Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Flyertalk Page on FareCompare.com

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:16 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by jeff30189
Doing a revamp of the website and taking it offline in the middle of December when many regular users rely on this tool to research MR opportunities is like the DOT deciding to do road construction in front of Disneyworld in June.

Maybe it could have been done in our "off season", like January?

Hope its up soon!
I wonder if they think everyone already booked their December runs?

There aren't many substitutes so I hope the site is back up soon!
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:39 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Given it's titled "FlyerTalk Mileage Run Search", you'd think a company representative would be on here with some level of detail.

Disappointing, but based on my previous interactions with FC, par for the course.

Their Departures page has had wrong prices for awhile as well:
http://www.farecompare.com/maps/?departure=SEA

Last edited by bmvaughn; Dec 12, 2011 at 8:45 am
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:41 am

I jumped on the site this morning hoping to get away for the weekend (either this or next weekend) on a delta flight. Why can't they leave the old one up while they work on the new one.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:37 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Let's not forget this is the company who quietly announced an anomalous fare alert system called Farechecker for the airline industry shortly after posting the $43 AZ LCA J fares. It was always my opinion it was a "look, see what could happen and why you should use our tool" show.

"We originally developed our FareChecker solution for our consumer site (http://www.farecompare.com/) and in the process recognized that fare alerts can be even more important to the carriers," commented Rick Seaney, CEO. "Based on our current algorithms, we are confident we can identify any and all fare mistakes..." from http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Monito...y.-a0144405466

The "Wickedly Low Biz Class..." thread was posted by Rick Seaney on April 6, 2006 and the FareChecker article is dated April 12, 2006. Six days. Tsk, tsk.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:02 am

Currently can't get the map to show any fares!
Old Dec 14, 2011, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by boxo
"We originally developed our FareChecker solution for our consumer site (http://www.farecompare.com/) and in the process recognized that fare alerts can be even more important to the carriers," commented Rick Seaney, CEO. "Based on our current algorithms, we are confident we can identify any and all fare mistakes..." from http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Monito...y.-a0144405466

The "Wickedly Low Biz Class..." thread was posted by Rick Seaney on April 6, 2006 and the FareChecker article is dated April 12, 2006. Six days. Tsk, tsk.
Thanks for reminding me of this; yes indeed Rick and team know where the money is. They quickly dropped off from participating in travel geek social media after this. Hopefully they'll show us customers at least a little love by bringing back such a tool and improving its accuracy in showing all the fares and showing them correctly (I am not referring to merging availability with fare posting but rather just plain accuracy in showing all of the loaded fares.)
Old Dec 14, 2011, 8:09 pm

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
Originally Posted by boxo
It was always my opinion it was a "look, see what could happen and why you should use our tool" show.
...Wickedly Low Biz Class...[/URL]" thread was posted by Rick Seaney on April 6, 2006 and the FareChecker article is dated April 12, 2006. Six days. Tsk, tsk.
Conspiracy theory! Are they that smart? Probably

Originally Posted by GrizShel
...Hopefully they'll show us customers at least a little love by bringing back such a tool ...
Or at least give us another "Wickedly Low Biz Class"
Old Jan 2, 2012, 7:27 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Just found a feference to what appears to be a new tool coming soon: ( maybe old information)

FlyerTalk Mileage Run Search

http://www.farecompare.com/products/#
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: AA 1MM;UA Premier Platnium;Crown & Anchor Emerald;Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by SMBowen

I jumped on the site this morning hoping to get away for the weekend (either this or next weekend) on a delta flight. Why can't they leave the old one up while they work on the new one.
I think I'm addicted to their (now gone) flyertalk page. I really miss doing my four times a day checks.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by rtwfan
I think I'm addicted to their (now gone) flyertalk page. I really miss doing my four times a day checks.
+1.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 9:30 pm

Programs: US Airways, Silver United, Gold Hilton, Platinum Marriott, Gold SPG
I miss FC so much
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:25 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by GrizShel
Thanks for reminding me of this; yes indeed Rick and team know where the money is. They quickly dropped off from participating in travel geek social media after this. Hopefully they'll show us customers at least a little love by bringing back such a tool and improving its accuracy in showing all the fares and showing them correctly.
So...no one is going to be surprised when FC/FlyerTalk fares come back as a pay-for subscription, right?

--mcz
Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by mczlaw
So...no one is going to be surprised when FC/FlyerTalk fares come back as a pay-for subscription, right?

--mcz
I really really REALLY hope you're wrong.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
Just found a feference to what appears to be a new tool coming soon: ( maybe old information)

FlyerTalk Mileage Run Search

http://www.farecompare.com/products/#
Unfortunately, it is has been saying that since it went down. I hope it comes back (subscription-free) soon!
Old Jan 3, 2012, 7:24 am

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
I am using farecompare.com/maps now - but I miss the old page!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.