Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]Travelocity.ca quotes LX YYZ-DEL base fare at ZERO.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE]Travelocity.ca quotes LX YYZ-DEL base fare at ZERO.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2008, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
This link for Transport Canada will be of assistance for those who are dissatisfied with the responses we have seen thus far from Swiss.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 2:30 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
whenever LX issues etickets bought via swiss.com you will get an email with the ticket number.

the subject is like this "E-TICKET CONFIRMATION: 724-XXXXXXXXXXXX - LASTNAME/FIRSTNAME MR"

when you didnot receive such an eMail then your ticket is simply not issued yet. and usually this second mail (after the booking confirmation mail) arrives within a couple of hours.

CHris

Last edited by f0zzyNUE; Dec 30, 2008 at 2:37 pm
Old Dec 30, 2008, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
magiciansampras is probably correct, but the fact that you have reservation numbers and have not been contacted about your other itineraries over 72 hours after booking will count for something.
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
whenever LX issues etickets bought via swiss.com you will get an email with the ticket number.

the subject is like this "E-TICKET CONFIRMATION: 724-XXXXXXXXXXXX - LASTNAME/FIRSTNAME MR"

when you didnot receive such an eMail then your ticket is simply not issued yet. and usually this second mail (after the booking confirmation mail) arrives within a couple of hours.
The timing on this is really amazing. They must have caught the error very quickly as it seemed to be available for an hour or two and folks were booking tickets at that time but few (any?) got ticket numbers issued. So either something got screwed up with automatic ticketing due to the zero fare, or someone caught this very quickly.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 5:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
So I'm able to see my ticket on aircanada.com, but the status shows as "unticketed." Hmmm....
I can go onto CO or AA .com select which flights I want, choose my seats, special meals etc etc and get a HOLD on it , thusly giving me a PNR. Im not tkted until I actually pay and it goes to the tkting desk and they confirm it all.

I had that problem for a friend a month ago. It was a free tkt but we switched a few things and we had a 24 hr hold on it. I submitted the payment and yet it wasnt tkted even the next day. Called up and somehow it wasnt properly done so it never would have been Offically Tkted, if I hadnt called.

Pt is till a Carriers Tkting desk actually tkts it , its not tkted no matter what you did. I would think if somehow a charge went thru that would be something else. My CC was never charged till I had called and asked ,What the Hey is Happening with this PNR and getting it tkted so its not CXed.

Last edited by craz; Dec 31, 2008 at 5:00 pm
Old Dec 30, 2008, 5:07 pm

My limited understanding is that SWISS.com requires a human to actually be involved in the ticketing process somewhere and that is how things were not automatically processed.

Dan
Old Dec 30, 2008, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
-Update- <snip>

The agent stated that Travelocity received an e-mail from LX stating they would not honor the fare. Had I been the only one who booked the fare, Travelocity would have paid the difference for it, said the agent. But because 78 (yes, she gave me the exact number) reservations were created, Travelocity would not be willing to pay for a mistake that LX made.

She stated that a refund would be given to me. I firmly told her that was unacceptable and that I intend to fly on my scheduled itinerary in J. She did not seem at all flustered, agreeing with my statement and saying that Travelocity was working with LX to insure that passengers are “properly compensated for their inconvenience” (her exact words).

She stated that Travelocity has been in touch with the legal department at LX and has told them that they will not tolerate their actions because it is makes Travelocity look bad. I asked her to repeat this, which she did, and to note this in my reservations, which she said she would.

She volunteered to have her supervisor call me back within 48 hours with an update. I told her I have an appointment to get an Indian visa and need a call back sooner. She promised her supervisor (I have his name) would call me back during the day tomorrow.

She profusely apologized again and said that Travelocity would work with me to get the fare honored. She expressed frustration stating, “Your credit card was charged,
LX sent us a confirmation number, but then said that due to a website error they could not honor the fare.” While I never absolved Travelocity from holding up their end of the bargain, we agreed that we should work together to insure that I can take my trip next week.

Today will be interesting…
I think you are doing the right thing in being polite, and working with T-City to find a win-win solution. If push comes to shove, however, your contract is with T-City, not with LX. T-City may try to make LX the bad guy (they won't issue the ticket at that price). Any business relationships between T-City and LX are not your business, including what T-City pays LX for your ticket. T-City took your money, and has an obligation to provide you with a ticket in Business Class on those flights, regardless of what they have to pay LX for them. In actuallity, they can negotiate enormous discounts if they can't get LX to issue the tickets as originally tariffed. If 130 tickets were concentrated on just a few flights, it would present a problem to LX, but those tickets are spread out over many flights, only one or possibly two per flight. LX is likely not giving up many full-fare J bookings to honor this, mostly giving up upgrades. I'm guessing the lost revenue here is in the neighborhood of $250-300 per ticket on almost all of these tickets, so $30-40,000 total. Right now, LX and T-City are arguing about who will eat that $30-40,000, and both would love it if you and the other passengers would. The passengers shouldn't have to, and it is none of their business whether T-City, LX, or both has to step up to the plate.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gemac
If push comes to shove, however, your contract is with T-City, not with LX. T-City may try to make LX the bad guy (they won't issue the ticket at that price). Any business relationships between T-City and LX are not your business, including what T-City pays LX for your ticket.
Assuming that the contract was formed between Travelocity and the customer and not LX and the customer, LX's actions may nevertheless subject it to liability for tortious interference with the contract.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 8:47 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
Assuming that the contract was formed between Travelocity and the customer and not LX and the customer, LX's actions may nevertheless subject it to liability for tortious interference with the contract.
Isn't there fine print on travelocity.com that they are only acting as "agents" of the various suppliers, etc, etc. How does that affect things? I would think that ultimately the airline would be responsible if the airline is the one that loaded incorrect fares. The agent (travelocity) seems to be doing its best but I would think in reality it is not their "fault" (not to say they can't be pressed to find a solution!).
Old Dec 30, 2008, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
-Update-

