New Business Class coming to LH [merged]

Old Jul 16, 2011, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

New Business Class coming to LH [merged]

I just got off a Lufthansa flight and in the seat pocket there was an interview (I believe from the upcoming August magazine - correct me if I'm wrong) about the new 747-8. The interesting thing was that it stated that LH will be revealing a new business class seat with the debut of the 747-8. Finally!! Anyone else heard anything?
Old Jul 16, 2011, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by maestro1981
I just got off a Lufthansa flight and in the seat pocket there was an interview (I believe from the upcoming August magazine - correct me if I'm wrong) about the new 747-8. The interesting thing was that it stated that LH will be revealing a new business class seat with the debut of the 747-8. Finally!! Anyone else heard anything?
Yes, it has been rumored for quite some time now. There have also been real live tests of the seats on FRA-JFK flights AFAIR - supposedly similar to new US Airways offering.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 5:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Lack
Yes, it has been rumored for quite some time now. There have also been real live tests of the seats on FRA-JFK flights AFAIR - supposedly similar to new US Airways offering.
and new CX J
Old Jul 16, 2011, 5:13 pm

Interesting. It has been discussed for a while that the 748 would have new J. I will be very curious to see what the decide on. I would have guessed they went for something similar to what LX has. LH and LX now have similar F cabins, so it would seem natural for LH to use a similar design in their J cabin.

Either way, I am sure we can all agree that any new J cabin will be a big step up from what they have now.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by will2288
Either way, I am sure we can all agree that any new J cabin will be a big step up from what they have now.
This is certainly true. In the aspect of the best C cabins out there LH has some homework to do. However, from my perspective (I do most of my flying on LH longhaul in Y) any C cabin feels like heaven. Therefore I have no symphaty for those who complain about the current C product. If it is so bad, don't fly it.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:08 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Based on a press release a few months ago some of us speculated that LH's new C seat might be similar to CO's new business seats also by B/E Aerospace.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:14 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Based on a press release a few months ago some of us speculated that LH's new C seat might be similar to CO's new business seats also by B/E Aerospace.
Which would be boring.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:23 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Which would be boring.
You expect anything other than boring from LH?
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:30 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I doubt that LH will install a C class seat that has already existed in the market. I strongly believe they will come up with something different.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 8:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The new C seat (supplied by B/E but a new type) is already installed in the 748i that is under flight testing in PAE. If Boeing delays the delivery schedule, the A330 coming next spring will be the first to feature the new C (and the new F similar to the A380 F but from a different supplier).
Old Jul 17, 2011, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Does anyone have any idea which routes these new B747 and A330 will be most likely starting on with the new Business Class?
Old Jul 17, 2011, 10:30 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by maestro1981
Does anyone have any idea which routes these new B747 and A330 will be most likely starting on with the new Business Class?
it is toooooo early to start speculation
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:07 am

Programs: BA Silver, LH SEN
Originally Posted by LH/LX
I doubt that LH will install a C class seat that has already existed in the market. I strongly believe they will come up with something different.
The new CO seat is good. Good news if that's the technical backbone. I am sure LH will have it customised to fit the look and feel of their cabin...
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by A380*G
This is certainly true. In the aspect of the best C cabins out there LH has some homework to do. However, from my perspective (I do most of my flying on LH longhaul in Y) any C cabin feels like heaven. Therefore I have no symphaty for those who complain about the current C product. If it is so bad, don't fly it.
Amen. And to all you poor people that have to put up with "bad/poor" quality C seats; I'm happy to exchange my Y seats for any (even ones with broken IFE!) C seats on any of my flights. Just let me know if you have a one that you want to get out of. Especially on the FRA-JNB route..
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:31 am

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by LH/LX
it is toooooo early to start speculation
It's never too early to speculate.

My guess is that the newly equipped aircraft will fly a random pattern of LH routes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.