Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:22 pm

Programs: UA: Gold, AA: Platinum, SPG: Gold
Originally Posted by mspel
Wunderbar!
die Hauptstadt
Actually this is available for 325 eur with no 1x or 3x. Not that large of a dump at all.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:08 pm

So far I've been able to achieve a 50% dump on AB c1-c2, but have been hitting a road block on getting a full 100%. Not looking for a handout, but if someone wouldn't mind nudging me in the right direction, it'd be much appreciated, as I intend to use this fare if possible. PMs welcome.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA Silver; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by limitless
So far I've been able to achieve a 50% dump on AB c1-c2, but have been hitting a road block on getting a full 100%. Not looking for a handout, but if someone wouldn't mind nudging me in the right direction, it'd be much appreciated, as I intend to use this fare if possible. PMs welcome.
There are multiple airlines that can be used as 1Xs for 100% AB dumps. The easiest ones that I know are quite far from C1 and not in C2.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:26 pm

Programs: BA, Gold Hilton, Gold SPG
Originally Posted by abitlost
There are multiple airlines that can be used as 1Xs for 100% AB dumps. The easiest ones that I know are quite far from C1 and not in C2.

The only 3x I know for AB that used to save 50% is no longer valid. My 3x airline is out of business. Both of you are in better position than me.
I have none
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by abitlost
Thanks for your prompt reply ^. I believe c1 1Xs would be tougher than usual with this fare due to restrictive fare rules concerning carriers in c1. I've similarly been unable to locate one in c1 that works. I've found 100% 1xs, but as you said, not very fly-able ones considering where I'm based. Hence the search for a 100% 3x. In addition to 3x's that reduce 50%, I've run into a few that reduce it by 30-ish%, which is obviously not particularly helpful, but interesting.

Last edited by limitless; Nov 28, 2015 at 10:44 am
Old Nov 28, 2015, 9:45 pm

I've actually got a beautiful distant from C1 AB repositioning 1x that works for me, but the fare rules are tight regarding C1 layovers/airlines. On ITA, I can add a free <24hr AA layover post 1x and pre-AB, but I can't find an OTA that will ticket this. Any ideas?

Originally Posted by limitless
Thanks for your prompt reply ^. I believe c1 1Xs would be tougher than usual with this fare due to restrictive fare rules concerning carriers in c1. I've similarly been unable to locate one in c1 that works. I've found 100% 1xs, but as you said, not very fly-able ones considering where I'm based. Hence the search for a 100% 3x. In addition to 3x's that reduce 50%, I've run into a few that reduce it by 30-ish%, which is obviously not particularly helpful, but interesting.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 1:15 am

Has anyone managed to dump SQ ever?
Old Nov 29, 2015, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by dflyerau
Has anyone managed to dump SQ ever?
Many times on this thread.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 1:26 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
From "Pay Pearls to the Indians" to "Underpaid Indians" for $380
Old Nov 29, 2015, 2:15 am

I guess my dump out of c6 isn't that exciting then!

Originally Posted by pimpcoltd
Many times on this thread.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 8:15 am

Lyrical farerule of the day:

IF THE FARE IS USED END-ON-END MUST BE AN A-B-A COMBINATION.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 8:51 am

I now found a C2-C3 Itinerary with an usable 1x in C4 for 197 € return. Is there much room to improve ?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: A3 Silver, BA BLUE, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle, AY plat
C2-C3 214,88 EUR on very specific dates
no appetizer
no India
fare gives 100% miles in some FFP programs
cheaper via OTA's
Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: M&M, IHG
Originally Posted by Silberpanda
Don´t know if some posted this before.
C2-Maldives 278 € on OTA, 328 € on ITA.
Use a curry chicken as 3x

Maybe cheaper dates available

It is back again.
284 € OTA

259 Euro possible

Last edited by Silberpanda; Dec 1, 2015 at 1:21 pm
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:14 am

aadvantaged FD

C2-C4, from my hometown/aka lockdown city to C4 capital (first gateway to Machu Picchu). 261 EUR AI, ticketed on the dAArkside. One could leave as early as this Thursday.

I can only dump it with heavy tooling and I am wondering if a cheaper construction is available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.