Go Back   > > >
    Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 19, 17, 7:08 am   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: brizone
Wiki Link
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 11, 15, 6:34 am   #39946

Programs: AB Gold, Az gold, Tk gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying4less View Post
Several C2 cities to several C3 cities inc. OJ options..

I tried 10+ C2 Xs on different airlines which worked and are very flyable!

One specific C2 city in particular has very laid back fare rules increasing the options even further

Total YR removal leaving ~5 YQ! 50%+ Overall price reduction on routes tried.

ITA Friendly and also bookable on several OTAs.. Moderately date specific!
I can easily find C2-C3 187,07€ but not properly flyable...........

EDIT: 154,08€
fedecorsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 15, 7:02 am   #39947

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpcoltd View Post
For routing rules of a specific fare - yes. For fare search - only if you more or less know what you're looking for. For ILAs - to a very limited extent.
Any thoughts on ILA accuracy on EF vs KVS? I have read conflicting accounts for both.
briancw80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 15, 8:55 am   #39948
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by briancw80 View Post
Any thoughts on ILA accuracy on EF vs KVS? I have read conflicting accounts for both.
If you have a specific concern regarding the [Interline Agreements] function in the KVS Tool, please let us know.
KVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 15, 10:42 am   #39949

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying4less View Post
See my previous posts for hints and clues
Thanks! No plans to fly TK right now, but curiosity is killing me. I will see what I can find!
aza72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 15, 2:35 pm   #39950

Programs: Brooks Beta Runner
I read awhile back that a certain classic 3x has ripened again for a major european carrier. I have a couple of narrowed said classic 3x down to two different routes on two different carriers. I've yet to make the any of my combinations cut fat yet, so it's possible that the strike has over ripened and is now simply to sweet to cut fat.

I'm hoping someone who's played this game for a longer time than I have would be willing to be PM'd by me and Dole out some wisdom as to whether or not one of my flights is in fact the classic 3x i've been searching for.
Mrpinkca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 15, 2:51 pm   #39951

Programs: M&M
Quote:
Originally Posted by briancw80 View Post
EF is known to be less than accurate, don't use KVS so can't comment on that.
FrankTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 15, 8:47 am   #39952

Programs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itKz7wjc7ys
BA:SIN-EZE $ 620.00 of YQ

Removable.

" 2 FREE Stop-overs " "Unlimited-Stop Overs allowed @ $ 150.00 each "
WingedWorldExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 15, 12:26 pm   #39953
Company Representative - ExpertFlyer.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTalk View Post
EF is known to be less than accurate
ExpertFlyer's Interline Agreement information is directly from a major GDS reservation system, so it is accurate. If you think you found an issue with the data then please email us with specific information as we have not received any reports of issues.
ExpertFlyer Voice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 15, 2:16 pm   #39954
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer View Post
Removable.

" 2 FREE Stop-overs " "Unlimited-Stop Overs allowed @ $ 150.00 each "
still a v. hefty price
tarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 15, 3:01 pm   #39955

C2s-C1.5 *A R/T € 191,92
FinalBoarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 15, 4:10 pm   #39956

So many of my favorite "error fares" are exposed via blogs lately. Now one more... Boy I hate 'em.
While it's not yet there: ~322EUR C2n-C4 RT, special construction, no X factor, OTA.
maxvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 15, 4:52 pm   #39957

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvor View Post
So many of my favorite "error fares" are exposed via blogs lately. Now one more... Boy I hate 'em.
While it's not yet there: ~322EUR C2n-C4 RT, special construction, no X factor, OTA.
I have been watching this one for sometime now, it can be done for: 314,16
FinalBoarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 15, 5:34 pm   #39958

Newbie here still trying to figure things out, but I thought I'd try my hand at my post, even if it isn't the lowest fare:

C1w->C3 strike the last if you please

If you start in the city of roses you might find yourself in the city formally known as Edo. Select dates includes travel over Emmanuel's birthday...

$771.75 RT AI $460 base with $190 fat for the pros to dump
amberailene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 15, 5:10 am   #39959

Guys, is cheese and chocolates carrier dumpable more than 50% with 1x in C2 or 3x? Simple yes/no in PM is good enough.
maxvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 15, 6:04 am   #39960

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAkH View Post
I think it's time to let this one go. Found it over a year ago, and amazingly the carrier decided to renew it a few weeks ago. Let's see if they did it on purpose shall we?

1) C1.5 - C3x biz $832 o/w no tricks (used to be dumpable for 271)
2) C1.5 - C3y biz $648 o/w self dump

both r/t can be had for less than double, no tricks
unlimited stopovers → C1 → C2 → C3
Thank you for sharing and the reminder . Altough the under 600 EUR is already tempting (within certain limits ), I was wondering if anybody is still able to get a fat free deal? Have put my heavy tool box already on the table, but to no avail.
Epicura is offline   Reply With Quote