Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Sign in using an external account

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 2, 14, 12:07 pm   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Please read: this is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread.

Last edit by: ag2000
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary!

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject.

Print Wikipost

Old Jun 3, 12, 3:35 pm   #19396

Programs: MR Platinum, AA Platinum, National Emerald Aisle and growing
Are you sure Fuel Dumps is discussed on this German blog????
Travel-dealz.de

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachfront View Post
Heh. In addition to the Travel-dealz.de site recommended sidewise some days back by WWE, I'm curious what other German blogs we should add to our Google Readers. They're following less than 300 sites so I guess it shouldn't be too tough to figure out on my own...
Old Jun 3, 12, 3:49 pm   #19397

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, UA PP, HU/TJ Air Gold, Hilton+IHG+Marriott Mid-tier
I saw it on mydealz...
benzemalyonnais is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 12, 3:50 pm   #19398

Programs: UA 1K, TK*G (not matched)
Quote:
Originally Posted by euromannn View Post
Are you sure Fuel Dumps is discussed on this German blog????
The blog does not discuss or explain fuel dumps. It only posts error fares and fuel dumps.

[You can search the blog for example for "Schwanzflug", which is German for 3X ("Schwanzflug" is a compound noun "Schwanz" + "Flug". The second word means flight, the first word... well... it's a homonym with several meanings... look it up yourself ]
germantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 12, 3:54 pm   #19399

I have spent 5 hours trying to decode the language used but NOBODY seems willing to cooperate just say keep looking.

So for those who DON't KNOW he are a few tips from somebody who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trick IT

Fuel Dump information for tricking airfare with fuel dumps.
FD-Fuel Dump
YQ- fare class for fuel dump charge.
3x = 3rd flight, after a round trip
1x = 1st flight, before a round trip
OTA is the online booking sites like expedia, edreams etc......
ITA is the online software : http://matrix.itasoftware.com/
maple syrup i think it is AIR CANADA
Big O=?
Bride= Continental
Groom= the groom is UA united airlines
Groom=Bride=UA after meger
AA = american airline and they called "the patriot"
OW=OneWorld
Big Apple = New York

Regions C1-C4a to fly:
U.S. (C1) and Europe (C2)
C1: North America
C2: Europe
C3: Asia
C4: South America
C5: Africa
C6: Oceania
C7: Antarctica
C1.5: Caribbean,Central America and Mexico, incl. Bermuda and Bahamas
C2.5: MiddleEast, Including Israel and Egypt.
C4a: Venezueala,Colombia,Ecuador,Peru

2.0 Examples
MNL-CEB for a 3x on OW
cyb-lyb is the famous 13-miler
Another 3x is from DFW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFI View Post
You have to read and figure it out yourself.
No one is simply going to give you the answer, whether in public or via PM. It's too valuable.
If you start at page 1, within 15 minutes you should know what a 3X is.
Old Jun 3, 12, 4:04 pm   #19400
GmK

Programs: A few
Quote:
[snip]
The 1.0 you posted has been posted many times, can all be found in various posts here already. No need to stylise yourself as someone doing a favor by reposting commonly found stuff.

The 2.0 you posted, well, there goes your sense of 'honour'. Next to showing you do not really understand what you have in your hands yet...

(and how do they say? "Never trust someone using more then two exclamation marks after a sentence")
GmK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 12, 4:45 pm   #19401

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Quote:
snipped
Sherwood, is that you?
Tring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 12, 6:19 pm   #19402

Last edited by belfordrocks; Nov 17, 13 at 5:51 am.
belfordrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 12, 7:02 pm   #19403

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmK View Post
The 1.0 you posted has been posted many times, can all be found in various posts here already. No need to stylise yourself as someone doing a favor by reposting commonly found stuff.

The 2.0 you posted, well, there goes your sense of 'honour'. Next to showing you do not really understand what you have in your hands yet...

(and how do they say? "Never trust someone using more then two exclamation marks after a sentence")

Those are my FAQ to share with posters as many like you refuse.
Please provide me a link to where ANYONE has made a FAQ.

