Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does HON Circle still exsist?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2009, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Does HON Circle still exsist?

Two weeks ago I had a short connect in FRA coming from NRT with only 35 mins connection time. Instead of picking me up they had booked me on a flight two hours later.

In the weeks before no PA came to the plane at LAX and MIA.

In FRA and DUS my luggage usually is on the belt in the last third.

And now I just hang up after waited in the queue for 10 minutes trying to talk to HON Circle (South Africa).

So I wonder: I still have a black card. But does LH still have HON Circle (I wont call it HON Circle "Service" anymore...)?

Gloria
Old Mar 18, 2009, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
LH has a more or less secret plan to enhance away the HON program.
Instead Antinori & Co will ask for your banking details where they will debit a modest amount each month from your account. A little bit more for those booking Z fares and a even more for full fare C and F suckers !

(btw: PAs in LAX and MIA will only hold you up in the race to immigration, as they cannot guarantee a jump to the front of the queue. And we all know priotity luggage seldomly works on longhaul and never on shorthaul. )
Old Mar 18, 2009, 7:48 pm
hch

Originally Posted by gloria_mundi
Two weeks ago I had a short connect in FRA coming from NRT with only 35 mins connection time. Instead of picking me up they had booked me on a flight two hours later.
A while ago the station manager in PDX had booked me on a later flight ex-FRA due to a departure delay on the flight to FRA. We made up the delay in the air and the bloody FRA bridage forced me to take my earlier flight. I had planned to have a nice breakfast with a friend and a nicer shower in FRA, but they told me if I took the later flight I had to pay a couple hundred EUR change fee. Ever since I ignore all the PAs and drivers in FRA and take the normal bus & co. In addition to not falling victim to the above crap watching all that suite wearing people wait for that other HON and only getting our after the bus is a real pleasure
Old Mar 18, 2009, 8:50 pm

Programs: LH-HON
Originally Posted by hch
...In addition to not falling victim to the above crap watching all that suite wearing people wait for that other HON and only getting our after the bus is a real pleasure
Well, as I am often on of this suite (or jeans) wearing people waiting for "that other HON" I do not understand what gives you such a pleasure taking away 10 min from my time for a breakfast/shower between two flights

It's fine if you don't want to take the limo (for what reason ever), but at least tell the driver so other people don't have to suffer (too )
Old Mar 19, 2009, 12:39 am

Programs: LH
Originally Posted by IKA-HON
It's fine if you don't want to take the limo (for what reason ever), but at least tell the driver so other people don't have to suffer (too )
Don't let us suffer (two)
Old Mar 19, 2009, 12:51 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by hch
In addition to not falling victim to the above crap watching all that suite wearing people wait for that other HON and only getting our after the bus is a real pleasure
My dear. We wear suites for living not for the fun of it. Don't bring out your anger at these people because your job do not require you to do so
Old Mar 19, 2009, 1:17 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by IKA-HON
Well, as I am often on of this suite (or jeans) wearing people waiting for "that other HON" I do not understand what gives you such a pleasure taking away 10 min from my time for a breakfast/shower between two flights

Right, so LH's inadequacy to provide at last a really exclusive service should become hch's problem now?

"Tell the driver"?... Please!

What's next? HONs taking turns in holding the placard for the poor driver to relax until the remaining HONs show up?
Old Mar 19, 2009, 2:02 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by gloria_mundi
..So I wonder: I still have a black card. But does LH still have HON Circle (I wont call it HON Circle "Service" anymore...)?..
Sic transit gloria mundi.

@FRA ... one should ad.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by andre1970
Right, so LH's inadequacy to provide at last a really exclusive service should become hch's problem now?

What's next? HONs taking turns in holding the placard for the poor driver to relax until the remaining HONs show up?
Landmark post ^^.

Even though I too had to swallow empty a few times when I read that hch boarded a scummy bus voluntarily . The one singular reason I hate that dusty fungus culture LHR less than FRA is because it is less bus infested .
Old Mar 19, 2009, 2:47 am
hch

Originally Posted by weero
Landmark post ^^.

Even though I too had to swallow empty a few times when I read that hch boarded a scummy bus voluntarily . The one singular reason I hate that dusty fungus culture LHR less than FRA is because it is less bus infested .
Of course I do. With the usual 50 seaters I have in/out of FRA the bus is usually faster than the car because the car only gets out after the bus, and just as comfortable as the bus if you are on of the earlier 80% of the pax that gets a seat. I'm not going support that waste of fuel and money for the car service for these setups. I've also told LH in writing but they keep sending it.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by hch
I've also told LH in writing but they keep sending it.
So when the limo service is finally enhanced away LH can truthfully claim that this was by customer demand .... like the enhancement of the Christmas standby upgrade vouchers ...
Old Mar 19, 2009, 3:16 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by hch
In addition to not falling victim to the above crap watching all that suite wearing people wait for that other HON and only getting our after the bus is a real pleasure
Sorry hch, but this is not good. Please let the driver know. If LH fails to provide you the right service this is not the fault of the driver and the other HONs. I've been sitting in a car a couple times already and the driver had to wait for another HON without success. Not really nice.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster
So when the limo service is finally enhanced away LH can truthfully claim that this was by customer demand .... like the enhancement of the Christmas standby upgrade vouchers ...
The latter excuse - which I still have in written from LH CS, I always held as one of the silliest made up arguments ever invented by marketing folks. Until a friend of mine who still does get invited to SEN events told me that during a dinner one of the SEN++ bragged that he implored CS several times to do away with 'superfluous' upgrades to make the cabins more exclusive.

That is like paying money for being tied up and tortured. Oh wait these folks do exist too .
Old Mar 19, 2009, 4:26 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
This is a hilarious thread, but there are more serious problems in the world.

I'd be happy for every efficient and comfortable transfer.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 6:23 am

inadequacy?! what are they supposed to do, send three cars for three HONs on the same flight?! indeed...

i think its basic manors to let him/her know if you take the bus instead, just like you cancel a restaurant reservation if you dont intend to show up. whats the problem with that, it takes about 10 seconds?!

Originally Posted by hch
With the usual 50 seaters I have in/out of FRA the bus is usually faster than the car because the car only gets out after the bus...
i know that we are in pretty much the same situation (prop plane, apron position, often in Y) and i can say with all the pickups i had in the last year, only once i got out after the bus. most of the other times i got out way before the bus. the thing that takes the most time is waiting for the handlugagge in front of the plane, but thats the same for all the other pax as well...

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Please let the driver know. If LH fails to provide you the right service this is not the fault of the driver and the other HONs.
completely agree!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.