Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOT - 2 quick questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2012, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
LOT - 2 quick questions

So..changing my booking from UA (PM CO 777 lie flat) to LO C for tomorrow.

I am going New York-WAW, and the LO flight is direct. Thoughts? (I have searched and read 3 dozen threads, some are VERY negative, others not so bad!)

So...3 quick questions-

How will I know if I will get the "old" 767 w/AA recliner seats on the wet lease? (I called LO, they stated the plane has 18 C seats-3 rows)

Thoughts on giving up UA lie flat C for LO C? I am gaining a LOSS of a connection-and "better times". (I have a 2 1/2 yr old and 14 yr old traveling with me). So...I get to leave at 1055pm and arrive at 140. CUrrently have a conx in FRA.

Will they serve dinner on a flight that leaves at 1055pm?

General thoughts welcome!

Thanks in advance
PP40
Old Jul 17, 2012, 3:03 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

LOT - 2 quick questions

Yes they serve dinner. LOT C seats suck big time. On the other hand the food is good.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 5:57 am

Hope google translate will make it: http://lotnictwo.net.pl/3-tematy_ogo...ite_fleet.html
Old Jul 18, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I travel economy a lot with LOT . I am not sure the experience translates to C. But I would always choose LO when I can get a direct flight, and I am with kids. On the other hand, I tend to choose better cabin comfort, when I fly alone. I believe that when traveling with small kids minimizing transfers, and travel time is actually what increases the comfort most ... Just a personal opinion.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by wazow
I travel economy a lot with LOT . I am not sure the experience translates to C. But I would always choose LO when I can get a direct flight, and I am with kids. On the other hand, I tend to choose better cabin comfort, when I fly alone. I believe that when traveling with small kids minimizing transfers, and travel time is actually what increases the comfort most ... Just a personal opinion.
+1.

Thanks for the input. I have changed my schedule and fly LOT27 JFK-WAW tonight!!!! Only 2 other seats sold in C/J!!! Should be fun, will take a ton of pictures and do a proper trip report upon my return.

The most important aspect is that now my small (2 1/2 yr old) child will "reset" her clock to WAW time quickly i feel. Overall, this is the right choice. Plus...it....cant....be....that....bad (said holding my breath!)
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

OP back-a bit of a review

So I took the LO flight last night.

W-O-W!

Was it LH F? No. Was it sCO J? YEP.

I will do a full trip report once back from vacation, but we were pleasantly surprised after reading some horror stories on LO.

Food was GREAT, seat wasnt "that bad!" (a little narrow for bigger people, crew was EXCELLENT!!!

The best part was the flight times...worked out beautiful!

PM if anyone has any questions.

PS-one issue. LO uses the Swiss lounge at JFK. They close down everything except the alcohol at 8pm. We arrived at 830 to fruit, cheese plate and some alcohol...but that was it. They were even cleaning the place when we were in there....
Old Jul 19, 2012, 3:36 pm

Programs: price is a king
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
So I took the LO flight last night.

W-O-W!

Was it LH F? No. Was it sCO J? YEP.

I will do a full trip report once back from vacation, but we were pleasantly surprised after reading some horror stories on LO.

Food was GREAT, seat wasnt "that bad!" (a little narrow for bigger people, crew was EXCELLENT!!!

The best part was the flight times...worked out beautiful!
I always believed that the experience is a relation of expectations and the reality I'm glad you liked our national carrier as I do enjoy's LO's C as well (few times to ORD/ERW).

awaiting your report
mfk
Old Jul 21, 2012, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
PS-one issue. LO uses the Swiss lounge at JFK. They close down everything except the alcohol at 8pm. We arrived at 830 to fruit, cheese plate and some alcohol...but that was it. They were even cleaning the place when we were in there....
LO is consolidation their NYC operations in autumn, they'll only serve JFK then and move the same terminal as LH, so the lounge options should improve.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.