Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 3:13 am

Programs: AV,ST,OW Gold, Marriott Gold
C1-C3 rt DOJ $564

Good material for a rtw.
Old May 24, 2015, 8:37 am

Has anyone been able to trick the $920 fares from C1 to the Maldives?
Old May 24, 2015, 9:39 am

Programs: Tim Horton's Gold
Originally Posted by billotos
Around $470 - other may do better, need the right OTA partner.

Old May 24, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
I guess the highest level of secrecy regarding fuel dumping on UA website will be required since they offer up to 1 million miles for bug discoveries. We had bloggers complain to the DOT that their tricked itinerary included cabotage. We don't need them to complain straight to the airlines for pure profit...
Old May 24, 2015, 11:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Minos
I guess the highest level of secrecy regarding fuel dumping on UA website will be required since they offer up to 1 million miles for bug discoveries. We had bloggers complain to the DOT that their tricked itinerary included cabotage. We don't need them to complain straight to the airlines for pure profit...
their site lists the maximum payouts.

sneaky way of attracting submissions but then paying out a lot less than you expected.
Old May 24, 2015, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201
i love pasta, yummy
Originally Posted by Shanye2233
if you add a little herbs (the red ones) it can be worth your while
Well, well.

Looking at a certain post on this page (cf supra) and all of a sudden, you guys come out of the blue, claiming having discovered a 330 EUR J deal?

Please, just to make sure, can you confirm in all honesty that you are having the quoted price on your screen right now? Or are you just trying to nominate your self?
Old May 24, 2015, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Minos
That assumes they could even fix them...they already know about these "bugs" and haven't been able to fix them yet.
Old May 24, 2015, 12:22 pm

Programs: Tim Horton's Gold
Oh boys......still no Wet T shirt for me, spent more than 4 hrs on Jorun's suggestion, still not good enough!!
Old May 24, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Originally Posted by Calgary88
Oh boys......still no Wet T shirt for me, spent more than 4 hrs on Jorun's suggestion, still not good enough!!
You're not alone there my friend.
Old May 24, 2015, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by billotos
Easily trickable. I already posted about it.

Originally Posted by Calgary88
Around $470 - other may do better, need the right OTA partner.

You weren't paying attention to my other posts in another venue that we chat in ...can be had for $380.

Last edited by QEternity; May 24, 2015 at 5:00 pm
Old May 24, 2015, 10:16 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
Originally Posted by Deltahater
I have not been on this forum for months. Outside of WWE and Jorun, who are the best FDers at this time?
Please don't nominate yourself.
Where you been hiding? I bet you've already cracked EVA's new service and have your flights booked.
Old May 24, 2015, 10:45 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by QEternity
Easily trickable. I already posted about it.

You weren't paying attention to my other posts in another venue that we chat in ...can be had for $380.
Is it flyable?
Old May 24, 2015, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson
Is it flyable?
you´re on the right coast ;-)
Old May 24, 2015, 11:17 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by brumbrum
you´re on the right coast ;-)
Well yeah, that's where the c1 fare originates Is it a 3x then? I remember some old dumps involving this carrier with one of their codeshare partners.
Old May 24, 2015, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by nwa330
Where you been hiding? I bet you've already cracked EVA's new service and have your flights booked.
So DH wasn't hiding, he was only busy violating Hello Kitty .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.