Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status match (official promotion for Italian residents)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2009, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Status match (official promotion for Italian residents)

Dear all,

LH is currently offering status match, until April 30, exclusively to Italian residents. The promotion is called "All for one flight only" and is clearly a move to respond to AZ match promotion ("Fly to the top", as detailed here).

In order to get the match, it is just necessary to fax a module with all personal details (including a copy of another FF program elite card) and fly at least one return flight in any booking class on LH, LX, OS or EN before 30 June.

Everything is clearly advertised on the Italian homepage of M&M and the application module can be downloaded from this page.

Although the process seems to be quite straight-forward, there are still some points that are unclear. At the Italian M&M phone support the operators are aware of the status match promotion, but are completely clueless regarding the "technical" details.
In particular, they confirmed that:
- Any SkyTeam Elite Plus card would be matched to SEN, with expiration date Feb 2011.
- They are willing to strictly enforce the "Italian residents only" rule and mentioned that they might ask for "proof of residency" later on and that it would not be possible to change the country of residence in the M&M account until Feb 2011 (not sure how/if they would actually implement such restrictions).

However, nobody was able to give me answers regarding a few points:
- How long will it take for the match to take effect?
- Will we get the full SEN "package" (including eVouchers), or just the bare status (I suppose the latter)?
- Will we get some sort of confirmation/acknowledgement after qualifying for the promotion, or just an automatic match?

I was wondering whether anyone here in the forum had enrolled in the promotion earlier than I did and perhaps could enlight us on how/when everything happens.

On a more personal note, it seems that LH has momentarily picked-up on BD habits to give away status fairly easily... The only possible conclusion is that the Italian market must have extremely profitable prospects for the airline.

Many thanks-
Old Apr 29, 2009, 8:08 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by flying_pig
On a more personal note, it seems that LH has momentarily picked-up on BD habits to give away status fairly easily... The only possible conclusion is that the Italian market must have extremely profitable prospects for the airline.
The Italian market is very much in focus for LH right now. All the more so with the recent launch of Lufthansa Italia.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 8:44 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by flying_pig
Dear all,

However, nobody was able to give me answers regarding a few points:
- How long will it take for the match to take effect?
- Will we get the full SEN "package" (including eVouchers), or just the bare status (I suppose the latter)?
- Will we get some sort of confirmation/acknowledgement after qualifying for the promotion, or just an automatic match?
A friend of mine from Finland got a status match. So normally you get the SEN status for one year. No eVouchers or any extra gifts. You will start with 0 status mileage and you have to re-qualify within that year to keep it.

If they give it to you in May/June this year, then you might be lucky and it is valid until Feb 2011. So the full next year and extra two month in 2011. However it means you have to re-qualify in 2010 to keep it.

The confirmation will be when you log into www.miles-and-more.com and it shows that you are SEN now.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 9:29 am

Man they really don't learn do they. We only recently spoke right here about those from the UK who then went ahead and "borrowed" miles for upgrades they never had and never intented on earing by flying LH. Now the ensuing drama of sending those people huge bills for those miles.

Gee one would think this lot would learn at some stage - even little children will only toucha hot stove plate once.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
The UK disaster comes to mind immediately ...
Old Apr 29, 2009, 10:53 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
0 (in words: ZERO) overdraft for these guys please. @:-)
Old Apr 29, 2009, 10:55 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Miles&More Senator, bmi Diamond Club Silver, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG
I faxed in my details and my FB Plat card over 2 weeks ago. The fax says it was received. I called M&M Customer Svc in Italy twice and they were both aware of the promotion but couldn't tell me if the fax was ever actually received by their offices. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. My next LH/OS/LX flight is in May. I'll update with the results.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
0 (in words: ZERO) overdraft for these guys please. @:-)
and no eVouchers either please ...
Old Apr 29, 2009, 11:26 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rambuster
and no eVouchers either please ...
Confirmed in post #3.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 2:16 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Confirmed in post #3.
I am not sure, if his friend did the status match for italian residents, as it is clearly stated, that status is until 02/2011 for this status match.

