Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any chance for M&M status match from Spanair Star program?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: A3 *S, JK *G (not anymore), HH G (not anymore)
Originally Posted by PMinsh
This may help you recover some points. I've managed to transfer the points I gained on my LH flights in the last six months, that I'd originally had credited to my Spanair Star account, by going into the Miles & More Online Service center and getting them credited retroactively there. (I also have a Miles & More card for some bits-and-pieces that you couldn't get points with Spanair Star.) I'm waiting to see whether they will accept my claims for other *A members that I've flown on in the last six months.
It is not the same as a straight status match, but at least these are some good news. Please keep us posted of the outcome with the non-LH *A flights.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 12:35 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
This may help you recover some points. I've managed to transfer the points I gained on my LH flights in the last six months, that I'd originally had credited to my Spanair Star account, by going into the Miles & More Online Service center and getting them credited retroactively there. (I also have a Miles & More card for some bits-and-pieces that you couldn't get points with Spanair Star.) I'm waiting to see whether they will accept my claims for other *A members that I've flown on in the last six months.
Welcome to FT PMinsh and congratulations for the @:-)!
Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:16 pm
DrV

Programs: LH SEN, ICH Platinum, FB Silver
Definately it is more fair to have a mileage transfer than a status match.

I have workmates who are (were, JK is dead ) JK Gold who enjoyed a *G at a much lower mileage requirement, as a SEN I'd find it unfair to match status after JK broke.

Somebody mentioned above about SEN being the most difficult *G to get, it may be true but I find the LH SEN lounges in MUC/FRA much better than many of the *G lounges worldwide. (JK Lounges were a joke...chips and peanuts??)

BTW. The JK lounge in BIO was open Jan 29th but LH gave me a snack+drink coupon to be spent at any of the bars in the airport. After my return a couple of days ago, the lounge is closed but LH keeps giving coupons to the SEN/HONs.

Last edited by DrV; Feb 6, 2012 at 2:34 pm
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by DrV
I have workmates who are (were, JK is dead ) JK Gold who enjoyed a *G at a much lower mileage requirement, as a SEN I'd find it unfair to match status after JK broke.
+1. I would understand FTL, but not SEN.

Oh, and welcome on FT!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Koby
+1. I would understand FTL, but not SEN.
FTL would be fine with me. At least we will not be losing "everything".
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UX FB Gold, TK*G
Originally Posted by trantor2312
FTL would be fine with me. At least we will not be losing "everything".
+1

to be honest, with no domestic flights in *A i only expect FTL, so for me, it´s fine.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:32 pm
DrV

Programs: LH SEN, ICH Platinum, FB Silver
Ty koby.

I had a couple of words with a SEN workmate and two JK gold. We all agreed the status match is too unfair, but at least a award mileage transfer (not even 1:1) could be interesting for the JK newcomers to try a couple of short haul upgrades.

However, is JK officially dead? It has ceased operations but it might come back to business...

Regarding the interest of lufthansa to gain JKs FTs, this is my thinking as a SEN based on BIO.
The main choices in spain are either LH, AF or Iberia.

If I am not wrong JK's business was short haul or connecting flights to MUC/FRA. Its main hub, BCN, does not offer too many intercontinental flights.

For direct flights within europe (codeshare) there is nothing to do, travellers will decide the most suitable direct flight.
For two segment flights within europe, *A offers more flexibility as BRU/DUS/FRA/MUC are involved.
Same for intercontinental flights.

When it comes to the main airport offer for 2 or more segment flights (IMHO): MAD>CDG>FRA>MUC

Not to mention MAD is a completely non smoking airport and CDG is a pain for transfer.

FTs who travelled with JK do know the LH airports and service (I love MUC), if they are satisfied with the service of the alliance they will start booking flights with LH.

If only LH had premium economy...
Old Feb 9, 2012, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by DrV
However, is JK officially dead? It has ceased operations but it might come back to business...
I would love to be wrong, but I would not count on it.

Except a few politicians using taxpayers money, most of us though it was an ill idea to take over JK.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by DrV
If I am not wrong JK's business was short haul or connecting flights to MUC/FRA. Its main hub, BCN, does not offer too many intercontinental flights.
I'm not even sure that they saw moving people to MUC/FRA to connect there as part of their business. These could have been just 2 more short haul destinations for JK. (Honestly, I have never used JK on these routes - even if they are together with ZRH my 3 main destinations ex-BCN.)

Originally Posted by DrV
For two segment flights within europe, *A offers more flexibility as BRU/DUS/FRA/MUC are involved.
Don't forget ZRH...

Originally Posted by DrV
FTs who travelled with JK do know the LH airports and service (I love MUC), if they are satisfied with the service of the alliance they will start booking flights with LH.
I always assumed that everybody that flies Spain-MUC/FRA-somewhere_else had already switched from JK to LH anyway. (Why suffer on JK if there is an LH alternative? ) So maybe that group is not that tempting for LH...
Old Feb 12, 2012, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Koby
I always assumed that everybody that flies Spain-MUC/FRA-somewhere_else had already switched from JK to LH anyway. (Why suffer on JK if there is an LH alternative? ) So maybe that group is not that tempting for LH...
Often it was the cheapest combination but I tried to stay await from it.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
According to this article, AB will match the JK* programme status

http://www.preferente.com/transporte...ir-200114.html

UPDATE:

Here´s the direct link:
http://www.airberlin.com/site/landin...aclub&LANG=eng

Last edited by Marcin83; Feb 16, 2012 at 11:43 am
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:43 am

I have finally decided to take the A3 route. I think that I can re-gain *A Gold status with them quite easily.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UX FB Gold, TK*G
Originally Posted by Marcin83
According to this article, AB will match the JK* programme status

http://www.preferente.com/transporte...ir-200114.html

UPDATE:

Here´s the direct link:
http://www.airberlin.com/site/landin...aclub&LANG=eng
Wow!. I think that AB, even more with her OW application with this movement can take JK passengers.

IMHO, it´s very good idea this status match challege.

Will LH do the move after that?
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: Iberia Plus, Flying Blue
"It is not the same as a straight status match, but at least these are some good news. Please keep us posted of the outcome with the non-LH *A flights."

LH credited me with my flights in the last six months on other *A airlines (that had previously been registered on Spanair Star) with the exception of JK.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
"It is not the same as a straight status match, but at least these are some good news. Please keep us posted of the outcome with the non-LH *A flights."

LH credited me with my flights in the last six months on other *A airlines (that had previously been registered on Spanair Star) with the exception of JK.
At least that is something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.