Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2013, 5:39 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sgh42
OK, here goes, another newbie question...

I'm looking to travel on 4th Sept and return on either 18th, 19th or 20th Sept (preferably 19th) from LON to PDX, this would be for 3 people in total.

I have been looking on Kayak, Expedia, Ebookers, are there any other sites I should be looking at ?

I am a member of BA Executive club (not many points) & also the Virgin Atlantic scheme (no points). I usually fly this route once a year but prices seem to be increasing year on year. I am looking for flights only.

Thanks in Advance
Welcome to FT, sgh42! Although this forum is about Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners) I am assuming your question is not restricted to these airlines.

Since you are based in the UK you may also like to try the following websites which compare airfares in addition to the ones you mention.

http://www.cheapflights.co.uk
http://www.dealchecker.co.uk/cheap-flights.html
http://www.travelzoo.com/uk/
http://www.farecompare.com/when-to-f...ht-search.html
Old Jun 29, 2013, 6:50 am

Programs: AA PLT, CC Concierge, A3*G
How can I get the calendar view when searching for awards? It's supposed to show when searching for a return trip, according to http://millionmilesecrets.com/2013/0...fthansa-award/, but it never shows up for me.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 6:58 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Peppep
How can I get the calendar view when searching for awards? It's supposed to show when searching for a return trip, according to http://millionmilesecrets.com/2013/0...fthansa-award/, but it never shows up for me.
Are you using M&M miles? Are you looking for something like this?

If awards are available for your route and dates you should get a calendar view. What route and dates are you looking for?
Old Jun 29, 2013, 7:11 am

Yes and yes.

I'm looking for BGO-KUL/SIN in C/F mid-October, one-way. However, I don't have sufficient miles to check the taxes and fees yet, but found in the blog post mentioned in my previous post that I should be able to find them if searching for a return instead.

I've also tried searching only for FRA/ZRH-SIN/KUL for 2014 dates to get more results, to no avail.

Old Jun 29, 2013, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Yes and yes.

I'm looking for BGO-KUL/SIN in C/F mid-October, one-way. However, I don't have sufficient miles to check the taxes and fees yet, but found in the blog post mentioned in my previous post that I should be able to find them if searching for a return instead.

I've also tried searching only for FRA/ZRH-SIN/KUL for 2014 dates to get more results, to no avail.
It looks like you only get a calendar view if you search for a return award. I can't find any C or F award to KUL or SIN in mid-October but managed to find a one-way Business award BGO-FRA-SIN in November which will cost 67,000 miles and 187.30 GBP.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
It looks like you only get a calendar view if you search for a return award. I can't find any C or F award to KUL or SIN in mid-October but managed to find a one-way Business award BGO-FRA-SIN in November which will cost 67,000 miles and 187.30 GBP.
Yeah, but it doesn't work for me when searching for a return. I also tried searching for destinations with much more availability, like FRA-BLR, but the results are still for one day (like in the screenshot above). Thanks anyway.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Yeah, but it doesn't work for me when searching for a return. I also tried searching for destinations with much more availability, like FRA-BLR, but the results are still for one day (like in the screenshot above). Thanks anyway.
Some First awards are available for ZRH-SIN in mid-October as your screenshot shows, but I can't see any Business awards.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 10:37 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
Seats

When looking at possible flights on Lufthansa, is there a way to see available seats before purchase?
Old Jun 30, 2013, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by rkh29
When looking at possible flights on Lufthansa, is there a way to see available seats before purchase?
You could see them on the free access version of Expert Flyer, here.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Partner Plus Benefit program booking classes

Hi,

What LH booking classes are available for using PPB points to buy award tickets? What about for upgrades?

When used on partner carriers like UA - what booking classes are relevant then?
thanks
Old Jul 1, 2013, 1:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by sabbasolo
Hi,

What LH booking classes are available for using PPB points to buy award tickets? What about for upgrades?

When used on partner carriers like UA - what booking classes are relevant then?
thanks
Same as awards: O/I/X.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 2:40 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
PPB awards

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Same as awards: O/I/X.
got it thanks
Old Jul 1, 2013, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by gojko88
The account becomes permanent as soon as the first miles have been credited to your account. What exactly do you mean by "redeeming" miles? If you're referring to getting miles for the Star Alliance flights you've already taken credited to your account (aka retro-crediting), that has to be done by physical mail with a temporary card, so I suggest you wait for the first miles to be credited for a future flight (which will make you a permanent number), and then you can just retro-credit online. Don't forget to provide your temporary Miles & More number at check-in.

If this sounds confusing, don't worry, it's normal Just try to process as much information as you can and then ask away further.
Thanks a lot for the info, the problem is that I tried to use my temporaty number on a flight's web check-in (croatian) and that the system did not accept it. I have another star allience flight scheduled tomorrow, any suggestions?
Old Jul 1, 2013, 7:40 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Just ask the gate agent to put it in
Old Jul 1, 2013, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by gojko88
Just ask the gate agent to put it in
Thx will try that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.