Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Old Feb 12, 2016, 2:07 am

Programs: S7 Gold, AB Gold, Alitalia Gold
BRU-SFO 31.03-07/04 is cheap, but can we reduce more fat?

Do ST gives 3x C2-C1?
Old Feb 12, 2016, 4:07 am

Programs: QF gold, VA plat, SQ, NZ
Originally Posted by SwissBritMiss
Thanks for this, this is about as good as it gets (as far as I have seen for a prem carrier) on this route. It seems there are a number of ways to reduce the fat with the one you mentioned being the most effective. I'm not sure of the exact route/dates you are referring to, but I can see US$663 ai bookable.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: BA Silver, One World Sapphire
Eureka

Well I just had my first Eureka moment. Been a long time reader of this forum.

C2-C6 Ł382 rt ai. (removed 100% fat). Its with a 1x, but lucky for me I'm in the right place at the right time a few months before, so its doable without risk.

Can anyone tell me if there is a 3x available on this route as i'd love to have my partner join me (no hint, just Y or N)?

Thanks to all on here that have contributed to my madness
Old Feb 12, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: AA CO DL
Originally Posted by funkydim
Well I just had my first Eureka moment. Been a long time reader of this forum.

C2-C6 Ł382 rt ai. (removed 100% fat). Its with a 1x, but lucky for me I'm in the right place at the right time a few months before, so its doable without risk.

Can anyone tell me if there is a 3x available on this route as i'd love to have my partner join me (no hint, just Y or N)?

Thanks to all on here that have contributed to my madness
sorry, it ain't gonna happen...1x is the only way I have ever done an FD to C6...lets hear it from the other masters of theft if it is true !!!!
Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by airboss
sorry, it ain't gonna happen...1x is the only way I have ever done an FD to C6...lets hear it from the other masters of theft if it is true !!!!
I've never booked one, but was able to get a $1,2xx C1-C6 down to about $6xx with 3x all the way to the payment screen, just didn't pull the trigger.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 2:16 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold
I have seen C1-C6 possible for $3xx.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: Top tier elite on several airlines across alliances, Marriott Rewards, SPG
Originally Posted by Bob Saccamano
I have seen C1-C6 possible for $3xx.
I will echo this comment. In fact, C1-C6 was available just a few weeks ago (and discussed on this thread, a few pages back) for around USD $380 with a fairly standard dessert (I recall someone posting a price of $359, but ~$375 was the best I managed to find, personally -- still quite good).

Anyway, while I cannot comment on C2-C6 (I've never searched that route), I can confirm that C1-C6 with no appetizer is still doable.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 3:32 pm

So stumbled across this (dates in April), hope it's useful for someone!

C1w-C3e (go see the rebels) with a 3x $379 ITA'able
Old Feb 12, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: pandas
I can confirm there are currently C1-C6 for <$350.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 5:05 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by rlnnpt
So stumbled across this (dates in April), hope it's useful for someone!

C1w-C3e (go see the rebels) with a 3x $379 ITA'able
$305 possible.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 9:58 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
Originally Posted by Silvermirage
I can confirm there are currently C1-C6 for <$350.
Many dates too.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by nwa330
Many dates too.
$314 indeed. $533 if you play Jenga.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by Granite64
$305 possible.
That's a fair chunk lower fair play! That with direct flights and just a 3X? No crazy OTA?
Old Feb 13, 2016, 7:54 am

Deleted

Last edited by Ppaolpp; Feb 13, 2016 at 8:18 am
Old Feb 13, 2016, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Granite64
$305 possible.
Best I could come up with was $315. So close!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.