I got a call back at about 4:30p PST from a supervisor at Travelocity. Unlike the agent I spoke with yesterday, he was not at all reasonable. His mantra was “this was a mistake and the fare is too low” and he repeated that after nearly every statement I made. I told him that I would not accept a refund of my money and he said, “This was a mistake and the fare is too low.” I told him to document in my reservation that I do not accept this explanation and he repeated the same thing. He encouraged me to contact Travelocity customer service and provided a generic e-mail address.

When I asked if there was someone specific I could contact in customer service, he said no. I thanked him for his time and he repeated his mantra again. I told him sorry, I’m not accepting that and I intended to fly to DEL next week and we bid each other adieu (not before he repeated his mantra again). He was like a robot...
Old Dec 31, 2008, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
-Update-

I got a call back at about 4:30p PST from a supervisor at Travelocity. Unlike the agent I spoke with yesterday, he was not at all reasonable. His mantra was “this was a mistake and the fare is too low” and he repeated that after nearly every statement I made. I told him that I would not accept a refund of my money and he said, “This was a mistake and the fare is too low.” I told him to document in my reservation that I do not accept this explanation and he repeated the same thing. He encouraged me to contact Travelocity customer service and provided a generic e-mail address.

When I asked if there was someone specific I could contact in customer service, he said no. I thanked him for his time and he repeated his mantra again. I told him sorry, I’m not accepting that and I intended to fly to DEL next week and we bid each other adieu (not before he repeated his mantra again). He was like a robot...
"Michelle Peluso has a service level agreement with herself: answer any email that she receives from an employee within 24 hours and reply directly to all customer emails that land in her inbox. She is so committed to Travelocity's "customer championship," philosophy, that she led the rollout of The Travelocity Guarantee, a one-of-a-kind consumer proposition that puts these principles to the test everyday." - Travelocity Newsroom.

I'll PM you her e-mail address.

Last edited by gemac; Dec 31, 2008 at 12:10 am
Old Dec 31, 2008, 12:17 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
My previous tangles with T-City, O-bitz, and Xpdia involved finding out the VP of Customer service email address and physical address. I emailed them and sent certified letters to parties involved. Somewhere on FT and the internet are there addresses.

Good luck...
Old Dec 31, 2008, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Like I said..... Travelocity will honor the ticket,cos their booking engine would guarantee any fare booked.. but as the ticket is issued on LX document and LX effectively 'owns' and has FULL control of the e-ticket, they can do whatever they want with it. As long as they give you a full refund on the ticket, they are not doing anything wrong cos they have not taken a dime from you. They are simply saying, we cannot accept this ticket, and we don't want to fly you on it. If they issued a ticket and cancelled it without reason, and refused to refund it, then you have a case there.

LX can 'search' for all tickets issued within a certain time frame, and they obviously has found most of the tickets issued through them or through ticketing agencies on this particular fare or routing cos they are the issuign agents. If the fare was issued on another carrier other than LX then LX would have no jurisdiction to cancel the entire ticket. They can however cancel just their portion of the ticket, and therefore making the entire e-ticket useless.

That is why e-tickets are in a way 'bad' for mistake fares. Best if someone has issued this as a paper ticket!

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Dec 31, 2008 at 7:35 am
Old Dec 31, 2008, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Best if someone has issued this as a paper ticket!
Thats always the best ^

All my PL tickets this year that I purchased for 262$ were immediately issued on paper and that was well worth the 25$ !
Old Dec 31, 2008, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gemac
"Michelle Peluso has a service level agreement with herself: answer any email that she receives from an employee within 24 hours and reply directly to all customer emails that land in her inbox. She is so committed to Travelocity's "customer championship," philosophy, that she led the rollout of The Travelocity Guarantee, a one-of-a-kind consumer proposition that puts these principles to the test everyday." - Travelocity Newsroom.

I'll PM you her e-mail address.
Thanks. An e-mail has been sent to her.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 7:46 am

I have reported LX to the Canadian Gov't via xyzzy's link and fingers crossed maybe they will take up our cause.

While I now understand that the fare is of ZERO dollars, at the time I had no idea how the fare was assembled. This was due directly to the fact that nowhere on SWISS.com nor their confirmation email did SWISS ever break down the fare to show ZERO dollars plus taxes.

I should also point out that I do not feel that I as the customer am responsible for SWISS's mistake.

Added to that, if I had purchased a (a non-ref/change fee)
fare from SWISS and realized that I had made a mistake, SWISS would not say oh, you made a mistake, no problem, here is your money back. They would say, pound dirt.

Dan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.