Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2015, 1:30 am

Programs: DL plat
Originally Posted by elpueblo
On board with wet T-shirt?
What a shame!
Let me give you High Quality, Business Purpose, Hot Hot Lie Flat Bed for under 300 USD (No Lie)!

You lie or lay or do whatever you want to do.
(no short time: just right for pleasurable ride and sound sleep)
Nice dessert included.

For a long life of this deal, I will only share hints via PM with a few major contributors of this board (sort of thank you gift and bribe in advance). I will only respond to whom I think he/she is a major contributor based on my subjective criteria.

PM by March 27, 24:00 EST. I will respond on 28th.
If the deal is killed before I respond, I will send you a screen capture of the deal.

Three words summary of this deal for newbies: FDing is Engineering.
Found, having difficulty replicating. Are you sure this is even actionable?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:35 am

Programs: Miles & Smiles
All Good, thanks!

Originally Posted by dt0809
Hi All,

I have a quick question: I am a novice and booked my first FD using a 3x from C2-C3 Return. Nothing special, not even a good price, but still the cheapest option I found (400 euros RT).

I have received a booking confirmation via the OT incl. Airline Reservation code for both the Main Airline as well as the 3x Airline, an OTA reservation code and E-Ticket Numbers. All seems to be fine, I can look up my flight on checkmytrip as well as on the 3x airline. However, If I try to look up my reservation on the main airline using the e-ticket no's or the airline reservation code, it gives me an error message stating that the flight has been already cancelled.

Do I need to worry? Is there something I can do? Shall I call the OTA? Not sure what I can write here, so please feel free to contact me via PM.

Thanks all for your help.
Cheers
Hi All,

quickly wanted to update that all is in order. I just waited 2 days, anxiously, but with good hope and everything was solved automatically.
I don't want to bother you with newbie panics again, so rather I'd like to thank you guys for your responses.

To the newbies out there booking their first FD's. Panic is part of the game. But stay calm and patient. Ask the pro's here first, what to do if you think things are going wrong. By hearing their advices, you keep this game alive.

It's a great feeling to fly the first FD, cutting 50%, even though the final price was still 400EUR. Not sure how you guys manage to fly longhaul for 150-250 Euros, but the next one for me should be closer to your prices

Well, again, thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:47 am

Programs: M&M, *G, IHG Platinium Ambassador
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
AIR FRANCE C2-C4 € 187.55 All-in R/T April 2015. Needless to say, you can end your trip in CDG.
as I wrote here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24541822-post38963.html
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by Calgary88
Did not find Fr yet...
You should definitely try it. No way to C4 on FR, but you can fly many other routers from MAD with them...my best intra C2 carrier:-)
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:39 am

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
What a shame!
Let me give you High Quality, Business Purpose, Hot Hot Lie Flat Bed for under 300 USD (No Lie)!

You lie or lay or do whatever you want to do.
(no short time: just right for pleasurable ride and sound sleep)
Nice dessert included.
Your inbox must have hit the 500 limit by now! ha ha
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:21 am

What a shame!
Granted that fellow dumpster elpueblo does not belong to the dumbsters who determine the class of service by the OTA’s display, I suggest some wet T-shirt contest rules to follow:

For many a teenager, who can’t get close to a pair of b**bs, one b**b might be better than none. In a wet T-shirt contest, however, this would be a totally different category (don’t know if there is such a thing, but experienced travelers would know a good place to start looking for it).

While many an adult seems to like silicone (I don’t), screenshots are plastic when they are based on an EF and when that fare has been pulled already.

While some people see frequent flyer miles as a currency, this is so much of a different category that FT offers a specific thread for that kind of … uhm … business.

If you have only one b**l, please consider these guidelines for the next d**k contest, too.

That said: Chapeau! to elpueblo if his finding is in line with the above.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Now we're back to posts that I have no chance of ever understanding !!!!!

Originally Posted by pimpcoltd
Granted that fellow dumpster elpueblo does not belong to the dumbsters who determine the class of service by the OTA’s display, I suggest some wet T-shirt contest rules to follow:

For many a teenager, who can’t get close to a pair of b**bs, one b**b might be better than none. In a wet T-shirt contest, however, this would be a totally different category (don’t know if there is such a thing, but experienced travelers would know a good place to start looking for it).

While many an adult seems to like silicone (I don’t), screenshots are plastic when they are based on an EF and when that fare has been pulled already.

While some people see frequent flyer miles as a currency, this is so much of a different category that FT offers a specific thread for that kind of … uhm … business.

If you have only one b**l, please consider these guidelines for the next d**k contest, too.

Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, IB Silver, TP Gold
i'm out of message to PM you.
Originally Posted by laurentn
Hi
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:40 am

If you really want to implement rules for a wet T-shirt contest, I suggest 1 criterium: having b**bs. Short and simple.

Perhaps an implication :-): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzoazPPC7b8

Nah

Agreed! Such dump belongs next to a JoHannes Vermeer painting!
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: M&M, *G, IHG Platinium Ambassador
c2 - Canada - 245 €. 1x. (USA visa required)
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:59 pm

FYI. Elpueblo is not wrong if we are talking about the same one.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:19 pm

Programs: Tim Horton's Gold
C2-C3 R/T £182.90
-Premium Airline
Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:17 pm

C2-C3 R/T £182.90
-Premium Airline
183£ for me
Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:39 am

Did not find Fr yet, but found *A MAD-C4 R/T € 225,15

Update : Found it; € 188,16
260€ for the moment ... the last 80€ will be very difficult !

EDIT 253€ but I think OJ ?

EDIT 2 : 241€ with OJ. 60€ left ...

Last edited by laurentn; Mar 28, 2015 at 6:05 am
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:10 am

Is the 300 USD business deal still available?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.