announcement for her was also quite misleading.
I will call the HON line and check with them, too. If you can still use the lounge as arrival lounge, then that is good.

However I don't understand the overhead here. For MUC and FRA you are in the *A terminal to begin with. So what is the point behind this. Other airports have similar areas where you can enter only with a valid *A boarding pass to begin with. So what is the point behind checking them. The only bad airport that comes to my mind is TXL.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 1:27 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
This is truly

I am EXTREMELY disappointed by LH. I used to make PR for SEN/HON including their "Lounge anytime" policy. This takes away a huge advantage.

But there are always ways and tricks around this.

How deep have they fallen for their "best customers" having to use tricks and loopholes to get lounge access? Soon they'll be at Air France levels of quality and customer loyalization.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 2:01 pm

When I was departing from FRA some days ago in the morning, there was not even a real breakfast anymore in the lounge. No sausage, no cheese, no Lufthansa cocktail, no bread,....

If they go on like this I will buy cheaper airlines, and invest the difference into good meals at the airport.

The SEN lounges are full of *Gold customers from Air Canada and so on, the C lounges are empty, and there is no real food any more for their own SENs. Even on a 1.5 hours flight there is not even some bread any more.

Is that a full service airline?? And what is SEN worth if it goes on like this....

So far, SEN and hoping for HON was the reason to choose LH over SQ for FRA-SIN, and there are more examples like this. I think I will stop going for this now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.