I participated at the RG/LH status match in 03/2007 , I received status for one year, 2 eVouchers, the overdraft and had to requalify during 2007. Fair, but not too easy to (re-)qualify in 10 month. But the rules were different, two years ago.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 7:35 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Moranguinho
I am not sure, if his friend did the status match for italian residents, as it is clearly stated, that status is until 02/2011 for this status match.

I participated at the RG/LH status match in 03/2007 , I received status for one year, 2 eVouchers, the overdraft and had to requalify during 2007. Fair, but not too easy to (re-)qualify in 10 month. But the rules were different, two years ago.
As I said, you normally get your status for one 1 year only (plus 2 extra month the following year). So the status is for year 2010.

So to my knowledge LH always bound the status match with some travel on LH operated flights. In the case of my friend it was 4 return flights in either B/Y or higher fare class if I remember correctly.

For all non-German residents you only have to fly 100k miles. With already having the executive bonus due to the status it is actually only approx 80k miles.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 10:18 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
As some have mentioned already I would also hope that there are 0 eVouchers and that M&M is aware of potential abuse of the overdraft. Yes it is only 50K but still enough for some decent free flights or a nice upgrade. I doubt the whole we make you pay stuff would stand in an Italian court. Best would be no overdraft at all but that's just IMHO.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 12:20 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Moranguinho
Originally Posted by mh492
In the case of my friend it was 4 return flights in either B/Y or higher fare class if I remember correctly.
Originally Posted by demue
As some have mentioned already I would also hope that there are 0 eVouchers and that M&M is aware of potential abuse of the overdraft. Yes it is only 50K but still enough for some decent free flights or a nice upgrade. I doubt the whole we make you pay stuff would stand in an Italian court. Best would be no overdraft at all but that's just IMHO.
OK, so LH can apply differrent rules.

AFAIK at the time of the UK disaster (well before my time!) there`were no rules about repaying overdraft or monetary values of overdraft miles. Let's hope that at least LH/M&M are now aware of the pitfall. They are also more stingy with eVouchers now.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 1:09 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by mh492
As I said, you normally get your status for one 1 year only (plus 2 extra month the following year). So the status is for year 2010.

So to my knowledge LH always bound the status match with some travel on LH operated flights. In the case of my friend it was 4 return flights in either B/Y or higher fare class if I remember correctly.

For all non-German residents you only have to fly 100k miles. With already having the executive bonus due to the status it is actually only approx 80k miles.
Yes, but under the actual offer status is good until 02/11 (as written on the apply form).
Old Apr 30, 2009, 1:26 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Miles&More Senator, bmi Diamond Club Silver, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG
I called this morning to ask about the benefits. I was transferred to a supervisor who "knew more about the promotion" than the regular representatives. She said that she knew nothing about the overdraft, however, upon completion of the required roundtrip on LX/LH/OS in any booking class, within 72 hours the account would be updated to SEN and 2 eVouchers would be in the account. And again next year, 2010, 2 more eVouchers would be deposited into the account. So, 4 eVouchers in total. The expiration of the status match is valid through Feb 2011 and to requalify for status requires flying the 100K during 2010. (Or, I suppose if you are really eager, you could fly 100K in Jan/Feb 2011!! I bet there are more than a few FTers out there willing to do that!)
She also noted that all accounts in this promotion are being monitored for address changes. If someone applies for this status match and has changed their address from outside of Italy to inside of Italy within the past 3 months, they will be sent a letter asking for a copy of their Italian "carta d'identita", Italian passport, certificato di residenza, or other concrete proof of residency in Italy. If an account is in Italy, the status match is granted, and the account address is changed to be outside of Italy before the expiration of the status, M&M will be notified immediately and they will contact the flyer to request documentation for a valid change of residence reason with proof.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.