LH/LX/LO/OS/SN/OU economy class food

Old Aug 3, 2013, 6:43 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Potato salad with minced pork "Schnitzel" MAN-FRA

Ingredients

Cheddar and gherkin sandwich FRA-MAN
("Enhancement" from 7 months earlier)

Close-up

Ingredients

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Aug 5, 2013 at 5:01 am
Old Aug 4, 2013, 2:41 am

Programs: price is a king
back last THU i tried to create a report about NEW LOT ECONOMY FOOD. You won't believe - everything was sold out on my BCN-WAW flight ... mfk
Old Aug 4, 2013, 4:36 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by asoksevil
Flew bunch of times on LH long-haul flights and never thought about taking pictures of the food... I'll make sure to take one from HKG-FRA.
Yes, we could do with more pictures of meals on longhaul flights especially in Economy. If you are fortunate enough to fly in C or F remember that there is also this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...rst-class.html
Old Aug 5, 2013, 2:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LO Y dinner December 2012 MUC-WAW:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-0...o/DSCN0577.JPG
Old Aug 5, 2013, 2:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

EN MUC-PMO July 12:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-N...o/DSCN1353.JPG

return:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-V...o/DSCN1427.JPG
Old Aug 5, 2013, 7:56 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Potato salad with minced pork "Schnitzel" MAN-FRA
Other than the MSG in the potatoes (E621), the Schnitzel looks like it is reasonably healthy... (assuming one has nothing against eating pork)
Old Aug 10, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: Thai Gold, UA, AA, SWA
Originally Posted by egon.olsen
Premium Economy WAW-YYZ on Dreamliner (TR, unfortunately in Polish is here: http://lotnictwo.net.pl/3-tematy_ogo...ryki_live.html

I like this one. What worm is that on the dessert plate?
Old Aug 18, 2013, 3:18 am
Original Poster

here's another one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOoj5...7KTMR1grNx73Ow
Old Sep 27, 2013, 6:37 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Horrific "food" in Y MUC-MAN

I was on MAN-MUC in Y on Tuesday night and was truly appalled at the "food" handed out on the flight. It was a two-part plastic container, the smaller part containing 9 (yes, I counted them) micro pretzels (they were too small to be called mini pretzels). The other part was a formless yellow lump of starchy goo and four odd looking little strips of grey rubbery meat covered in damp breadcrumbs. I asked and was told that the yellow goo was potato salad and the strips were Schnitzel-Wienerart.

I tried the Schnitzel first. This was truly nasty, rubbery rap that tasted of salt and nothing else. A knot of gristle did nothing to enhance the experience.

Then followed the potato salad, whose scooping severely strained the integrity of the plastic spoon supplied with it. It was disgusting from the moment it got within 10cm of my face. The odour was overpowering and when it went in my mouth it was clear that a huge number of artificial flavourings had been added to compensate for the lack of natural ones.

I ate the pretzels to take the flavour of the potato salad away, but sadly 9 of them was insufficient for that purpose.

I looked around to see that most of the passengers were in tacit agreement with my assessment and an awful lot of the meal service went in the bin. Seriously, what the hell do LH think they're doing serving this vile filth? I would much rather have nothing at all than this. I know it must be cheap to make, and therefore economical, but what about al those who know book with a budget airline (or tell their friends and family to) because the extra you pay for a flight with a meal included is simply a waste of money?
Old Sep 27, 2013, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by roberino
I would much rather have nothing at all than this.
Which will be the next enhancement following extensive customer research where people overwhelming prefer to have nothing at all.

Unfortunately the rule now must be "Do not eat on shorthaul in economy".
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: M&M FTL; BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by roberino
I was on MAN-MUC in Y on Tuesday night and was truly appalled at the "food" handed out on the flight. It was a two-part plastic container, the smaller part containing 9 (yes, I counted them) micro pretzels (they were too small to be called mini pretzels). The other part was a formless yellow lump of starchy goo and four odd looking little strips of grey rubbery meat covered in damp breadcrumbs. I asked and was told that the yellow goo was potato salad and the strips were Schnitzel-Wienerart.

I tried the Schnitzel first. This was truly nasty, rubbery rap that tasted of salt and nothing else. A knot of gristle did nothing to enhance the experience.

Then followed the potato salad, whose scooping severely strained the integrity of the plastic spoon supplied with it. It was disgusting from the moment it got within 10cm of my face. The odour was overpowering and when it went in my mouth it was clear that a huge number of artificial flavourings had been added to compensate for the lack of natural ones.

I ate the pretzels to take the flavour of the potato salad away, but sadly 9 of them was insufficient for that purpose.

I looked around to see that most of the passengers were in tacit agreement with my assessment and an awful lot of the meal service went in the bin. Seriously, what the hell do LH think they're doing serving this vile filth? I would much rather have nothing at all than this. I know it must be cheap to make, and therefore economical, but what about al those who know book with a budget airline (or tell their friends and family to) because the extra you pay for a flight with a meal included is simply a waste of money?
I agree with you. I also watched as on a flight a couple of months ago they served this to a Muslim and claimed it was chicken when it was in fact Pork, and he had to tell them 2 or 3 times before they read the ingredients and agreed. So he did get nothing!

Of course for a 1 - 1.5 flight it is not so bad to have nothing, but if you are taking 2 segments (or even 3!) with a transfer then from when you leave the office until you get home (and can eat something) can easily be 6 - 8 hours, and to be just offered this 'food' twice is terrible. (I have done this many times in the past, albeit mostly with SAS where you got nothing).

Certainly if you pay extra for a full class airline you should expect full class service, otherwise why pay extra? Certainly not for the airmiles!

What was wrong with the fresh sandwhich choice and small chocolate bar they use to offer years ago? This was perfect IMHO on short flights.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 7:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I've never understood why people need something to eat on a 1-2hr flight..... I guess it's just intended to kill some of the boredom.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RTW1
I've never understood why people need something to eat on a 1-2hr flight..... I guess it's just intended to kill some of the boredom.
Often from what I have seen people are finishing work, arriving at the airport without time to eat, and need to work on arrival or are arriving quite late at night at their destination and thus leaving them without any choice but to eat on the aircraft. At least that is usually the reason my colleagues and I tend to eat on the aircraft.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 7:57 am

And you don't even have 5 minutes to pick up a proper sandwich somwhere? Talk about poor planning if you rely on airplane food...
W
Old Sep 27, 2013, 8:00 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Originally Posted by Wombelero
And you don't even have 5 minutes to pick up a proper sandwich somwhere? Talk about poor planning if you rely on airplane food...
W
The sad part is that I had had some food in the MUC SEN lounge - it must be a kind of reflex to take something when it is offered.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.