Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:47 pm

Programs: Tim Horton's Gold
Originally Posted by Neil791
is this the $56USD base fares on *A or something else?
Mine is $56 *A, so may be thats why there is a difference in price!

Last edited by Calgary88; Mar 4, 2015 at 9:58 pm
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:57 am

3x strike dumps c2-c1 RT J class 685€
Old Mar 5, 2015, 5:50 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by elpueblo
JFK to C2 < 200 EUR, All In, RT

With the expensive first strike that I used.
Nice port is down south, beautiful lake is on the north.
Brand new A380 will greet you depending on when you travel.

Nada más. No PM por favor.
Two rapidly growing airlines within two countries with enormously long distances between outer borders ( and where the color yellow does not appear in the national flags) are now eligible as cheap but delicious appetizers.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Mar 5, 2015 at 6:21 am
Old Mar 5, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: AZ, BA, TK
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Two rapidly growing ( where the color yellow does not appear in the national flags) airlines within two countries with enormously long distances between outer borders are now eligible as cheap but delicious appetizers.
Something has changed or you just recently confirmed that ?

Last edited by liber; Mar 5, 2015 at 8:42 am
Old Mar 5, 2015, 6:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by liber
Something has changed or you just recently confirmed that ?

One shoud be starting in 2 days ?
PM me with your 2 suggested countries and I will confirm if you have the countries I am referring to. For some reason they seem particularly effective in flights from or to your beautiful country and your Forever City.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Mar 5, 2015 at 6:46 am
Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:42 am

Two rapidly growing ( where the color yellow does not appear in the national flags) airlines within two countries with enormously long distances between outer borders are now eligible as cheap but delicious appetizers.
I will keep on looking at the world atlas and national flags like a mad, too much interested to let it go without spending a good time to investigate it. Btw I love geography so not a big issue...thnx for the hint as usual
Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:09 pm
Formerly known as awald

Any newbies out there looking to join a PM and trade FDs? I have an FD that works for CA most of the time. Looking for some for UA.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:13 pm

Nice!
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: A3 Silver
nice discounts out of JNB to lots of different countries & continents
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: Tim Horton's Gold
Originally Posted by seris7
I will keep on looking at the world atlas and national flags like a mad, too much interested to let it go without spending a good time to investigate it. Btw I love geography so not a big issue...thnx for the hint as usual
I sat there for almost 1/2 a day, still could not have confidence which one it should be??! Keep trying......
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: A3 Silver
the only thing more frustrating than finding FDs is teammates who commit changes that don't compile / run.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL plat

I can get in the mid $200s on 3 continents and with 6 different airlines, but for the life of me, I cannot cross the damn Mendoza line. Also possible to get in the $300s on 5 continents with at least 12 airlines so there's something for (almost!) everyone.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: AA,Hilton,Club Carlson,Avis
DL has some low BF($30-$50) in the high season from several airports in C1 to DXB with a YQ of $688. Can the YQ be reduced/eliminated?

Any pointers would be much appreciated.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:12 am

nice basefare C2 - C1 end of august, but pretty expensive 3x.
Got it down to 272
Old Mar 6, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA, VS, TK, etc...
Originally Posted by amunra
DL has some low BF($30-$50) in the high season from several airports in C1 to DXB with a YQ of $688. Can the YQ be reduced/eliminated?

Any pointers would be much appreciated.
Try very northern C1 city combos. Airline is noted as preferred in the fare rules.

EDIT: Derp... I mistakenly thought I you wrote UA when I first read your post. UA also has BF's around $50 from C1-DXB RT. Try the tip above with UA, not DL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.