Advance Purchase waived next few days!

Old Feb 25, 2010, 11:50 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: Official LH Real Person
Advance Purchase waived next few days!

Hi all,

Just wanted you to know we're waiving the advance purchase requirements on most fares for next few days.

It's a manual exception so LH.com doesn't have it - but call us or your TA to book it.

WSJ wrote about it with lightning speed: http://blogs.wsj.com/middleseat/

Best,
Michelle
Old Feb 25, 2010, 12:45 pm

Programs: LH SEN, NZ , Lifemiles, BA
Great news,

Is this only ex US or also ex Switzerland/Germany?
Old Feb 25, 2010, 12:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Probably because many of the flights are empty in the next few days since most people have already rebooked on other carriers.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
That's amazing.. need to do some Switzerland to Germany roundtrips, and was thinking of using the 10,000 miles special offer.. but this would be better, perhaps.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Everywhere!

Updated: Not valid for tickets which have already been issued, new tickets only. Sorry for any confusion on that point.

Last edited by LHrelate; Feb 25, 2010 at 1:40 pm Reason: clarification: new tickets only
Old Feb 25, 2010, 5:19 pm

Programs: M&M, BA Silver, Accor LeClub Gold
Michelle,

any chance you could post some sample prices for different markets / routes / classes to give us an idea of the type of savings to be had here? Also, what about codeshare flights?
Old Feb 26, 2010, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, but the offer's rubbish.. correction, it's not even an offer. Nothing is available, for the European stretches that could be useful to me, or for anything it would seem. Now I understand why nobody's been excitedly posting here.. there is nothing to post about.

As I understand it, advance purchase as been waived for fare classes which require advance purchase. Of course, there isn't a single lower fare class available, and one is quoted stupidly expensive fares plus taxes. Lufthansa aren't going to win back any lost clientele with this rubbish.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Sorry, but the offer's rubbish.. correction, it's not even an offer. Nothing is available, for the European stretches that could be useful to me, or for anything it would seem. Now I understand why nobody's been excitedly posting here.. there is nothing to post about.

As I understand it, advance purchase as been waived for fare classes which require advance purchase. Of course, there isn't a single lower fare class available, and one is quoted stupidly expensive fares plus taxes. Lufthansa aren't going to win back any lost clientele with this rubbish.
i happily report that there is plenty of Z (normaly 21-60 days advance) availability on several routes that i could use, 2500 EUR for Z instead of 3500+ for D or even more for C is quiet a good offer in my book...
Old Feb 26, 2010, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just tried with another call, getting another agent (this time in the Turkish call center.. the first time I got the Irish call center). I get the same stupid prices quoted, for example on DUS - EDI. I also get told that departure must fall on or after 8th March. So, I'm not going to waste my time and money with these calls any more, I'm off to the competition.

Yes, sentom, I am sure it is possible you might get some business class bargains on long hauls, which sound great. But I don't need to go anywhere far away just now, so I reckon the whole thing will pass like a train in the night. It such a short booking frist, I am sure very few will be able to make use of it. At least BA gave all their clients some bonus miles, thanking them for their perceived loyalty during the threatened strike before Christmas.

PS. Just so you know, it seems that it is valid for LH metal only, as well as the Lufthansa Regional partners. Codeshares (i.e. bmi) are excluded. But it's probably not important.. this thread's not exactly buzzing with exciting finds.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 4:17 am

But I don't need to go anywhere far away just now, so I reckon the whole thing will pass like a train in the night.
so just because you can't make use of it its a crappy offer altogether!? thats certainly an interesting point of view...

this thread's not exactly buzzing with exciting finds.
why would it? what exactly did you expect!?
Old Feb 26, 2010, 10:27 am
Original Poster

The intention of this action clearly is to fill up the space left behind by all the rebookings of passengers to other carriers/dates.

Concerto, based on your feedback I talked to Steering which clarified the situation for me; this is a pricing action rather than a steering action and therefore inventory was not adjusted. The action exists to support what inventory already exists, not vice versa.

Sorry if this is not useful to you but hopefully some people are able to take advantage of it.

Best,
Michelle

Last edited by LHrelate; Feb 26, 2010 at 10:27 am Reason: typo
Old Feb 26, 2010, 11:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
thanks michelle for posting this offer. ^^^ To the contrary of some I find it to be a great deal coming from LH especially regarding C seats.

It's a pity I am quite busy right now in CDG otherwise I would try to take advantage of it...

IMO LH handled the strike really well. ^^^
The only thing that would be missing is an M&M promotion like double miles on all LH flights in March and April. but then that would probably only attract FTers and regular folks probably don't care that much...
Old Feb 26, 2010, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by LHrelate
Hi all,

Just wanted you to know we're waiving the advance purchase requirements on most fares for next few days.

It's a manual exception so LH.com doesn't have it - but call us or your TA to book it.

WSJ wrote about it with lightning speed: http://blogs.wsj.com/middleseat/

Best,
Michelle
Hi, so Im actually finding a flight with LH from Mexico City to Geneva the 26th March and return the 3 July of this year. Can you help me?? In Buisness class.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, guys, I'm unfortunately unable to quote fares or make bookings through the forum.

To compare airfares with/without the AP waiver or to book your flights, please contact your local Lufthansa office or your TA.

Best,
Michelle
Old Feb 26, 2010, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by oavcech
Hi, so Im actually finding a flight with LH from Mexico City to Geneva the 26th March and return the 3 July of this year. Can you help me?? In Buisness class.
This is not an online booking site ....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.