Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) UA/"Air One" JFK-FCO $296 a/i via "PL trick"

(FARE GONE) UA/"Air One" JFK-FCO $296 a/i via "PL trick"

Old Oct 4, 2008, 9:20 am

anybody get this to work for ORD? i can't seem to get it this low.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 9:21 am

Programs: SPG, HH, AA, UA, BD, Hyatt, TYP
Originally Posted by iahphx
Can anyone explain why none of these fares (not the $296 but the $526 you need to find first) appear on farecompare? Looking for a way to find inventory faster -- currently kinda "needle in a haystack." Thanks.
It does show up on FC $295.

FC is also showing Milan for $285. Wonder if it's workable somehow.

Last edited by halothane; Oct 4, 2008 at 9:22 am Reason: Add more
Old Oct 4, 2008, 9:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
found it and my question is; if its paper tix > does this make it possible to skp the JFK>IAD portion both ways?
Not on the outbound, IME. Just because the coupons are paper doesn't mean that the whole reservation isn't in the computer as a single PNR.

Anyone finding any faster turns? I don't really want to go to Italy for 5 nights in the winter. A weekend, perhaps, but not so long. And does anyone know about crediting the UA-operated, AP-coded flights to the BD program??
Old Oct 4, 2008, 9:44 am

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Originally Posted by sbm12
Not on the outbound, IME. Just because the coupons are paper doesn't mean that the whole reservation isn't in the computer as a single PNR.

Anyone finding any faster turns? I don't really want to go to Italy for 5 nights in the winter. A weekend, perhaps, but not so long. And does anyone know about crediting the UA-operated, AP-coded flights to the BD program??

Booked it for Jan 30-Feb 1. JFK-IAD-FCO. Total paid with the paper ticket charge, $323.12. Thanks OP!

Last edited by 6rugrats; Oct 4, 2008 at 11:10 am Reason: Add information
Old Oct 4, 2008, 9:59 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Wacky happenings w/CT & UA

Booked Apr 21-28 (JFK-IAD-FCO) on CT for me and my mom at $592.34 a/i (2 tix)

A few minutes later I got an email from CT telling me my itin had a schedule change which for the life of me I don't see any actual difference between the old and new

The PNR has already hit .bomb and I went to select seats. I could only access the JFK-IAD-JFK legs and selcted E+ seats and put in for e500 ugs.

After I picked my E+ seats and closed the seat map, .bomb then ignored my selection and didn't reflect those new seats. Even stranger...now the outbound IAD-FCO leg shows "Upgrade Pending".

Now I in no way expect that glitch to remain and I won't call UA til later this month (when I hit 1K ) but odd nonetheless.

NOW I got another email from CT telling me that even though I chose paper tickets (the only option) my ticket doesn't permit that and now I will get etickets and a credit for that fee

This was my first experience booking on something other than .bomb. I never knew that .bomb could seem simple by comparison

finally THANKS OP!

Last edited by bk3day; Oct 4, 2008 at 10:08 am
Old Oct 4, 2008, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Exbauer
anybody get this to work for ORD? i can't seem to get it this low.
You can return to ORD for about $385
Old Oct 4, 2008, 10:32 am
In Memoriam

Programs: UA 1K, RCC; AA EXP; HH Diamond; CC Gold
Thanks OP! Booked my first 2009 MR LAX-IAD-FCO-IAD-LAX for $506.17 a/i, netting 13,586 EQMs. ^^
Old Oct 4, 2008, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by halothane
It does show up on FC $295.

FC is also showing Milan for $285. Wonder if it's workable somehow.
Odd, because the lowest FC fare I see is $434 from NYC-ROM -- and it's NOT this fare! I also see no AirOne fares at all on their system. How are you doing it?
Old Oct 4, 2008, 10:43 am

I can't get it to lower than $400 for the specific date I want, but still a great find!
Thanks OP!
Old Oct 4, 2008, 10:48 am

Booked 1/24-2/1 EWR-IAD-FCO-IAD-EWR. Seemed to work for other dates in Jan and Feb as well. Tried March but didn't work (Someone said above that it worked for him in May though).

$296.17 in total. Got charged for the paper ticket while booking but received an email later on saying that only electronic ticket was available and total cost was hence just $296.17.

Great deal !!!
Old Oct 4, 2008, 10:52 am

Programs: UA General
I'm always puzzled how one can see what class you are booking into from orbitz or cheaptickets because I don't seem to see it.

Can anyone give me a pointer?
Old Oct 4, 2008, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zabes64
Picked up a pair of tix for myself and my girlfriend May 19-26!! Not calling for my seat assignments until after this is dead... and I hope everyone else remembers that too!
Congrats. There seem to also be the last Wednesday in May available, with a return on a Wednesday in early June. Those are the last days I can find availability.

A super deal for college students wanting to go to Europe after the spring semester ends. You're not going to get close to this fare to Italy for a late May trip. Alas, I have some grade school students who I'd take, but no availability for June departures.

FWIW, the easiest way to search for inventory that I've found is to plug it into the regular kayak flight metrix and search for flexible days 3 days before and 3 days after.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 11:02 am

I'm seeing one hotel night trips (Friday thru Sunday) available out of EWR in early February.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 11:08 am

thanks, OP!

i booked for 5/22/09 - 6/2/09 (it seemed like one of the last dates the deal would work) for lga-ord-mxp-fco-iad-lga. $334 all-in. planning on hitting up the amalfi coast. weather (check) less tourists (check).
Old Oct 4, 2008, 11:38 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
I have found this deal also works when going directly to CheapTickets.com.

I posted some screen shots for what it looks like going through the steps on CheapTickets on my blog post this morning. It is a jumbled post because I have been editing it multiple times. Screenshots are at end of post and if you click on the picture you will see a larger viewable image.

I was very tempted, but think I will pass on this deal today.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.