Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Ton1
You can dump C6-C1(90%) with compressed construction.

also with 3x but partially ...
Ahhh, the mysterious "compressed construction" returns...

Still attempting to wrap my head around this/these ones...
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
I think it must be something he booked several weeks ago before recent schedule changes.

Now the X-factor has changed dramatically. Now sub-200 is possible. I just checked yesterday due to planning my 5th ( in last 12 months) trip to Italy.

For those few who like to go Russia, all 2 of them, the all-in price R/T New York - Moscow is a little above $200
Hey WWE,

Yes, I hear the Kremlin is nice but I might leave that one for others!

Do you fly to Italy nonstop?

Cheers,
Bill
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by Deltahater
In all seriousness, I booked NYC-MXP for thanksgiving for $219 non-stop
Camel ride?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:49 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by BillyDWilliazs1
Hey Delta,

I haven't been able to get a non-stop for that price. Nice work!
There are only 4 options. Three are the same and one is different.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:51 am

Programs: pandas
One of his questions was if some 3x can only be found on ITA. The exact opposite is true, some 3x can only be found on an OTA. (thus the headwind comment).
Google flight is like Bud Light for happy hour. Technically it's a beer, but it really doesn't get the job done.
Thanks, I'll stop using GF to look for a 3x.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 8:00 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
I think it must be something he booked several weeks ago before recent schedule changes.

Now the X-factor has changed dramatically. Now sub-200 is possible. I just checked yesterday due to planning my 5th ( in last 12 months) trip to Italy.

For those few who like to go Russia, all 2 of them, the all-in price R/T New York - Moscow is a little above $200
I booked this in February and then again April 2015. The strike I am using is very obscure and I have not seen anybody else talk about it.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 8:07 am

Send me a picture of your girlfriend and depending on that either I'll take her to Italy or show you how to do it.

In all seriousness, I booked NYC-MXP for thanksgiving for $219 non-stop
Does the opposite maybe also work?

Not the gf's pic I mean
Old Jul 30, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Sciamano

International fares rarely work in both directions...
Old Jul 30, 2015, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by jms_uk
International fares rarely work in both directions...
I know, that's why I sticked out my tongue

But the hope springs eternal
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Sciamano

Not the gf's pic I mean

Look for the base fare for the time you need. That might be the deal breaker right there
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:54 am

There are only 4 options. Three are the same and one is different.
I dont really understand how this thread works. How did you get such a cheap flight to Milan?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by MAKroll
I dont really understand how this thread works. How did you get such a cheap flight to Milan?
HAHA

Read the first 2708 pages...
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by anandrag
HAHA

Read the first 2708 pages...
^
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Ton1
You can dump C6-C1(90%) with compressed construction.

also with 3x but partially ...
you can fly C6-C1 for $577 on QF before a dump.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by MAKroll
I found a low base fare and found a way to completely remove the YQ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.