Your comments are inflammatory......I am trying to help and you are a complainer.
Old Jun 3, 12, 7:17 pm   #19404

Programs: M&M
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorun View Post
If I go in ita and for example I go in one-way and I put MAD-JFK carrier UX and I forced ita to find the flight number UX3391 , ITA never find it....can I sent you a pm so I will explain better the problem?
AFAICT ITA is geared towards the North-American market and gets some European flights (among others) quite wrong sometimes. KL has fares "stuck" days after you have no availability, some Swiss low bucket fares are missing completely (try to look for the K-fare Edelweiss codeshares to MRU, PUJ, SDQ or CPT), etc etc etc. Some North-American OTAs will also miss these fares so it might be an underlying GDS issue (eg fares filed in Amadeus only).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorun View Post
Tell me if I understand: when I use the 3x I will have three fare, right? I mean fare 1 (first leg), fare 2 (second leg) and fare 3(third leg aka 3x). But if I did the FD with just two fare, it isn't a 3x but it is a OJ?
Yes, OJ with a stopover (assuming you stop before your final leg) if you see 2 fares only.

Quote:
Big O=?
Please, allow me to give you the last answer you'll ever receive in this topic (probably). Big-O = Orbitz. Thank you for your participation, gl in the future!
FrankTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 12, 7:31 pm   #19405

Programs: AA Explat, UA pond scum, DL bupkus
Quote:
Those are my FAQ to share with posters as many like you refuse.
Please provide me a link to where ANYONE has made a FAQ.

Your comments are inflammatory......I am trying to help and you are a complainer.
Look, in case it was not clear to you, people do not post these things "in the clear" because experience shows that it leads directly to their ceasing to work in days to weeks. This applies mainly to your section 2. The other stuff is less critical.
fanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 12, 7:47 pm   #19406

Programs: UA Silver; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by niki_80 View Post
Skyscanner and kayak are fetching wrong data from airlines servers or process it incorrectly (YQ/YR is missing).
I also got super excited this morning to see the alert email from kayak with the wrong C1-C2 fare prices. The kayak buzz and fare alert features are not always correct. Otherwise, I'd be all over the $10 C1-C4 RT fares to Quito showing up on Kayak Explorer at the moment.
abitlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 12, 7:50 pm   #19407

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
Wait. Did someone really think it was necessary just now to explain that the Big Apple is New York????????? And that the Big O is Orbitz????

Who cares about the deals, the entertainment value of this thread is priceless...
Old Jun 3, 12, 8:02 pm   #19408

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
Thanks, Germantraveler. I did get a smile out of my "research" to learn a new word for my vocabulary. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by germantraveler View Post
The blog does not discuss or explain fuel dumps. It only posts error fares and fuel dumps.

[You can search the blog for example for "Schwanzflug", which is German for 3X ("Schwanzflug" is a compound noun "Schwanz" + "Flug". The second word means flight, the first word... well... it's a homonym with several meanings... look it up yourself ]
Old Jun 3, 12, 8:21 pm   #19409
Ambassador, China

Programs: TG, OZ, UA, AA
Diligently as I've been trying to learn the ins and outs of all this stuff, I cannot seem to crack the secret to finding something with a C3 origin. Specifically C3-C2 or C3-C1. All the findings seem to be in the other direction. I can't decide which one of the following applies:
1) I am dense.
2) I am looking for a unicorn.

Suggestions, cryptic or otherwise?

ETA: Yes I know about the "Burmese surprise" currency mistake fares. I was hoping for something more conventionally exploitable.
Open to pretty much any origination minus rising sun and samsungland.

Last edited by jiejie; Jun 3, 12 at 10:03 pm.
jiejie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 12, 8:52 pm   #19410

Programs: AA (current EXP, occasional PLT, 0MM); UA; US; DL
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiejie View Post
ETA: Yes I know about the "Burmese surprise" currency mistake fares. I was hoping for something more conventionally exploitable.
Wait for Euro to explode?
aktchi is online now   Reply With Quote