Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A330-300 thread (new F & new C, new F & old C, old F & old C)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2013, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, AA PLT, DL Silver
Originally Posted by wripro
But row 4 is close to the galley or lavatories. I prefer row 3.
Just flew a few days ago on a A333 and A343 - first time in the mini cabin of both. Had heard bad things about no floor storage in row 3 and galley noise in row 4. I kept my laptop case in the cutout in row 3 throughout both flights, never had an issue (don't know if this would be corrected on other flights, but 2/2 so far). I also would not call the galley noise too terrible on either flight, and so I have changed my upcoming flights for seats in row 4. Didn't seem like an issue at all.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by SMFlagg
Just flew a few days ago on a A333 and A343 - first time in the mini cabin of both. Had heard bad things about no floor storage in row 3 and galley noise in row 4. I kept my laptop case in the cutout in row 3 throughout both flights, never had an issue (don't know if this would be corrected on other flights, but 2/2 so far). I also would not call the galley noise too terrible on either flight, and so I have changed my upcoming flights for seats in row 4. Didn't seem like an issue at all.
I have just tried Row 10 even though I had a confirmed seat in Row 3 - just told the FA I wanted to try the rear cabin. Did that - tried the center section seats in Row 10, then tried sleeping in 10A - to no avail.

What I found was that no matter where you sit/sleep, the curtains (or lack thereof on the port side from the galley to Row 10) allow light to leak into the rear cabin and one cannot sleep unless you are wearing the eyeshades...

In Row 3, one is disturbed by FAs moving from F to C, (and that (newly-designed) semi-rigid curtain/divider is quite good in preventing noise from going through to the other cabin) but the FA movement still disturbs if you are in Row 3 aisle, starboard side.

If you are in the windows in Row 3, you probably might not be affected, but I found the window seats in Row 3 to be a bit claustrophobic.

Maybe I have to try non-buikhead seats as Oliver2002 suggests!
Old Aug 27, 2013, 12:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Row 4 because:
- your feet are not boxed in
- the spacing is a bit better (because they had some cabin space left, the same applies to row 12-14/16 BTW.)

Row 3 is bad:
- The way the IFE screens are fit
- the F curtain traffic
- boxed in leg space
- the magazine rack in your face

Row 10 is bad
- boxed in leg space
- galley noise and light
- lav traffic (the lav is right in front of row 10 and well away from row 4)
Old Aug 27, 2013, 1:06 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Row 3 is bad:
- the F curtain traffic
- boxed in leg space
Agreed on all points, but I find the boxed-in leg space to be broader than the other options in Row 4 and others, which I like.

Row 10 is bad
- boxed in leg space
- galley noise and light
Yes, port side lav opens directly into the second cabin, so when dark, everyone in the center and starboard side seats is exposed to flashes of light when the door is opened.

I thought that 10A would help in the above situation, but when the galley is also not curtained, it doesn't mean much!
Old Aug 27, 2013, 1:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Row 10 is the place to be in old C, but in new C its a clear avoid. ANother two reasons are:

- last row to be served with meals (choices gone, longer time to finish meal service)
- infant bassinet row
Old Aug 27, 2013, 1:54 pm

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Because of posts here I have now also changed my seats to row 4.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 7:22 pm

Programs: Former Dividend Miles Chairman's, Marriott Rewards
Row 4 because:
- your feet are not boxed in
- the spacing is a bit better (because they had some cabin space left, the same applies to row 12-14/16 BTW.)

Row 3 is bad:
- the F curtain traffic
- boxed in leg space

Row 10 is bad
- boxed in leg space
- galley noise and light
Old Aug 27, 2013, 7:27 pm

Programs: Former Dividend Miles Chairman's, Marriott Rewards
Only FT takes this to a level of minutia that I love. So my question is left or right for row 4. Left, I assume would be first to exit, after F, of course.

Also, where is the snack station set up. May I request a Frankfurter at any time?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by TPA us ff
Also, where is the snack station set up. May I request a Frankfurter at any time?
Snack station? On Lufthansa??

I think I have only ever seen juices and water available in the galleys...

Maybe someone else can confirm if they have laid out any snacks, ever?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:51 pm

No snack station on flights <10h, Frankfurters are available on request, they come from a glass jar stored in the aft galley. Not available ex-US though, as the FDA requires all food to be taken off the aircraft and LH has no source for the sausages in the US.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 4:35 pm

Doing LH F YUL-MUC-YUL and LH's website shows that it will be the new F on the A333. Can anyone point to some pics / trip report for the new F on this aircraft? Thanks.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by spideysense
Doing LH F YUL-MUC-YUL and LH's website shows that it will be the new F on the A333. Can anyone point to some pics / trip report for the new F on this aircraft? Thanks.
Not the same flight, but the same plane...
http://boardingarea.com/onemileatati...ver-to-munich/
Old Oct 14, 2013, 7:10 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
I could upgrade from Biz to F, DFW-FRA, one way. Do you think it's worth the extra 17.5K points? Also, I'm flying on to Accra in Biz (2 cabin plane). If I did upgrade, would I be able to access the FCT, coming out of F, but moving on in Biz? Thanks for your input!
Old Oct 14, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
I took the plunge, and booked F instead of Biz. Sounds like the seats will be fully flat, at least. What other differences should I expect b/w the 2 cabins on this flight? Will we be able to access the First Class Terminal in Frankfurt, even though we're flying Biz to Ghana (2 cabin plane)?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Preacher7
I took the plunge, and booked F instead of Biz. Sounds like the seats will be fully flat, at least. What other differences should I expect b/w the 2 cabins on this flight? Will we be able to access the First Class Terminal in Frankfurt, even though we're flying Biz to Ghana (2 cabin plane)?
Good decision^, you will be able to access the FCL or FCT upon arrival and spend your time there before continuing to ACC, you will enjoy the service in FC for sure, much quieter, 8 people max, more personalized service and a seat good enough to sleep

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.