Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:26 am

one airline is happy to sell flight from c2 to c1.5 or c1 RT for less than 100€.
No 1X, no 3x, no LCC.

no pm because I'm not willing to help noobs.
run44 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by jorun
one airline is happy to sell flight from c2 to c1.5 or c1 RT for less than 100€.
No 1X, no 3x, no LCC.

no pm because I'm not willing to help noobs.
Which airline is it? And could you be more specific about the departure and destinations cities?

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by FLA77
Which airline is it? And could you be more specific about the departure and destinations cities?

Thanks in advance.

no

you're welcome
brizone likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:27 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond

Thanks in advance.
Please review the rules of posting in this thread, which can be found here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...ck-thread.html

Pat89339, Moderator Mileage Run Forum
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:22 am

J dump for Turkish Airlines

Looking for help to dump Turkish in J from US to Middle East. Willing to trade multiple confirmed BA dumps, please PM only.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: AA EXP
no

you're welcome
Haha. Good answer.
renwaldo and brizone like this.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Pat89339
Please review the rules of posting in this thread, which can be found here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...ck-thread.html

Pat89339, Moderator Mileage Run Forum
I guess what was completely missed by most was the fact that my post was intended to be humorous, particicularly in response to jorun's ungracious 'no pm because I'm not willing to help noobs' remark.

This is not advanced science, so let's not take ourselves too seriously here.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:12 am

I guess what was completely missed by most was the fact that my post was intended to be humorous, particicularly in response to jorun's ungracious 'no pm because I'm not willing to help noobs' remark.

This is not advanced science, so let's not take ourselves too seriously here.
Also my post was intended to be humorous, particicularly in response to your need to get:
airline
departure city
destination city

I was also thinking to give you a coffee, a silver plate and a link for the deal but above all share all my tricks because you are an humorist.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Rtw c2-c3-Stopover -c3-Stopover- c1-Stopover - c2 stop-over - C2 577.20 €

Self Dump. No Risk - No 1X.

Starting at 577.20 € All-in. Up to 65:05 hours total effective In-the-Air flying time, not including stop-overs or connecting times.

In the above example all stop-overs are 7 days, but longer or shorter stop-overs possible, probably with little or no change in all-in price.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Aug 25, 2017 at 8:13 am
Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:04 pm

Also my post was intended to be humorous, particicularly in response to your need to get:
airline
departure city
destination city

I was also thinking to give you a coffee, a silver plate and a link for the deal but above all share all my tricks because you are an humorist.
Like I said, some of us take ourselves waaay too seriously. That's actually pretty funny!
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Self Dump. No Risk - No 1X.

Starting at 577.20 € All-in. Up to 65:05 hours total effective In-the-Air flying time, not including stop-overs or connecting times.

In the above example all stop-overs are 7 days, but longer or shorter stop-overs possible, probably with little or no change in all-in price.
Thank you! That nudge helped me out a lot. Appreciate it.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:03 am

TK has cheap BF $<100 C1 to C2, many cities, with ~$400 "YR" fat, EOE permitted within USA. I havent had any luck dumping but I know there are those much much much better than me.

Also for BA is "EOE not permitted. Side trips permitted" worth exploring at all or is this waste of time?
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by kingkool
TK has cheap BF $<100 C1 to C2, many cities, with ~$400 "YR" fat, EOE permitted within USA. I havent had any luck dumping but I know there are those much much much better than me.

Also for BA is "EOE not permitted. Side trips permitted" worth exploring at all or is this waste of time?
I'd move on from any c1-c2 attempts. The majority of c1-c2 (and vice versa) require more advanced techniques...although, from time to time, that's not always the case.

And as a side note, anything with EOE Not Permitted, is usually not a good starting point.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by briancw80
I'd move on from any c1-c2 attempts. The majority of c1-c2 (and vice versa) require more advanced techniques...although, from time to time, that's not always the case.

And as a side note, anything with EOE Not Permitted, is usually not a good starting point.
Thanks, got one a while ago but noticed it seems to have been dry recently.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by kingkool
Thanks, got one a while ago but noticed it seems to have been dry recently.
C1-C2 can done at 171.45 euros R/T.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Aug 26, 2017 at 6:29 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.