Go Back   > > >

Old May 4, 09, 5:52 am   #1
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond (Hyatt/HH) SPG Platinum, National Executive
FA thanks MRers!

I was on AA 25 taxiing in to the terminal at LAX Thursday, or was it Friday. Maybe it was Saturday. The days all seem to have run together.

Anyway, the FA is going through the usual "Thanks for choosing AA" routine on the intercom when she added "We realize that many of you are flying some really crazy miles to take advantage of our triple miles promotion, and I would like to thank all of you for flying AA."

Anyone else hear similar acknowledgment by a FA?

And I do think it was Thursday.
Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 09, 7:47 am   #2
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I was flying back from LA to IAD to LGA Saturday night / Sunday morning and they thought I was somebody else (no wonder the seat was available at the last minute). They asked if I was the other guy, I said no, and one of the other FA's told the one asking "he probably did one of those weird connection puzzles he does to take advantage of the bonus miles, we won't see him till the promotion ends)". He was a 100,000 miler who apparently sat in this seat on this flight on a very regular basis, they were going to introduce the newer FA to him.

I smiled and she asked me if I was one of those just collecting weekend miles too. She said "we love you guys".
cordelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 09, 7:49 am   #3

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Only thing different I've noticed was the noticeable pause and complete bewilderment by the FA who was reading off the list of connecting flights and gates when she got to "Los Angeles" at the end of a nonstop SFO-BOS flight.
vxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 09, 9:18 am   #4
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
LOL... I had the same thing a month ago.... I was on a flight to SFO.... and immediately turning around on a flight to Newark....

The Flight Attendant actually said "OOps... this must be wrong" as she mentioned the connection gate for Newark.

I had to stop and tell her that it was not an error.... she just laughed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxmike View Post
Only thing different I've noticed was the noticeable pause and complete bewilderment by the FA who was reading off the list of connecting flights and gates when she got to "Los Angeles" at the end of a nonstop SFO-BOS flight.
wharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 09, 9:44 am   #5
Original Poster

LOL!

As we were pushing back from the gate at BOS the lady next to me asked where I was going and I said BOS. She looked at me for a second and changed the question slightly: "Where are you going today? and I smiled and said "BOS, 1 hour in LAX is enough."

She turned her head back to the front and didn't look at me again for the entire flight.

Last edited by Gamecock; May 4, 09 at 9:59 am
Old May 4, 09, 9:47 am   #6

Programs: AA-EXP 3MM, SPG-Plat
I was on AA25 BOS-LAX on Saturday 5/2 anyone on there with me?
GeneCMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 09, 9:59 am   #7
Original Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneCMH View Post
Yup!

I was way in the back.
Old May 4, 09, 11:01 am   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxmike View Post
it was hilarious when she paused and said los angeles. but i was really disappointed. cuz i was waiting for her to read the connecting gate to sfo cuz i know there was a bunch of us doing a quick turn. but she never read the sfo connection. i guess their system doesn't see it as a connection perhaps if it's just going right back where it came from.
imgonnafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 09, 11:13 am   #9

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
I was once on a DFW/SFO/ORD/FRA run. Before landing in SFO, the FA came on the intercom and stated that she was sure this was a mistake, but if anyone was connecting to ORD to please ring the call button. I rang my call button and she approached. All I said was "it's a mileage run." She gave me connecting gate info and said that even the captain said that "this MUST be a mistake."
iamthehpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 09, 11:56 am   #10
Original Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthehpt View Post
I was once on a DFW/SFO/ORD/FRA run. Before landing in SFO, the FA came on the intercom and stated that she was sure this was a mistake, but if anyone was connecting to ORD to please ring the call button. I rang my call button and she approached. All I said was "it's a mileage run." She gave me connecting gate info and said that even the captain said that "this MUST be a mistake."
LOL!

I checked in in BOS early yesterday morning and the agent asked for my final destination. I told her FRA. She entered the info into the computer and she stared at it for a minute, looked up and said "by way of LAX-ORD?" I just said "yup, I need the miles."
Old May 4, 09, 12:15 pm   #11

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
I once flew SNA-ORD-LAX-ORD-SNA and the LAX based FA commented over the PA that "well, someone really wanted to avoid the 405!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneCMH View Post
Yep, I was up front. I remember the FA reading the announcement for the connecting flight to ORD prior to LAX landing
kebosabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 09, 12:16 pm   #12

Programs: UA 1P (residual DL, US, AS), SPG
A few years ago, I was flying BUR-SFO-LAX-DEN-COS (and same route on return). When reading out the connecting gate information on approach to SFO, the FA said "...Los Angeles...hmm, Los Angeles...wow, well it says Los Angeles..."
SFOTRAVELER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 09, 12:22 pm   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFOTRAVELER View Post
A few years ago, I was flying BUR-SFO-LAX-DEN-COS (and same route on return). When reading out the connecting gate information on approach to SFO, the FA said "...Los Angeles...hmm, Los Angeles...wow, well it says Los Angeles..."
i do sjc-lax-sfo all the time, and never got a laugh from an FA reading connecting gate info. i did this before i even knew what a MR was, cuz it was just how to get places from sjc, and when i couldn't afford the $6/day to park at sfo, i didn't wanna bother anyone taking me there cuz it's so much farther than sjc.

once i was in sd going to lax, and i asked the TA to reroute via sfo, and she laughed and said no problem, but it's only january - i thought your people only do that in december.
imgonnafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 09, 12:31 pm   #14
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
I have had several times in the past that FA's would read the connecting gates and laugh, I don't recall a time when it wasn't me doing the connection

This week, I am just going to be honest with my seat mate, and see if I can get them to turn and not talk to me the rest of the flight....

This should be interesting if I am asked on ORD_LAX where I am going. I can proudly answer SJU or MCI, depending on your definition of destination...
ja_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 09, 2:00 pm   #15

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
I've had it happen at the ticket counter as well - flying ORD-DFW-BOS-LHR a couple years ago and had to exchange a paper VIPOW with an agent. She looked at the screen and then called over another agent to look at it as well. After a second, she said "You do realize that we fly nonstop to London from Chicago?". A classic moment for sure!
ORDPLATAA is offline   Reply With Quote