Wiki Posts
Search

Business Class Seating on LH748i

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2012, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Business Class Seating on LH748i

Does anyone know the configuration of this new aircraft? It hasn't shown up yet on Seatguru/Seatexpert.

I am looking for the equivalent to 9A/9K (747-400) on this aircraft. That is, the row which is at the doors and allows unfettered access to the window seats. The seat map from Lufthansa doesn't seem very effective since it shows a galley at Row 9 but there isn't any indication of a break from Row 8.

Thanks!

Attention Mods - This is a similar post to one I included in the LH/OS Seating thread, but it didn't seem to get any attention there. I would appreciate if you would let this remain as a new thread for a day to ensure visibility, before it is rightfully merged into the seating thread. Thanks.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 8:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The seatmap is here:
http://www.lufthansa.com/mediapool/p...Boeing%20747-8

As the inaugural FRA-IAD is going on right now, you will not get many comments. About 3 dozens FT/VFTers including me saw it yesterday and during the roll in, but first appearances may be misleading...
Old Jun 1, 2012, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Thanks, oliver2002. I much appreciate your kind and quick reply. I had thought the inaugural was at the beginning of May, so had thought that there would have been some experience by now. Clearly, I was mistaken.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

There is a break at rows 8/9. The center pair is better downstairs unless you like a window. Upstairs the seats are basically the same as the outside pairs downstairs. Farther forward is quieter relative to the galley upstairs.

The seat is pretty comfy IMO.

Any more specific questions I can try to answer? Just got off the inaugural an hour ago.

Some more photos here.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Thanks sbm12, great pics! ^

The one question most here seem to care about: How comfortable was the foot rest area? Did it feel small or awkward having your feet so close to your neighbor's?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by sbm12
There is a break at rows 8/9. The center pair is better downstairs unless you like a window. Upstairs the seats are basically the same as the outside pairs downstairs. Farther forward is quieter relative to the galley upstairs.

The seat is pretty comfy IMO.

Any more specific questions I can try to answer? Just got off the inaugural an hour ago.

Some more photos here.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 1:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by linhard04
Thanks sbm12, great pics! ^

The one question most here seem to care about: How comfortable was the foot rest area? Did it feel small or awkward having your feet so close to your neighbor's?

Thanks!
I don't mind sharing the space on the ottoman, though I can see how it could be annoying for some. It wasn't too small for me at 5' 11"-ish.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 8:08 am

Based on a Spiegel Online report (German news website), Franz mentioned that the 748 config in C will be changed from V to H layout (as in A333). The first 5 planes will still be equipped with the current layout but it will be changed in later delivered planes.

http://www.spiegel.de/reise/aktuell/...-a-836417.html
Old Jun 2, 2012, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by curt
Based on a Spiegel Online report (German news website), Franz mentioned that the 748 config in C will be changed from V to H layout (as in A333). The first 5 planes will still be equipped with the current layout but it will be changed in later delivered planes.

That sounds like it would be an improvement and welcomed by the FF community. Maybe he will at least get that right...
Old Jun 4, 2012, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Many Thanks to all who responded to this thread. It has been a great help to me in figuring out how to manage my next trip!
Old Jun 4, 2012, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K [ex-GS],1+MM, SPG PLAT
I was in F on the new aircraft (strange being in Zone A on LH in F!) and did not walk upstairs. But as I walked past the stairs and looked up, it seems the storage closet at the top of the stairs is missing ... were there windows to port of the stairs?
Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by curt

Double checked with the team behind the seat, it seems their CEO was misquoted (which would explain why no other paper/outlet picked up the story), there is no plan to replace all V with H from the 6th aircraft. V will stay in the 748/744 and in the middle of A330/340/380.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.